HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Liking the way things are going now.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Physical HABuse

vCash: 500
Liking the way things are going now.....

Well...Habs tied Ottawa tonight 1-1. It was a slow game for most of the night but the third apparently picked up. A few things I liked from this game.....and how things have gone recently. First of all....it looks like we are doing better defensively. The team is cutting down on shots (even outshooting other teams). Theodore is looking very sharp also. Given the team we have, I would prefer we be more defensively responsible than last year cuz it will keep us into more games and then who knows what can happen. Ryder scored again tonight......the kid's gotta stay with Montreal. He picked the top corner on a great wrist shot. He can snipe....and has 5 pts in 7 preseason games. They better not send him down to Hamilton cuz I think the kid is ready for the big leagues.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:43 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
A mod on the sens board said the habs used the trap very effectively tonight.
Trap! sigh

Old
10-04-2003, 07:49 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
So? if we win games i'm happy.
If I fall asleep during games, I won't get my Homework done

Old
10-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Physical HABuse

Well...that's it exactly. I think you have to use a system that helps you win based on the talent you have. Let me put it this way.....I would much rather gloat that the Habs beat the Leafs or the Habs beat the Bruins, playing the trap, then once again have to shut up when we lose to them. I just want this team to win.

Mike Komisarek asked my thoughts about some of the other players. So I will jot a few things down, just cuz I hate writing long pieces.

Mike Komisarek is a very good player. He still makes many mistakes and doesn't quite have that mean streak going. I still think he has come a long way in a very short period of time. Once he gets over this thing where he respects other NHL'ers cuz he looks up to them still as opposed to flattening them along the boards I think he will get to the next level. He'll get there....just still green and very respectful.

Higgins is another solid kid. He will be a very good hockey player. Has the Komi work ethic. He will be sent down to Hamilton this year though. This we could see cuz Julien was playing him on the 4th line and stuff in preseason.

Hainsey has lots of talent....wish he had a bit more work ethic. He will be good, but he won't be great.....and he will never bleed bleu, blanc et rouge.

Ward is a solid player. I was sold on him last year when he played with the Habs. I thought he had some scoring touch and he worked hard. He has to do the same, including going to the net most importantly. That's how he scores his goals and besides, Montreal doesn't have enough of those players. If he doesn't do this.....so much for the ground gained last year. He is likely a 3rd liner....maybe a 2nd.

Plekanec I like also. He has lots of skill, but I think he could still use more time down in Hamilton. It would be nice to see him take on more ice time and a bigger role down ther ebefore coming to the Habs. He will make it on the team though....or at least somewhere in the NHL.

These are my quick thoughts.

Closed Thread