HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impressions of Brookbank

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 03:47 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Impressions of Brookbank

Those of you at the game, please post impressions of Brookbank in particular, and others you saw....

Old
10-04-2003, 03:56 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
Those of you at the game, please post impressions of Brookbank in particular, and others you saw....
Big lumbering guy, not a bad player. Definitely not swift but will mix it up with anyone. Could be a good 3rd pairing Dman for us. Might make Schnabel an Admiral.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

granted, i could only listen to the game...but he SOUNDED like he was making the smart plays. who knows...we might have schnabel AND brookbank, if kloucek's knee injury is bad.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

2 assists not bad....whats this i hear of Klouceks knee???

Old
10-04-2003, 05:24 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
2 assists not bad....whats this i hear of Klouceks knee???
Kloucek went into the boards awkward and skated away gingerly. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they kept him out for precautionary reasons.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hipcheck and I both focused on Brookbank, Schnabel and Zidlicky, all of them are good. Nomo, Schnabel is a little slow but not too bad, neither is Brookbank, and both are freaking huge and lay the hits, I'd take those three over Houlder, Hulse or Delmore any day of the week. Zidlicky has a great slapshot. Kloucek is faster than I thought he would be, he can actually skate really well for a big guy. All in all we looked so much better. Tootoo brings soo much excitement to this team. He's fun to watch.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:07 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Hipcheck and I both focused on Brookbank, Schnabel and Zidlicky, all of them are good. Nomo, Schnabel is a little slow but not too bad, neither is Brookbank, and both are freaking huge and lay the hits, I'd take those three over Houlder, Hulse or Delmore any day of the week. Zidlicky has a great slapshot. Kloucek is faster than I thought he would be, he can actually skate really well for a big guy. All in all we looked so much better. Tootoo brings soo much excitement to this team. He's fun to watch.
Ditto Trigg. While those Big guys don't have blazing speed, they are average for Defensive D-men.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:29 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I thought Brookbank did well. Definitely huge and stands up for the guys. He was getting into a fight, well shoving match, and the puck was just left there on the ice when AJ ripped the puck for a goal. I like him.

And ya know, I thought Legwand looked good out there. He was all over the ice. Great goal. He even punched Pronger! I thought he might have gotten hurt as he seemed to be limping a little after he fell/was knocked down, but I guess he skated it off.

I don't care what anyone else says, those of us who have actually seen our defense will know....so far, the overhaul is working. We held St.Louis to 4 shots in the first, 6/7 in the second, 9/10 in the third. I think that's pretty darn good for it being one of the first times we were basically playing what could be our opening night roster. Definite improvement.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
I don't care what anyone else says, those of us who have actually seen our defense will know....so far, the overhaul is working. We held St.Louis to 4 shots in the first, 6/7 in the second, 9/10 in the third. I think that's pretty darn good for it being one of the first times we were basically playing what could be our opening night roster. Definite improvement.
Its also better that not only do they not have experience, but the defense has changed so much just over preseason...

Old
10-05-2003, 03:25 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Pretty much agree with everyone else's comments here Borookbank looked good. Big guy, was really clearing out the crease and made some nifty plays.

Trig mentioned Zidlicky's slap shot, repeat after me, Andy who?
It was wicked and quick! You could see his stick bend.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:41 AM
BluesConvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Kloucek went into the boards awkward and skated away gingerly. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they kept him out for precautionary reasons.
Smokey, I'll bet ya a pregame beer Kloucek's out for a MINIMUM of 20 games or more.

I sure HOPE I wind up owing you a beer...I just doubt it.

/bc

Closed Thread