HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Development Camp 2014

Old
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
That's a good point. But if Nurse is clearly on the cusp of NHL ready why not give him a month or two with the team. Play a few NHL games, get a nice paycheque before going back to the CHL where he can use the new skills and continue to build on what the NHL staff tell him he needs to work on.
Where do you slot him in, though? It's not like we necessarily have a plug (yet) on D. Our two new guys should be meshing with the team and finding their groove here, so you don't want them sitting for Nurse. You can't sit the captain so a prospect can get his 9 games. Petry gets dumped on a lot here, but he's a steady presence, and Marincin was one of our best defensemen last year. Schultz also needs to continue his development, he can't start the season sitting for 9 games. This is where he needs to start becoming a better defenseman.

Only way I see it is if someone gets injured during exhibitions/training camp, or if Marincin hasn't come prepared. Marincin could then start in the AHL, and whoever is playing better between him and Klef could replace Nurse after his 9.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Pointteen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Where do you slot him in, though? It's not like we necessarily have a plug (yet) on D. Our two new guys should be meshing with the team and finding their groove here, so you don't want them sitting for Nurse. You can't sit the captain so a prospect can get his 9 games. Petry gets dumped on a lot here, but he's a steady presence, and Marincin was one of our best defensemen last year. Schultz also needs to continue his development, he can't start the season sitting for 9 games. This is where he needs to start becoming a better defenseman.

Only way I see it is if someone gets injured during exhibitions/training camp, or if Marincin hasn't come prepared. Marincin could then start in the AHL, and whoever is playing better between him and Klef could replace Nurse after his 9.
I know last year was great for injuries for the team, but I'm still used to the idea of half of the roster being out with injuries at the same time.

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 11:06 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I watched a good number of videos from the prospects at this orientation camp and I have to say, I really like the direction they've taken it. It's more fun and team building and less business and hard work. It's still professional and emphasizes the effort required, but they get to do it in the Rockies and then go see wildlife and do entertaining things.It seemed like the prospects really enjoyed themselves and took some lifetime memories away from it.

Well done Oilers.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:50 PM
oilman9482

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I watched a good number of videos from the prospects at this orientation camp and I have to say, I really like the direction they've taken it. It's more fun and team building and less business and hard work. It's still professional and emphasizes the effort required, but they get to do it in the Rockies and then go see wildlife and do entertaining things.It seemed like the prospects really enjoyed themselves and took some lifetime memories away from it.

Well done Oilers.
I like the sounds of this. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for posting. I'm already looking forward to training camp in September.

oilman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:09 AM
hallsyoilerforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

Well done Oilers.
But the mainboards said its hilarious and such a joke!!

hallsyoilerforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:10 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
"lol oilers"

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:48 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
If there is one thing I have learned through my years on HF, it's that the main board is always right and they know more about every team than actual fans/players/management of that team.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Thread about the Oilers taking the prospects camping for a night - 154 replies.
Thread about the Stars holding training camp at Fort Worth - 4 replies.

And people think we make up the Oiler hate on this board.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Become a winning team again and it won't matter if the Oilers send their prospects to Chuck E Cheese for training camp.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote