HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part III: Picking up the pieces

Old
07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Beezeral

vCash: 500
If this team goes out and acquires a 1st line winger and a top 4 defenseman, this whole offseason looks different. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Effe

vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Looks like you guys just signed Blake Parlett.
I would have prefered Blake Lively, but guess its for SA.

Effe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
If this team goes out and acquires a 1st line winger and a top 4 defenseman, this whole offseason looks different. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen
I want it to be this guy. Don't know what the trade would have to look like though...

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Effe

Quote:
Im sure we could get someone like Oduya for a 3rd round pick. So a top 4 blueliner wont be hard to get, but a first line winger will be way harder.

Old
07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
TheCupNeedsATan

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
So what to do next? Here is what i want to do and if we somehow can manage that then i cant see how we could fail to make it to the playoff.

Team
Luongo
Montoya

Campbell - XXX
Gudbranson - Kulikov
Ekblad - Mitchell
Olsen

Huberdeau - Barkov - XXX
Jokinen - Bolland - Fleichman
Pirri - Bjugstad - Boyes
Upshall - MacKenzie - Bergenheim
Thornton

In AHL
Hayes, Trocheck, Shore, Petro, Ellis

Possible vet trade ship (atleast two, preferably three should be traded)
Kopy, Bergenheim, Flash, Upshall

Possible prospect tradeship
Trocheck, Shore, Petro

What we need
a #2, #3 or #4 blueliner
a top 6 scoringing winger.
Fleischmann has never done well on the right. Jokinen is here to play with barkov so he will likely be switched with Huberdeau. Your wingers on the 4th line are backwards and I doubt Hayes would make it through waivers to get to the AHL.

Jokinen-Barkov-Pirri
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Upshall
Fleischmann-Bolland-Boyes
Bergenheim-MacKenzie-Thornton
Hayes

Unless there is a trade

Last edited by TheCupNeedsATan: 07-02-2014 at 12:10 PM.
TheCupNeedsATan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Effe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCupNeedsATan View Post
Fleischmann has never done well on the right. Jokinen is here to play with barkov so he will likely be switched with Huberdeau. Your wingers on the 4th line are backwards and I doubt Hayes would make it through waivers to get to the AHL.
Never really cared about LW or RW. But yeah i think JJ will play with barkov but i think he would be more suited for a 2nd line role. Good point about Hayes, but i guess he will end up in NHL as soon as we have traded some of our wings.

Old
07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockett1096 View Post
I personally can't wait for the all "winner" line we will put out with Thornton, Bolland and Kopecky that will strike fear upor our opponents with there cups in tow and they will show the way to Huberdeau, Barkov and Bjugstad.

Yes these guys will show our youngsters the "right" way to play and I have no doubt next year in FA we will go after more winners and maybe even lead the league with the most Stanley cup winners on a team and with there combined knowledge, turn our young stars into super humans and we will set records for most points in a season and dominate the league for years to come.
My point isn't that these guys are going to come in and win it all. They are character guys and mentors for the kids. Now Tallon can make some moves to acquire, hopefully, first line talent.

Even if its just one guy. Just one top 6 forward or top 2 defender. That's all I'm asking.

Big Bjugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
spacemanatee
TeamSESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
So what to do next? Here is what i want to do and if we somehow can manage that then i cant see how we could fail to make it to the playoff.

Team
Luongo
Montoya

Campbell - XXX
Gudbranson - Kulikov
Ekblad - Mitchell
Olsen

Huberdeau - Barkov - XXX
Jokinen - Bolland - Fleichman
Pirri - Bjugstad - Boyes
Upshall - MacKenzie - Bergenheim
Thornton

In AHL
Hayes, Trocheck, Shore, Petro, Ellis

Possible vet trade ship (atleast two, preferably three should be traded)
Kopy, Bergenheim, Flash, Upshall

Possible prospect tradeship
Trocheck, Shore, Petro

What we need
a #2, #3 or #4 blueliner
a top 6 scoringing winger.
i really really hope that first liner will be a true first liner (at least for us, probably 2nd line on a contending team). not a superstar of course cuz we can't get none, but a star. a guy who's one step above vrbata, kulemin and all of those guys. idk, but a legit scorer.

spacemanatee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:17 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

vCash: 50
People are too hard on Flash for one bad year. The whole team was awful last year and it should be reasonable to expect him at 20+30 if he stays healthy. He's not someone that should be dumped for nothing.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:17 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
If we trade two forwards - Kopecky/flash/upshall

Would picking up Setoguchi be a good reclamation project? 1 y 1mil?

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bjugs View Post
My point isn't that these guys are going to come in and win it all. They are character guys and mentors for the kids. Now Tallon can make some moves to acquire, hopefully, first line talent.

Even if its just one guy. Just one top 6 forward or top 2 defender. That's all I'm asking.
you need more then a guy who can mentor the young guys. you need players who can carry the burden of producing and allow the younger players to grow without having it hanging over their heads that if they don't score goals, the team has no chance that night.

Old
07-02-2014, 12:20 PM
spacemanatee
TeamSESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
People are too hard on Flash for one bad year. The whole team was awful last year and it should be reasonable to expect him at 20+30 if he stays healthy. He's not someone that should be dumped for nothing.
if that was bjugstad when he was playing awful, i don't think anyone will be able to cope when he's playing good

Old
07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
klabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
If we trade two forwards - Kopecky/flash/upshall

Would picking up Setoguchi be a good reclamation project? 1 y 1mil?
Flash is better than him and it's not even close.

klabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanatee View Post
if that was bjugstad when he was playing awful, i don't think anyone will be able to cope when he's playing good
Okay maybe not the whole team lol, but c'mon we set the modern record for lowest point total with our highest scorer Flash has been consistent when healthy, I'm reasonably confident he'll return to form.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabob View Post
Flash is better than him and it's not even close.
Humm.. figured I give it a shot..

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
BureCT22

Quote:

Jokinen-Barkov-Pirri
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Upshall
Fleischmann-Bolland-Boyes
Bergenheim-MacKenzie-Thornton
Hayes

Unless there is a trade
Pirri top line winger? man I don't understand how hard it is to bring in a top line winger. This isn't rocket science, it's been a position of need the moment Pavel Bure was traded. I just don't understand it. They obviously can't draft one, make a trade, do something Tallon. This is getting ridiculous.....

BureCT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
TheCupNeedsATan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BureCT22 View Post
Pirri top line winger? man I don't understand how hard it is to bring in a top line winger. This isn't rocket science, it's been a position of need the moment Pavel Bure was traded. I just don't understand it. They obviously can't draft one, make a trade, do something Tallon. This is getting ridiculous.....
Im not looking at it as "top line" more so as 3 scoring lines and and an energy line. I think Pirri could put up quite a few goals with a solid playmaker like barkov on his line and I feel like he would fit better with barkov and jokinen than upshall or boyes would. As far as trading for a real top line winger it takes 2 to tango and if we have to gut our team to get one then what is the point?

Old
07-02-2014, 12:57 PM
IM Clutcm
Worms

Quote:
Im not looking at it as "top line" more so as 3 scoring lines and and an energy line. I think Pirri could put up quite a few goals with a solid playmaker like barkov on his line and I feel like he would fit better with barkov and jokinen than upshall or boyes would. As far as trading for a real top line winger it takes 2 to tango and if we have to gut our team to get one then what is the point?
I'd prefer to see Pirri with Bjugstad and Huberdeau, as I think Pirri played really well with Bjugstad and both of them can put the puck in the net, which would help out Huberdeau quite a bit. For the top line guy, I'd love to see some calls made to Chicago and Boston to see if they can swing a deal for a guy like Sharp or Eriksson. Seeing as those teams are in cap Hell, maybe we can get two of those guys for less than they're worth.

IM Clutcm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
TheCupNeedsATan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
I'd prefer to see Pirri with Bjugstad and Huberdeau, as I think Pirri played really well with Bjugstad and both of them can put the puck in the net, which would help out Huberdeau quite a bit. For the top line guy, I'd love to see some calls made to Chicago and Boston to see if they can swing a deal for a guy like Sharp or Eriksson. Seeing as those teams are in cap Hell, maybe we can get two of those guys for less than they're worth.
I'd rather see a play maker like Huberdeau with Bjugstad and having hubs-bjugs-pirri on a line together scares me due to their lack of experience. Another scenario we could try is

Jokinen Barkov Upshall
Flash Bjugs Pirri
Hubs Bolland boyes

That would allow each line a passer a scorer and a 2 way/energy player.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:19 PM
klabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BureCT22 View Post
man I don't understand how hard it is to bring in a top line winger.
You probably don't since you seem to imply it's not hard.

klabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:25 PM
IM Clutcm
Worms

Quote:
I'd rather see a play maker like Huberdeau with Bjugstad and having hubs-bjugs-pirri on a line together scares me due to their lack of experience. Another scenario we could try is

Jokinen Barkov Upshall
Flash Bjugs Pirri
Hubs Bolland boyes

That would allow each line a passer a scorer and a 2 way/energy player.
Having Upshall on the first line scares me. He's a good energy guy but I'd rather see him next to Bolland because that line would be a pain to play against. Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Pirri is definitely young, but I think that's a line that could work. I think Huberdeau needs to play with guys who can score, and putting him next to Bolland doesn't do that. He's not a generational talent like Crosby that can make anyone a 30 goal scorer, but he can definitely make plays when surrounded with good talent.

IM Clutcm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
TheCupNeedsATan

**** it. Sign kevin hayes and just go by nationality

Jokinen barkov bergenhiem
Huberdeau Pirri boyes
Hayes Bjugstad hayes
Upshall bolland thornton

That bottom 6 would be huge.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
spacemanatee
TeamSESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Okay maybe not the whole team lol, but c'mon we set the modern record for lowest point total with our highest scorer Flash has been consistent when healthy, I'm reasonably confident he'll return to form.
haha yeah thats an awesome record

Old
07-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam

vCash: 157
Quote:
you need more then a guy who can mentor the young guys. you need players who can carry the burden of producing and allow the younger players to grow without having it hanging over their heads that if they don't score goals, the team has no chance that night.
Thats why I hope Tallon trades for those guys. I know we can't get anywhere with the roster we currently have.

It is a long off season and I'm confident DT will get the job done. If DT doesn't, dare I say, or else...

Big Bjugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bjugs View Post
Thats why I hope Tallon trades for those guys. I know we can't get anywhere with the roster we currently have.

It is a long off season and I'm confident DT will get the job done. If DT doesn't, dare I say, or else...
Problem is that the "big" moves are usually made during the draft or the first 48 hours of FA. Well the clock is ticking and there isn't even a whiff of a potential deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the last two signings by this team are similar 1 year 1 million deals that boyes and Gilbert signed hoping they can get lucky on someone who is on their last chance.

Yea I know I've been a Debbie downer the past 24 hours, but I've been kicked in the ribs too many times by this team.