HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread - Part VI - Oh hey, look at that... a 2C

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
  #101
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
How long until Regin is re-signed? Cheap 4C that showed he can jump up and down the lineup for short stretches
Probably a more reasonable solution for 2C. Dominic Moore would be too big time for Bowman.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:03 PM
  #102
hisgirlfriday
Registered User
 
hisgirlfriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
How long until Regin is re-signed? Cheap 4C that showed he can jump up and down the lineup for short stretches
We don't have the money to resign Regin or Brookbank unless Oduya, Rozy or Versteeg get moved.

Also, Hawks rookie camp announced for July 13-18.

hisgirlfriday is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:04 PM
  #103
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDagger50 View Post
Apparently Galiardi not being qualified by the Flames.
Is he someone we should look into? Don't know much about him


think we're pretty well set on wingers

zytz is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:05 PM
  #104
CourtneyDagger50
Registered User
 
CourtneyDagger50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
think we're pretty well set on wingers
Ugh I thought he was a center.
Nvm

CourtneyDagger50 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
  #105
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDagger50 View Post
Ugh I thought he was a center.
Nvm
could be that he plays both - i thought he ws just on the LW though

zytz is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:13 PM
  #106
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
Versteeg $2.2 mil - Morin $800K = $1.6 mil savings
Rozi $2.2 mil - Johns $1.0 mil = 1.2 mil savings
Rundblad $785,000 - Dahlbeck $613,333 = 170K savings

OK, there's your $3 million in savings...that doesn't even bring in Dave Bolland. Still going to need to trim a lot of fat to afford Stasny's contract.
Trade Patrick Sharp for salary cap relief and have the Wonder Boy from Finland fill the first line left wing role. Plenty of money will be available Paul Stastny, who is four years younger than Sharp, once Patrick Sharp is removed from the Chicago Blackhawks payroll.

Stastny or bust!

SLarmer28 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
  #107
hockeydoug
Registered User
 
hockeydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Trade Patrick Sharp for salary cap relief and have the Wonder Boy from Finland fill the first line left wing role. Plenty of money will be available Paul Stastny, who is four years younger than Sharp, once Patrick Sharp is removed from the Chicago Blackhawks payroll.

Stastny or bust!
Now you just have to find a contending team that wants Sharp at reasonable value and beat out 15 teams for Statsny...almost too easy.

Injuries, not a problem, plug in more prospects for the cup run.

hockeydoug is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:17 PM
  #108
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Now you just have to find a contending team that wants Sharp at reasonable value and beat out 15 teams for Statsny...almost too easy.

Injuries, not a problem, plug in more prospects for the cup run.
By the way, Stephens Johns salary cap hit is $800,000.

http://www.capgeek.com/blackhawks/

SLarmer28 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:19 PM
  #109
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Now you just have to find a contending team that wants Sharp at reasonable value and beat out 15 teams for Statsny...almost too easy.

Injuries, not a problem, plug in more prospects for the cup run.
All I read is Teuvo Teravainen is the savior. Teuvo Teravainen can't be traded. Teuvo this, Teravainen that.

SLarmer28 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
  #110
Pepe Silvia
Registered User
 
Pepe Silvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
All I read is Teuvo Teravainen is the savior. Teuvo Teravainen can't be traded. Teuvo this, Teravainen that.
It would be incredibly dumb to trade one of the top prospects in the league, who has 3 years of an ELC left on a team already close to the cap.

Pepe Silvia is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:24 PM
  #111
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
All I read is Teuvo Teravainen is the savior. Teuvo Teravainen can't be traded. Teuvo this, Teravainen that.
that's weird... all the rest of us hear is decrepit pylon this, country club that.

zytz is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:26 PM
  #112
TCD Travesty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
All I read is Teuvo Teravainen is the savior. Teuvo Teravainen can't be traded. Teuvo this, Teravainen that.
Don't get upset at TT because the 2C market isn't as easy as you wish. He's one of the top prospects in the league. In time he could become MSL. He's the kind of player you should be happy to have in your system. All at the beginning of an ELC. This 2C obsession has gotten to the point where we're not just tired of perceived dead weight but now actively resentful of guys who are going to make the Hawks better.

TCD Travesty is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:26 PM
  #113
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,749
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDagger50 View Post
Apparently Galiardi not being qualified by the Flames.
Is he someone we should look into? Don't know much about him
Absolutely not

TJ Galiardi has done nothing but struggle since his rookie since in 2010

His rookie year he got some looks on Stastny wing and that inflated his #'s

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:27 PM
  #114
tatoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ddo quebec
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
July1st

Does anybody really think that Stan will be active leading up to July 1st.a couple of trades to free up some cap space?i will predict that Stan does nothing to acquire a 2nd line center.we might get a 4th line player but that's it.hopefully he signs toews and kane and announces it on July 1st.

tatoo is online now  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:35 PM
  #115
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,122
vCash: 500
I think Rozsival gets moved but other than that i think what you see is what ya get at this point.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Smith-Kane
Bickell-TT-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Rockford call up

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Leddy-Rundblad

Crawford
Raanta

No cap space and it'd be dumb to break up the core IMO

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:39 PM
  #116
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,749
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I think Rozsival gets moved but other than that i think what you see is what ya get at this point.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Smith-Kane
Bickell-TT-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Rockford call up

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Leddy-Rundblad

Crawford
Raanta

No cap space and it'd be dumb to break up the core IMO
That 3rd pairing is an abomination

And Versteeg retire?

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:41 PM
  #117
Spectra
Registered boozer
 
Spectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Damn, PaP just got traded for Briere and COL had to ADD...Same salary but one less year. Weirdest trade yet and there's already been a few. I expect madness going forward!

Safe to say that a $4m player who only shows up for the PO's has very little value at the moment. Possibly dumping Rozi and rolling with what we've got is my prediction for July.

Spectra is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:43 PM
  #118
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That 3rd pairing is an abomination

And Versteeg retire?
He didn't. I was going to edit my post but unless Verbeauty has a better season than last year he might be a press box favorite.

What were his regular season #s with us last season? Excluding his time in Florida

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:44 PM
  #119
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I think Rozsival gets moved but other than that i think what you see is what ya get at this point.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Smith-Kane
Bickell-TT-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Rockford call up

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Leddy-Rundblad

Crawford
Raanta

No cap space and it'd be dumb to break up the core IMO
What happened to Saad?

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:52 PM
  #120
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,749
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
He didn't. I was going to edit my post but unless Verbeauty has a better season than last year he might be a press box favorite.

What were his regular season #s with us last season? Excluding his time in Florida
63 GP

10 goals + 19 assists and a +10

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:55 PM
  #121
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I think Rozsival gets moved but other than that i think what you see is what ya get at this point.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Smith-Kane
Bickell-TT-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Rockford call up

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Leddy-Rundblad

Crawford
Raanta

No cap space and it'd be dumb to break up the core IMO
Brandon Saad?
Brandon "don't call me Bollig" Mashinter?

Ben Smith is not the solution at the second line center position.

SLarmer28 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
  #122
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD Travesty View Post
Don't get upset at TT because the 2C market isn't as easy as you wish. He's one of the top prospects in the league. In time he could become MSL. He's the kind of player you should be happy to have in your system. All at the beginning of an ELC. This 2C obsession has gotten to the point where we're not just tired of perceived dead weight but now actively resentful of guys who are going to make the Hawks better.
Stan Bowman crapped in his own bed, he can now sleep in it.

SLarmer28 is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:57 PM
  #123
Easton Modano Curve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Trade Patrick Sharp for salary cap relief and have the Wonder Boy from Finland fill the first line left wing role. Plenty of money will be available Paul Stastny, who is four years younger than Sharp, once Patrick Sharp is removed from the Chicago Blackhawks payroll.

Stastny or bust!
So we're missing the playoffs without Stasny and Stanley Cup champs with Stasny?

Easton Modano Curve is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 04:58 PM
  #124
TCD Travesty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Stan Bowman crapped in his own bed, he can now sleep in it.
What...what does that even mean?

TCD Travesty is offline  
Old
06-30-2014, 05:00 PM
  #125
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD Travesty View Post
What...what does that even mean?
sounds like he doesn't change his sheets regularly.

zytz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.