HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Can Daigle replace Gaborik ?

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Transplanted Caper

vCash: 500
No, Daigle wont come close to the production of Gaborik. Well as far as points go i think that if he playd all 82 games, that Daigle will score around 10 goals, and maybe 15-20 assists.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Snakeeye

1 goal, 3 assists, 10 games, and released.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

No.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Randall Graves*

There has to come a point and time where Daigle needs to realize he's running out of chances...we all know the potential for a tremendous offensive player is there...but is the passion?If he plays with a little heart he could have a good year. and factor in he's playing on a team with Lemaires as his coach and you could see him have a good year.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:16 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
There has to come a point and time where Daigle needs to realize he's running out of chances...we all know the potential for a tremendous offensive player is there...but is the passion?If he plays with a little heart he could have a good year. and factor in he's playing on a team with Lemaires as his coach and you could see him have a good year.
Absolutely, he is runng out of time to put the tools in the tool box.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Completley agreed. Alex is going to need a complete overhaul in his defensive game to survive under Jacque. 100% dedication and passion could bring out his true offensive ability. Anything less = NHL exit...man he'll be on a short leash...hope he works out though, the Wild could definitely use his offense.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
This is exactly why I believe it could work. Daigle wasn't known to be reliable and someone who loved hockey and wanted to work hard to be competitive. Why would he sign with the team that best exemplifies those qualities if he had not changed ? But more importantly why would the wild offer him a contract after training camp ? Whatever motivations Daigle has he has no choice but to do exactly what Lemaire tells him to do and leave it all out on the ice trying or he'll be playing in Houston. And if he does that I can't see why he couldn't have a Dupuis-like season.

If Daigle had signed with any other team than the wild I wouldn't even have thought it possible that he could play in the NHL again. But seeing him sign with the wild, I can't believe Daigle would have done that if he had not been serious this time around.

I held no illusions that the Daigle experiment wouldn't succeed last season with the pens. But this year I'm not so sure.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Other Dave

As long as Daigle can score 4 goals in the first third of the season, he'll be an adequate replacement. That's how many Gaborik scored in the last third of 02-03, and the Wild went 17-12-3 during that span.

Other Dave

Old
10-06-2003, 05:35 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
It comes down to this. When Lemaire lights a fire under Daigle's ass does Daigle work harder or simply go up in smoke. So far he has simply been a quitter, a talented quitter, but a quitter non the less.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:27 AM
abalog

I hate to admit it now but I had a Daigle Senators Jersey when I was a kid. I thought he was going to be great.
I still think he can be good. He has the talent, not the discipline. I think if he is going to succed than now is the time. My prediction is:

15g,25a=40pts for a full season.

Old
10-06-2003, 09:41 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I know I am going to get laughed at her, but honestly, there will be no inbetween for Daigle. He will either work hard or Lemaire will let him go. If he works hard then he has the talent for 60 points easily. People forget how dominate he was right before coming into the NHL. With some effort he can still be a major contributor.
So prediction goes like this..

20 GP 6 points (1 goal 5 assist) and is bought out

OR

74 GP 62points (29 goals 33 assists)

And honestly, know Lemaire, he will turn him around and turn him into the player he always should have been..

And this is from an Oilers fan that doesn't want the Wild to do well as it will be harder for my team...

Old
10-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
He has enormous shoes to fill. But he was a former first round pick overall. Daigle obviously had talent so it's one case of a player having no desire at the time he was supposed to have plenty. If you add desire and passion to this talent can you see Daigle perform well with the wild ? But more importantly can a team that has the uncanny ability to resurect careers make a performer out of Daigle ? It seems like he had a pretty good pre-season. He has a 2-way deal with next year being an option for the wild. So if it's for the money ... he has to play well and play with desire if he wants the wild to sign his option year... or even keep him up for this year. Last season was Daigle's comeback year after a long leave. It was obvious he'd not succeed with Pittsburgh. One year later ... with a new team ... with renewed desire (?) or fear for his future (?) ..

how many points do you think Daigle can get next season ? Or for the non-believers how many games ?
Does coal replace diamonds?

Old
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
If the diamond and topaz are held in hostage by a crazy agent than you don't have much choice.

Old
10-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Why would he sign with the team that best exemplifies those qualities if he had not changed ?
Maybe because no one else offered him a contract.. However, wouldn't it be hilarious if Daigle and Bonsignore had absolutely massive seasons? It would be great to see GM's scrambling to obtain guys like Volchkov, Kelly and Falloon heh

Old
10-07-2003, 02:00 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Maybe because no one else offered him a contract.. However, wouldn't it be hilarious if Daigle and Bonsignore had absolutely massive seasons? It would be great to see GM's scrambling to obtain guys like Volchkov, Kelly and Falloon heh
Whats with Bonsignore?

Old
10-07-2003, 04:17 AM
Flames 1st pick

Can Clarke Wilm replace Sergei Fedorov

Old
10-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:

No, but coal, or carbon, can become diamonds when subject to the proper heat and pressure.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Whats with Bonsignore?
I thought he was trying out with a team this season..

Old
10-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
With enough pressure you can make a diamond out of coal.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

hearing Daigle talk, even now, he still lacks the passion necessary to excel in this league. He's taking a "Well I'm still young, why not give it a try?" approach. Even Lemaire can't turn a disinterested prima-donna into a good player.

Old
10-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Youreallygotme

he cant replace gaborik, let alone gaborik ronning and dupuis. this team is in trouble.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:26 PM
braino

can cats bark?

Can cats bark?

Quote:
He has enormous shoes to fill. But he was a former first round pick overall. Daigle obviously had talent so it's one case of a player having no desire at the time he was supposed to have plenty. If you add desire and passion to this talent can you see Daigle perform well with the wild ? But more importantly can a team that has the uncanny ability to resurect careers make a performer out of Daigle ? It seems like he had a pretty good pre-season. He has a 2-way deal with next year being an option for the wild. So if it's for the money ... he has to play well and play with desire if he wants the wild to sign his option year... or even keep him up for this year. Last season was Daigle's comeback year after a long leave. It was obvious he'd not succeed with Pittsburgh. One year later ... with a new team ... with renewed desire (?) or fear for his future (?) ..

how many points do you think Daigle can get next season ? Or for the non-believers how many games ?

Old
10-08-2003, 09:31 AM
The_Wiz

Can Mighty Mouse beat up Superman ?

Old
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
No, but coal, or carbon, can become diamonds when subject to the proper heat and pressure.
So if we apply the proper heat and pressure to Daigle, ....

Nah, forget it.

10-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Habsolution

Can people look beyond the title, read the thing, give it a thought and give an answer that doesn't start with the word "can" ?

Bah anyway I don't care ...

Closed Thread