HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should we get rid of and who should we get? (Part II)

Old
06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Beat me to it.

I'm sure Lavi told him he wants Wilson at center.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 06:44 PM
alexmanu

vCash: 500
Do or die season for Wilson, needs to break 50pts at least.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

I posted this in the general thread with the presser notes, but it really belongs here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
If MDZ is not qualified, I am now curious as to who the other d-man would be.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I posted this in the general thread with the presser notes, but it really belongs here.
We sign someone and Bartley keeps that role methinks.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 06:50 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Diaby

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Diaby

With no AHL experience?

Old
06-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Diaby
Kid is still raw better to let the bog man earn his way to top mins In the ahl yet. No need to rush him to the bottom pair here.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:01 PM
GeauxPreds

Bartley is entirely serviceable for 3rd pairing play and won't cost us additional capspace. We may bring on a cheap journeyman type defender to play the 7th I suppose.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Bartley is entirely serviceable for 3rd pairing play and won't cost us additional capspace. We may bring on a cheap journeyman type defender to play the 7th I suppose.

I hope he does better. I haven't really been impressed with him.

Old
06-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Iron Duke

I'm really hoping the plan isn't to go into the season with Fisher/Wilson as the top 2 centers. If we want to stick Wilson as the 3rd center for now and see how he does, fine, but let's please bring someone else in that we know can be productive as well. Best case scenario, Wilson has a good year and Fisher moves down to the 3rd line. I would hate to lose a year of production out of Neal, Weber, Rinne, etc... on the hope that Colin Wilson finally figures it out. Please Poile, give us some kind of safety net here, even if it's just a retread like Lecavalier or Briere.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Bartley has more brain farts than any young guy we have ever put out there on defense. It puzzles me that he has not been pounded like Blum Ellis Klein were in the past.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I'm really hoping the plan isn't to go into the season with Fisher/Wilson as the top 2 centers. If we want to stick Wilson as the 3rd center for now and see how he does, fine, but let's please bring someone else in that we know can be productive as well. Best case scenario, Wilson has a good year and Fisher moves down to the 3rd line. I would hate to lose a year of production out of Neal, Weber, Rinne, etc... on the hope that Colin Wilson finally figures it out. Please Poile, give us some kind of safety net here, even if it's just a retread like Lecavalier or Briere.
Poile has talked about getting a top line C way too much for nothing to happen. I was listening to TSN radio on draft day and they interviewed Laviolette. Kind of a bland interview, no biting questions, but the only interesting note was that he mentioned Poile thought we're a #1C away from being a very good team and was going hard after one. Obviously Spezza was an option, but I don't think he was the only one.

Even if it's Roy, Gagner, Richards, Grabovski, or someone else on that tier, I fully believe Poile brings in someone that plays center. There's just too much smoke for him not to. It may not be Thornton/Stastny, but it'll be someone.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Nashansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Even if it's Roy, Gagner, Richards, Grabovski, or someone else on that tier, I fully believe Poile brings in someone that plays center. There's just too much smoke for him not to. It may not be Thornton/Stastny, but it'll be someone.
I rather try Wilson on the first line with a new coach and a new scoring weapon in Neal. We all seen Wilson's flashes and now I think we will finally have someone to finish his passes. I know a lot of you won't agree but first option should be Stastny, if we miss out then give Wilson a shot with Neal. Now if it doesn't work out then trade for a number 1C.

Nashansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:33 PM
RCola88

After the news today, wouldn't mind Ehrhoff. Give him a 3 year @ 4.5 per to play top 4, and try and get a player like Purcell from the Lightining for MDZ. IF all goes well attempt at Richards or Grabovski.

Neal - Richards - Purcell
Wilson? - Fisher/Jarnkrok - Smith
Cullen - Fisher/Jarnkrok - Stalberg
Nystrom - Goose - Clune/Sissons

Josi - Weber
Ehrhoff - Jones
Ekholm - Ellis

Rinne
Hutton

That is a playoff team if you ask me. I stand behind the Ehrhoff deal, he would be great in the top 4. Take the pressure of Jones/Ekholm/Ellis and provide a good veteran presence. As for Bourque, I think he could be traded or the odd man out in the box because of his contract. Also I know Wilson is playing center supposedly, but there is no space if we sign a UFA C and he is the only center with winger experience.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
I rather try Wilson on the first line with a new coach and a new scoring weapon in Neal. We all seen Wilson's flashes and now I think we will finally have someone to finish his passes. I know a lot of you won't agree but first option should be Stastny, if we miss out then give Wilson a shot with Neal. Now if it doesn't work out then trade for a number 1C.
Now is the time when some 1Cs may be available. Again, if Wilson establishes a superior level of play during the course of the season, you can always push him up the depth chart, but to hand him the keys and hope that he's suddenly going to turn into a 50-60 point guy is asking for problems.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I wouldn't mind Ehrhoff, but there are teams that need Dmen way worse than will pay way more.

Old
06-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Nashansen

Quote:
Now is the time when some 1Cs may be available. Again, if Wilson establishes a superior level of play during the course of the season, you can always push him up the depth chart, but to hand him the keys and hope that he's suddenly going to turn into a 50-60 point guy is asking for problems.
You might be right and I agree this year Wilson needs to have his breakout year. He's no Malkin but I think Wilson + Neal could be magic, anyway I sure hope so lol.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather overpay for Stastny but if we miss out I think we give the kids a go and let Wilson center Neal.

Nashansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 135
Quote:
Right on and multiply that by penciling in Jarnkrok after only 12 games last year would be pretty dangerous.

Now thinking about what is being put out...
1 If Poile actually said that Wilson will play at center period.
2 If Poile is serious about signing another center

Whats gonna happen to the extras. Buy out Goose??? Better hurry deadline tomorrow at 5. Fish has a no movement clause, Jarnkrok Is Poile as high on him as we are? Wilson a lock at center??? A case can be made for all, so if He signs a center Jarnkrok has to go to wing or Milwaukee. It hurts ones head to think too much about all this.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:07 PM
dougie1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Bartley has more brain farts than any young guy we have ever put out there on defense. It puzzles me that he has not been pounded like Blum Ellis Klein were in the past.
Bartley wasn't a first or high second round pick. I agree Bartley is the least reliable defenseman we have but the expectations were nowhere near as high.

dougie1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:07 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

I think someone is getting moved.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Swedishpredator

Stasny or Richards

Stasny and Richards is in my mind the best bet for poile to go after in the Free Agents circus. Maybe B Richards isnt the superstar center he was around 5-10 years back, but his years in a defensive minded tortorella rangers maybe somewhat neutrulized his numbers. (maybe thats a bad statement since he was good in TB and tortorella ofc was there aswell).

but in dallas he made 77 points and 91 points within 2 seasons.

this might be complete BS but maybe he is a guy that really fits with a southern market like we have seen with tampa bay, dallas and hopefully Nashville....?

i mean he has had a down year this season....but except this season he has produced 60+ points when playing atleast 70+ games. i really cant complain about those numbers!

Swedishpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishpredator View Post
Stasny and Richards is in my mind the best bet for poile to go after in the Free Agents circus. Maybe B Richards isnt the superstar center he was around 5-10 years back, but his years in a defensive minded tortorella rangers maybe somewhat neutrulized his numbers. (maybe thats a bad statement since he was good in TB and tortorella ofc was there aswell).

but in dallas he made 77 points and 91 points within 2 seasons.

this might be complete BS but maybe he is a guy that really fits with a southern market like we have seen with tampa bay, dallas and hopefully Nashville....?

i mean he has had a down year this season....but except this season he has produced 60+ points when playing atleast 70+ games. i really cant complain about those numbers!
Not to mention he's played with Neal...he and Roy are the two guys I think are viable options. I'd prefer Richards.

Old
06-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I hope that MDZ gets moved or qualified. I get that you shouldn't compound mistakes, but he has shown some pretty significant talent at times in this league. A 1 year QO of 2.9 is steep, but at this point, can afford it.

I think most of us thought it was a poor decision at the time. I hope Poile is able to salvage something of the situation. Ouch.

06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
Who ya thinking about?
Was thinking Richards, as hes been out there a few days and Poile seemed pretty confident that he could get a C...

but I guess not

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Some TSN radio guy said EDM is close to completing a trade. My guess is MDZ for Gagner.