HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Will all three Reinharts have their rookie season this year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2014, 07:33 PM
  #1
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Will all three Reinharts have their rookie season this year?

Samson seems likely to stick for us. He's NHL-ready, we're terrible. They might send him to juniors to just keep him out of the mire of the '14-'15 Sabres season, but I see no need for that. The environment isn't going to be toxic (wasn't last year after Nolan took over), which would really be the only concern. Being around losing doesn't do a player any harm. Adversity is good.

The Isles' blueline is calling out for Griffin. He's one of the more polished defenders to come out of juniors in recent years. His offense may not translate immediately, but he should be able to help them in their own zone right out of the gate. From what I've seen, most Isles fans are penciling him. Is that accurate?

Max scored at nearly a PPG clip for Abbotsford last year. Entering his third pro season, he would seem ready -- from what little I've seen of Abbotsford, he is. Is he projected to have a spot or will it be more of a battle with guys like Arnold over a single spot?



Is Team Reinhart ready to take the NHL by storm? Is the NHL ready for the Reinharts? Is there a long-lost Reinhart brother named Rock, Dragonsbane, Bloodwulf, or Conan? Discuss these important issues and more below.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
  #2
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,169
vCash: 500
I think so.

Samson will definitely start this year in Buffalo.

God knows NY needs defensive help, so there is room for Griffin.

And Max put up a solid year in Abbotsford, so if he continues to impress throughout training camp and preseason games, Calgary will likely give him a spot.

Pretty neat if you ask me.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:41 PM
  #3
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I think so.

Samson will definitely start this year in Buffalo.

God knows NY needs defensive help, so there is room for Griffin.

And Max put up a solid year in Abbotsford, so if he continues to impress throughout training camp and preseason games, Calgary will likely give him a spot.

Pretty neat if you ask me.
Yes, it'd be a very cool storyline. I hope it happens, but only if it's what's best for the players and teams. It seems likely to me, even though it requires three players on three distinct developmental paths all earning spots in the same season. Assuming Samson makes the Sabres, the other two should at least get a healthy chunk of the games even if they don't make their respective squads out of camp.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:42 PM
  #4
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
The Isles' blueline is calling out for Griffin. He's one of the more polished defenders to come out of juniors in recent years. His offense may not translate immediately, but he should be able to help them in their own zone right out of the gate. From what I've seen, most Isles fans are penciling him. Is that accurate?
I say 75% chance he makes it, the other 25% will be they send him down because they need the roster spot and he is the first call up on defense

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:44 PM
  #5
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
I like Max in Calgary's pool of prospects. Only issue is we do have guys like Arnold and Knight. Could be moved to a LW bottom checking role

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
  #6
Mikey 48
Still D.R.E.J.
 
Mikey 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
I'd say all of Samson, Maxwell and Griffin make their respective rosters.

Mikey 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:04 PM
  #7
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,158
vCash: 500
Big Griff is pretty much a lock. This would be a great storyline, props to you for picking up on that.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:04 PM
  #8
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 18,317
vCash: 500
going to be pretty cool seeing Griff and Sam play one another...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM
  #9
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
going to be pretty cool seeing Griff and Sam play one another...
December 27th is the first meeting.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:11 PM
  #10
nogger
ploffs?
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,481
vCash: 50
All 3 nominated for the calder would be quite the thing.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:13 PM
  #11
BloFan4Life
Registered User
 
BloFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
I would be surprised if the Sabres make the same mistake as Grigs.

BloFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:16 PM
  #12
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
I would be surprised if the Sabres make the same mistake as Grigs.
This is predicated on the rather outlandish assumption that they're comparable players at the same stage. IIRC, you have to go back way over a decade to find the last time the top forward taken in a draft went back to juniors. That doesn't count the lockout, of course. If Samson proves he's ready -- which Grigorenko didn't do -- then he should be on the team. He will prove he's ready.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:31 PM
  #13
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
I would be surprised if the Sabres make the same mistake as Grigs.
Two completely different players.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:33 PM
  #14
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
All 3 nominated for the calder would be quite the thing.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=24931

Quote:
To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league.
Max played 11 games in '12-'13 and 8 last year, so he shouldn't be eligible. This would still be his rookie season in my book, though.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 09:58 PM
  #15
Reinhart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Azores
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Max has a good chance to make the squad this year. He has come up in two seasons, and has looked better.

Still a bit too early to tell really. I am expecting the Flames to acquire a few players either through FA or on the trade front (they will be spending money to get above the floor), so it is really dependent on what happens there.

He is battling with Arnold, Knight, Hanowksi and perhaps a couple others for a 3rd line role. It is almost a guarantee he plays 'x' amount of games this season, and if I were a betting man, I am going to guess more than half if he doesn't make the team out of camp outright.

However, it does come down to who the Flames end up signing/trading for.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
  #16
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Samson seems likely to stick for us. He's NHL-ready, we're terrible. They might send him to juniors to just keep him out of the mire of the '14-'15 Sabres season, but I see no need for that. The environment isn't going to be toxic (wasn't last year after Nolan took over), which would really be the only concern. Being around losing doesn't do a player any harm. Adversity is good.

The Isles' blueline is calling out for Griffin. He's one of the more polished defenders to come out of juniors in recent years. His offense may not translate immediately, but he should be able to help them in their own zone right out of the gate. From what I've seen, most Isles fans are penciling him. Is that accurate?

Max scored at nearly a PPG clip for Abbotsford last year. Entering his third pro season, he would seem ready -- from what little I've seen of Abbotsford, he is. Is he projected to have a spot or will it be more of a battle with guys like Arnold over a single spot?



Is Team Reinhart ready to take the NHL by storm? Is the NHL ready for the Reinharts? Is there a long-lost Reinhart brother named Rock, Dragonsbane, Bloodwulf, or Conan? Discuss these important issues and more below.
solid post and good follow up questions!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 10:39 PM
  #17
seafoam
Pedestrian at Best
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 39,086
vCash: 50
The Isles' Brass thinks very highly of Griff.

Like SLAPSHOT said, he's basically a lock.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 10:54 PM
  #18
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
It seems then that Max is the least likely to make his team out of camp, which I suspected. He does seem likely to get a new career high in games, and probably get to at least 30 which I think at this point we would consider a rookie season, since he's not Calder eligible anymore. It'll be fun seeing how this all plays out.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:27 PM
  #19
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,543
vCash: 500
just came in here to compliment you on your pictures!

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 03:17 AM
  #20
Leto93
Registered User
 
Leto93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
I don't see Sam as being a complete lock for our roster just yet.

He will most certainly get his 9 games in, but then it'll come down to whether or not they believe he's ready to withstand the physicality of a full season. He's still not the biggest guy and he has some bulking to do this offseason. The Nolan/Murray regime will be very careful about his progression, especially with a season that's already virtually in the trash.

Leto93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
  #21
officialmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Stop calling him Samson. It's like the infatuation with calling PK Pernell Karl.

officialmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
  #22
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark View Post
Stop calling him Samson. It's like the infatuation with calling PK Pernell Karl.
That's cool and all, but the Sabres are listing him as Samson after he said in at least two interviews yesterday, when asked, that he prefers Samson. But everyone should just do what 'officialmark' says rather than what amuses them.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 05:50 PM
  #23
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark View Post
Stop calling him Samson. It's like the infatuation with calling PK Pernell Karl.
Except Samson is a way more bad ass name.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 06:02 PM
  #24
Izzy
Moderator
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,845
vCash: 50
Would be even more amazing if all 3 finished as the Calder finalists.

It for sure won't happen, but imagine...

__________________
Follow me on Twitter @BluesIn4
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 06:11 PM
  #25
tony d
Follow your Nose
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,674
vCash: 500
Yeah, I think they all will.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.