HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How long until that bum Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2014, 10:26 AM
  #26
Kuato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Moderators haven't woken up yet, still early here.

Guaranteed this thread disappears when one of them sees it, and starts screaming at us for responding to your trolling.
How is pointing out some facts trolling?

Kuato is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:26 AM
  #27
Inner Turbulence
Registered User
 
Inner Turbulence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
That would imply I want him on my team's roster. No thank you. I know how that movie ends. Carter on a team that needs him has significantly less value than he does as a floater (a good floater, but a floater nonetheless). When the going gets tough, Jeff Carter shrinks faster than a penis when it hits cold water.
I take it you didn't watch much of the 2014 playoffs

Inner Turbulence is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
  #28
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,257
vCash: 500
I'm usually not this generous, but I'm feeling like giving out some charity this morning. OP, would you like me to help you dislodge your head from your ass?

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:31 AM
  #29
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
We thought we had seen Carter as Hauser, but he's Douglas Quaid!

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:31 AM
  #30
Kuato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
That image captures his personality quite well actually.

Kuato is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:34 AM
  #31
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
That image captures his personality quite well actually.
So do these. Guy's a winner.





I'm thinking the OP may be friends with Ceff Jarter.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:37 AM
  #32
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kuato take your own advice. Kuato: You are what you do. A man is defined by his actions, not his memory.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:37 AM
  #33
fsanford
Registered User
 
fsanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
How is pointing out some facts trolling?
What facts?

I guess we should say thanks for the Flyers becoming the Kings farm system and helping them hoist 2 cups in three years.

It will probably stop, now that you have a Kings trained GM who will not get fleeced like the previous GM.

fsanford is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:39 AM
  #34
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
It's funny that you are being sarcastic, because he had 1 - that's right 1 - GWG in the PO.

Mike Richards - who has fallen out of favor with the coach - has more than Carter.
And? Kings had 11 different guys get a GW. Only four on LA had more than one GWG. We spread the scoring out. Kopitar and Gaborik only had one GWG too, whats your point?

Carter scored in eight different games. We were 6-2 in those games. Without Carter we don't win the cup, whether or not he scored the actual clinching goal.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:39 AM
  #35
Inner Turbulence
Registered User
 
Inner Turbulence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
How is pointing out some facts trolling?
There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth.
- Maya Angelou

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
- Mark Twain



10 points in the Conference Finals seemed pretty OK'ish. I think it's fair to say, no Carter - no Cup. You can call him whatever you want, spend time and effort debating whether he's a 30 or a 40 goal scorer ... in LA he's just a 2-time Stanley Cup Winner.

Inner Turbulence is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:46 AM
  #36
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,257
vCash: 500
OP wants a cookie.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:48 AM
  #37
Kuato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
OP is a strong candidate for the next flyers gm. Need moar offense amirite?
The Flyers need a first line winger, but defense is biggest need.

Kuato is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:50 AM
  #38
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryIslandBartender View Post
OP is Paul Holmgren. (E5)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
That would imply I want him on my team's roster. No thank you. I know how that movie ends. Carter on a team that needs him has significantly less value than he does as a floater (a good floater, but a floater nonetheless). When the going gets tough, Jeff Carter shrinks faster than a penis when it hits cold water.
This is probably the most ridiculous post I've read on this site. Congrats.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:51 AM
  #39
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
The Flyers need a first line winger, but defense is biggest need.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:52 AM
  #40
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kuato is just angry over his looks.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:54 AM
  #41
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Alpa says I'r Baboon doesn't like Weasel.

alpa is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:54 AM
  #42
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
OP wants a cookie.
OP cannot have a cookie because he's been a bad boy.

A very bad boy.

OP, for your punishment, you will be made to stand in a corner and read the deals your GMs have made in the past ten years.

That's punishment enough. After that, you can go.

__________________
Ron is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:56 AM
  #43
KingsCourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
ignore list !!!

KingsCourt is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
  #44
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
The Flyers need a first line winger, but defense is biggest need.
What about a goalie that doesn't fold like a house of cardboard.

alpa is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
  #45
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,240
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
When the going gets tough, Jeff Carter shrinks faster than a penis when it hits cold water.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 10:58 AM
  #46
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
OP cannot have a cookie because he's been a bad boy.

A very bad boy.

OP, for your punishment, you will be made to stand in a corner and read the deals your GMs have made in the past ten years.

That's punishment enough. After that, you can go.
.. I almost feel pity for him now.

alpa is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 11:00 AM
  #47
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,257
vCash: 500
Bought the OP a shirt...


Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 11:00 AM
  #48
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,542
vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Alright, enough of this. Obvious sour grapes are obvious.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.