HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should we get rid of and who should we get? (Part II)

Old
06-29-2014, 02:00 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

vCash: 500
Actually, our own Rich Clune isn't a fan of Spezza, either.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I'm going to say we end up with Derey Roy. Stastny is a long shot, Thornton/Marleau are too old, I think Carolina will demand Josi/Jones for Staal, and Spezza won't come here. I think that leaves us with some tier two guys, like Roy, Gagner, Plekanec, Grabovski, and Richards. IMO at that Poile would rather keep the assets and go the UFA route, which leaves Roy, Grabo, and Richards. I have a feeling Roy is our guy. By no means is he a true #1C, but from what I've seen/heard he'd be our best passer. Throw him on a line with Neal, put Wilson with Smith, and see what happens.

Neal-Roy-Cullen
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Borque-Jarnkrok-Forsberg
Nystrom-Gaustad-Stalberg

There's plenty of juggling that can be done there. Cullen, Borque, Stalberg, and Beck can all be moved up and down to find chemistry. But IMO we need to pair our two best playmakers (Wilson and UFA/trade) with our two best shoots (Neal and Smith) and try to find a third guy to compliment them.

If Jarnkrok makes big strides, he can replace Fisher on that line, but I'm hestitant to throw him in our top 6 as of now.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 02:28 PM
GeauxPreds

Tampa Bay is looking to move purcell for cheap. His contract is a little hefty but if we miss out on the Statsny lottery he might be a good playmaker for Neal. Does anyone else know more about Purcell?

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 02:48 PM
alexmanu

In all honesty I think we could end up with Brad Richards for a couple of seasons and then maybe either hope Jarnkrok develops into a 1st liner or we find other players later on. He may not be as quick but that skill is still there and I think he's a 50-60 pt player with Neal.

Craig Smith - Brad Richards - James Neal
Colin Wilson - Calle Jarnkrok - Filip Forsberg
Matt Cullen - Mike Fisher - Viktor Stalberg
Eric Nystrom - Paul Gaustad - Gabriel Bourque

Petri Kontiola also wants to leave the KHL, another option.

Last edited by alexmanu: 06-29-2014 at 03:21 PM.
alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 142
Again if we end up with Smith and Neal on the same line there is a train wreck comin. The play the exact same style. The glide to the slot waiting for pucks to be passed to them or rebounds. That would just kill any chance that line has. If a center can be had the 1st line will be Neal he plays left or right the new center and Wilson on the other wing. Theres just no much else to choose from. If no center is found you see Neal Fisn and Wilson. And if Wilson does not break out hes traded by the deadline. Its put up or shut up time for him this season. No matter what part he plays.

Byrddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 03:39 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
just a thought… players who have been bought out can sign now and don't have to wait until July 1… anyone think its possible Poile announces a signing of a bought out player today?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Again if we end up with Smith and Neal on the same line there is a train wreck comin. The play the exact same style. The glide to the slot waiting for pucks to be passed to them or rebounds. That would just kill any chance that line has. If a center can be had the 1st line will be Neal he plays left or right the new center and Wilson on the other wing. Theres just no much else to choose from. If no center is found you see Neal Fisn and Wilson. And if Wilson does not break out hes traded by the deadline. Its put up or shut up time for him this season. No matter what part he plays.
I don't know about a train wreck, but I certainly agree they're better suited to be played on separate lines.

Old
06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Byrddog

I can just imagine them gliding into the same anre and smashing into each other. But realistically you would have to agree there would be challenges because of the area they thrive in. It would be pretty easy for opposing teams to prevent the puck to them short of the perimeter shot and a rebound.

Old
06-29-2014, 04:01 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I can just imagine them gliding into the same anre and smashing into each other. But realistically you would have to agree there would be challenges because of the area they thrive in. It would be pretty easy for opposing teams to prevent the puck to them short of the perimeter shot and a rebound.
Fine just switch Wilson and Smith in that lineup and we're dandy.

Old
06-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Filip Forceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Fine just switch Wilson and Smith in that lineup and we're dandy.
I was under the impression that Wilson is finally going to play center this season.

Filip Forceberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 04:40 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
I was under the impression that Wilson is finally going to play center this season.
Don't see it, I think we will sign a C to play on the first line, Fisher is a cert and Jarnkrok showed enough at the end of last season to me that I want him to be playing center. I doubt Wilson is gonna play on the 4th line so stick him on the wing.

Old
06-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Armourboy

Who knows what they are gonna do lines wise, its way too early to tell whats going to happen, especially with a new coach.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
I think it all depends on where we go with our next UFA signing

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Top 6 Spaling

At this point, I think Fisher, Gaustad, and Jarnkrok are locks to be centers at this point. The 4th spot will either be Wilson or a signing.

I hate that one of Fisher, Jarnkrok, or whoever will sign will have to be the 3C, but so be it. Probably Jarnkrok to start the year.

Old
06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Armourboy

I think at this point the only thing you know is that Gaustad is a lock on the 4th line. By the time Lavi gets done you may have someone odd on a wing or something. Heck at this point we don't even know who some of the team will be, should be interesting to watch.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
At this point, I think Fisher, Gaustad, and Jarnkrok are locks to be centers at this point. The 4th spot will either be Wilson or a signing.

I hate that one of Fisher, Jarnkrok, or whoever will sign will have to be the 3C, but so be it. Probably Jarnkrok to start the year.
Fisher is more of a traditional 3rd line center.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I think at this point the only thing you know is that Gaustad is a lock on the 4th line. By the time Lavi gets done you may have someone odd on a wing or something. Heck at this point we don't even know who some of the team will be, should be interesting to watch.
As far as I know, Jarnkrok and Fisher have both only played C. Especially in Fisher's case, it'd be odd for him to end up on the wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Fisher is more of a traditional 3rd line center.
I'm not so sure about that. He's good defensively like a 3rd line center, but he has good offensive skills too. If Jarnkrok looks good, I agree that Fisher should go to the 3rd line, but he is a good offensive player. Not great, but good.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:04 PM
alexmanu

Jarnkrok needs to be getting top 6 minutes with the offense he showed towards the end of last year. You might see a scenario where we roll with 2A and 2B lines with Jarnkrok and Fisher. Mike Fisher still has offensive upside but he's not getting any younger and the defensive aspect to his game will help our 3rd line but he will also contribute around 40-50pts a season.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:09 PM
alexmanu

Once we re-sign Ellis and Ekholm from RFA we will have around 14-15 million to play with in UFA. More than enough to acquire at least one other top 6 talent.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Once we re-sign Ellis and Ekholm from RFA we will have around 14-15 million to play with in UFA. More than enough to acquire at least one other top 6 talent.

Someone that everyone seems to be forgetting is Beck. He's an RFA right now and now not exempt from waivers. Do we not qualify him? Do we qualify him and put him on waivers to send him back down? Or do we qualify him and let him make the team this year?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Byrddog

I hope Jarnkrok is the real deal we certainly need him to be but he has 12 NHL games. I just do not see him given top 6 responsibility right off. If Poile does not sign another center its not hard to imagine that Fish goes back to the 1st line Jarnkrok on the 3rd with a decision about what to do on the second line.

Poile will likely get a center but not the 1c we wish for maybe Roy who is a 2nd line guy at best. If thats the case I expect alot of line shuffling the first month at least.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Preds33

Per Grimson, Poile said that Wilson will be at center despite coaching change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Grimson ‏@asgrimson
Smith at wing Wilson at center in spite of new coach

Old
06-29-2014, 05:30 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Per Grimson, Poile said that Wilson will be at center despite coaching change.
At the end of the day it's Laviolette's choice not Poile's.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Preds33

Quote:
At the end of the day it's Laviolette's choice not Poile's.

Just found it odd that Poile would have said that, unless his plan is to not give Laviolette anyone else to play there.

Old
06-29-2014, 05:37 PM
bdub24
Section 212

vCash: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
just a thought… players who have been bought out can sign now and don't have to wait until July 1… anyone think its possible Poile announces a signing of a bought out player today?
Who ya thinking about?

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote