Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[BUF/MTL] Gorges to Buffalo for 2016 2nd Round Pick (MIN)

07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Rabid Husky
vCash: 583
I love this just from an honesty stand point on Gorges part. Can't go to Toronto because he hates them after 7 years in Montreal. From a competator stand point that's fantastic. All heart guy who loves his team. Easy to root for a guy like that. Good luck in Buffalo Josh.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
vCash: 256
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I will miss Gorges for his work ethic and determination, but not for his on ice play.

I know a lot of Habs fans are upset he's gone but I feel his leadership qualities are overrated and on a good team this guy is a #5-#6. I also don't think he has 4 years of good hockey left in him, not the way he plays.

He will be missed in some ways, no doubt. But I certainly won't miss him giving the puck away, chasing it in his zone for minutes on end and killing every PP chance he was on the ice for... Though that last part isn't his fault, he never should have been on the PP to begin with. No pass, no vision, no shot. Any time he has the puck is a disaster.
Couldn't agree more. He was overrated by Habs fans. A good guy, but not a big deal losing him. Much prefer the pick than Franson. Thank you Josh for saying NO to the Leafs

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
07-03-2014, 03:30 PM
vCash: 500
It's always sad to see people demeaning a player as soon as he is traded or sign elsewhere.

Gorges was a good soldier for a number of years.

Not the greatest player, but one of the best trades of the Gainey era: Rivet and a 5th-rounder for Gorges and a 1st-rounder (used to pick Pacioretty)

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote