HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcus Foligno re-signs 2 yrs / $1.875M per

Old
07-02-2014, 01:16 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
5th on the team in even strength points per 60. He does certain things well offensively, but has massive consistency issues. Deslauriers didn't show anything more in terms of consistency, he merely had a good stretch. Remember Foligno's first stretch under the exact same circumstances? Ridiculous to try and judge Deslauriers as better than Foligno based on a few games. There's room for both on the roster.
Agree. All good points. Interesting how some view the same player in the exact opposite way. Not surprised, just interesting.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 03:33 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelee Phoenix View Post
Foligno isn't a good player. Doesn't provide enough offense, not a Buffalo beloved 'gritty, hardworking' guy I'd want in my bottom 6. I'd rather a guy like Deslauriers stay up here, at least you know he'll bring the effort.
good lord sample size much? Its a proven fact that power forwards like d-men often take more time to develop. Given what hes shown in 1 1/3 years sample size to give up on him now is an asset waste. Give the kid some legit players to play with, a reason to wanna win, and a solidified position and maybe he will show up. This kid needs new coaching period no reason to judge until he gets that. I have faith Nolan will make or break him regardless of fans 130 game sample size relegation of him as a meh player

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Jacob582

Tim Murray loves Foligno as a player and said he is someone he wants on this team moving forward. Glad TM is the one making the decision and not trying to rid him through trade.

Still young.

He'll show up in a big way when his shoulder has recovered and his GM says that it is ok to win.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

I still like Foligno on the team but he's got to initiate contact and go to the net MUCH more.

Last year he seemed to play more like Stafford (not hitting, not powering, not driving, not finishing).

I think the opportunity is there to succeed this year especially with Deslauriers signed. Those two can compete for a spot. Gives you assets to trade later as well.

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
B U F F A L O

The only knack Ive had on Foligno has been consistency issues. When hes on, hes a great player to watch; but many nights, especially last season, he seemed to be going through the motions too much.

I'm happy with the 2 years, the dollar amount doesnt bother me since we shouldnt be anywhere near the cap for the next 2 years.

Someone else said it best, hes got 2 years to prove it.

B U F F A L O is offline   Reply With Quote