HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread - Part VI - Oh hey, look at that... a 2C

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
I could care less what the Las Vegas odds are, since the clowns who set the odds are too blind to see the crap on the Chicago Blackhawks payroll:

Versteeg
Rozsival
Rundblad
Leblanc

as well as, at best, an AHL goaltender masquerading as the Chicago Blackhawks backup goaltender next season.

Furthermore, the Chicago Blackhawks just may have downgraded from Bollig to Mashinter.

Quite simply, one helluva pathetic off-season for the Chicago Blackhawks organization to date.
Its couldn't care less. Why would you say you could care less? How much less could you care? Yes, Vegas loves losing money and does no research before putting lines up which is why they set the Hawks as the co-favorites with the Bruins.

Old
06-30-2014, 01:59 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
If the Chicago Blackhawks do not resolve the second line center position in the next 24 hours (no band-aids either), the Chicago Blackhawks won't make the playoffs next season.
would love to be able to keep this in a signature - this is quintessential overreaction from this board.

Old
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Anaheim also has no goaltending and no defense.
Well, that's simply not true.

Fowler
Lovejoy
Beauchemin
Lindholm

Gibson is going to be a franchise goaltender.

Even though we are currently better, we still need to make a move and get a center so we remain better.

Sarava

Quote:
I could care less what the Las Vegas odds are, since the clowns who set the odds are too blind to see the crap on the Chicago Blackhawks payroll:

Versteeg
Rozsival
Rundblad
Leblanc

as well as, at best, an AHL goaltender masquerading as the Chicago Blackhawks backup goaltender next season.

Furthermore, the Chicago Blackhawks just may have downgraded from Bollig to Mashinter.

Quite simply, one helluva pathetic off-season for the Chicago Blackhawks organization to date.

No second line center whatsoever to be found on the Chicago Blackhawks roster.
Yikes - relax dude. I agree Stan hasn't had the best start to the off-season, but there's still time. And even if he doesn't do anything - this team is still good enough to win the cup.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post

Fowler
Lovejoy
Beauchemin
Lindholm

Fowler is good, but he's not a franchise defensemen like Doughty or Keith. I agree they have a bright future with Gibson.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:01 PM
TCD Travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
would love to be able to keep this in a signature - this is quintessential overreaction from this board.
I think people are trying to whine their way to more support for their arguments. I've become in favor of trading everyone but T/K for a 2C just so it stops.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Fowler
Lovejoy
Beauchemin
Lindholm

None of those guys would be in our top 3. Gibson MIGHT be a franchise goaltender. He's played 4 playoff games and has a .919 save%. In Crawford's first playoff series against Vancouver he put up a .929 save%. Lets not pencil him in to the Hall of Fame yet.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:03 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Just for the sake of argument, let's say we do miss the playoffs. Does that mean Bowman and/or Q are gone or do they get one more season?

Old
06-30-2014, 02:03 PM
TK
Global Moderator

Fowler is better/equal to than/as Hammer, and I love Hammer. He'd be in the top 3, most likely.

Hawks have proven to go far and even win it all without a legit #2 C. But having one would make things a lot easier.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Just for the sake of argument, let's say we do miss the playoffs. Does that mean Bowman and/or Q are gone or do they get one more season?
It depends on the circumstances. Say Kane and Toews go down with major injuries early in the year and miss 70 games. I'd say they'd get another year then.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:06 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Yikes - relax dude. I agree Stan hasn't had the best start to the off-season, but there's still time. And even if he doesn't do anything - this team is still good enough to win the cup.
Nope!

Stan Bowman's **** don't stink and the Chicago Country Clubbers (don't deserve the moniker Blackhawks with Country Club Q at the helm) is back in business next season with the typical 20 to 40 minute efforts.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:07 PM
TCD Travesty

Quote:
Depends on circumstance. Did they fail to make it because of yearlong injury problems or were they at or near full strength all season long and...

REALLY?! Does anyone think this team when healthy could be worse than, say, the Predators or Stars or Wild?!

Old
06-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Illinihockey

Just as a reminder about the Hawks terrible season, they were 2nd in overtime losses, and 4th in shootout losses last year.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:12 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD Travesty View Post
I think people are trying to whine their way to more support for their arguments. I've become in favor of trading everyone but T/K for a 2C just so it stops.

the best part is that you don't even need to look at the usernames anymore when the following is included in every post:

'geriatric pylon' Rozsival
'decrepit pylon' Roszival
'playoff-no-show- Kris Versteeg

all subtle cues that i should probably just ignore that post

Old
06-30-2014, 02:14 PM
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Just as a reminder about the Hawks terrible season, they were 2nd in overtime losses, and 4th in shootout losses last year.
A fluke. It's why we ended in the standings where we did. Undefeated in 2013 in overtimes to that? Horseradish. Then Kane had a terrible year in the shootout after being the best player in the shootout.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:16 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
what makes you think they're even on the hotseat as of now? nobody is even seriously considering this is a possibility for next year.

for Q to get moved he would have to have such an epic meltdown that he got axed before the season even ended.

and bowman is in the clear for some time IMO... the current roster has proven that it can win.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:17 PM
neodydan

I think the best of the bunch of those Anaheim defensemen long-term is gonna be Lindholm. Look at his Corsi numbers in his rookie season. Kid is better than Trouba in the long-run I think.

Any team in the league would kill to have him on their second pairing if not 1st.

Old
Illinihockey

Quote:
A fluke. It's why we ended in the standings where we did. Undefeated in 2013 in overtimes to that? Horseradish. Then Kane had a terrible year in the shootout after being the best player in the shootout.
My point exactly.

Oddly enough, these terrible Hawks that may miss the playoffs finished 7 points better than the all time great Los Angeles Kings last year.

Old
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Nope!

Stan Bowman's **** don't stink and the Chicago Country Clubbers (don't deserve the moniker Blackhawks with Country Club Q at the helm) is back in business next season with the typical 20 to 40 minute efforts.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:18 PM
hisgirlfriday

Ducks are not giving a QO for Perrault for some reason. Let's get him!

Old
06-30-2014, 02:20 PM
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post
Ducks are not giving a QO for Perrault for some reason. Let's get him!
Just what we need. More bottom six centers. I wouldn't be opposed to getting him and moving Shaw back to wing. But if we're not getting a center, I'd like Shaw as the #2 C with Kane and Saad, until Teuvo is ready to take the reins. So he'd help out on the third line.

Last edited by TK: 06-30-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old
06-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Taze em

Perrault would be a good pick up. Basically any Center who is 52%+ on faceoffs with 40+ pts is perfect for me. Bonus if you play PK.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:27 PM
nickynick001
Rookie User

Quote:
Nope!

Just so I understand correctly, the Hawks won't make the playoffs because they don't have a 2C and the active leader in wins among coaches is not hard on the players.

And the Hawks have had a terrible off season because they weren't in on one of the centers that was traded. All before free agency has even started.

Just want to be up to speed.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:27 PM
kmwtrucks

Getting Morin, Raanta and Smith signed all for Solid $$$ amounts and trading Bollig for a 3rd rounder Where all very good moves by Bowman. I would have preffered not trading up and taking someone like Ivan with the 27th pick if Nick was not there and the balance of the draft I thought was just Average. The one thing I liked is they did seem to go with some taller players 6-3 to 6-5 for 4 or 5 of them.

In regard to the 2nd line Center We all would like one the question is how do you get one? Bickell is the only player really left with size after moving Bollig. I think moving Steeg for nothing at this point would be a mistake. Let him get healthy and a full offseason and maybe move him at the trade deadline. I admit I would have preffered to not have traded for Runblad but I think we should let him get into to a full traning camp and get a full off season with the coach's so they can work with him. He has all the tools to be a good Off D man and good on the PP. I would like to move Roz to free up Cap space and I would not be opposed to moving 1 of Sharp, JO or Leddy If it would help is get a #2 C, Sharp and JO are never going to have more value (age) and Leddy might be hard to extend when you factor in his age when he is a UFA.

I think its been a AVG off season so far. Great No, Disaster no.

Old
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
zytz
lumberjack

whats likely AAV for perreault as a UFA?

could be an option if the price is right

Closed Thread