HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olli Jokinen 1yr 2.5M

Old
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Armourboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I missed seeing that so much lol

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:32 PM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDEADLY View Post
He put up 43 points last year. 2.5 for 43 points for 1 year isn't bad my friend, once again we will be a better destination next year after FA's see the team. We arent done.
He is not by any means a bad player. Not bringer of the rain though, still I were kinda surprised many saying "yuck".

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Pls let's see what we do the rest of the day before we jump to conclusions. But on that note when do we as fans start having the right to veto stupid signings with our money they are spending
well, you certainly have the right to not buy tickets, but I would hardly call it "your" money that they are spending.... with revenue sharing, its actually more like Toronto and New Yorks money they are spending (which makes me smile every time I think about it )

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CMDEADLY

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
We still need a defenseman, and I wouldnt mind if we picked up another forward, but I suspect we are done shopping at Center.

btw welcome to the board!
Appreciate it, just wish fans weren't doom and gloom all the time here. I agree with you, Jokinen will be our number 3 center, I see them putting Cullen on the wing and Jarnkrok and Fisher playing the top 6 center roles this may not be a terrible move.

CMDEADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:34 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
All I can say is I'd rather Poile sign Legwand back over this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Kind of my thought, and I've never been a Legwand fan.
Legwand is going to want term, or I would agree with you.. plus it would just be awkward...

Old
07-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Privy
#ShutUpStu

Well... it's something. I'm not sure what, but it's something.

Privy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:35 PM
NoNecksCurse

wouldn't mind if we picked up another forward? poile has stated for a while we need 2 more top 6 forwards. we took away hornqvist an added Neal. we still need 2 more according to DP and jokinen is a joke. I'd rather stick with the kids. this is a ****ing joke just like every year and everyone knows it. we have zero shot in our division and we all know it. these signings do nothing but save us from a lottery pick we so desperately need.

now everyone proceed to get on my ass because I'm irrational and so ignorant in my thinking. how dare someone call out this **** show of an organization that happens every summer. from Suter to weber to the string of joke signings last summer to jokinen being our big addition up the middle. I have absolutely zero hopes for this team. please poile just retire

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDEADLY View Post
Appreciate it, just wish fans weren't doom and gloom all the time here. I agree with you, Jokinen will be our number 3 center, I see them putting Cullen on the wing and Jarnkrok and Fisher playing the top 6 center roles this may not be a terrible move.
I dont think Jarnkrok centers a top line right off the bat. Wilson is going to get a shot at center, whether he sticks or not is another matter.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I dont think Jarnkrok centers a top line right off the bat. Wilson is going to get a shot at center, whether he sticks or not is another matter.
Wasn't he centering the #2 line at the end of last season?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
wouldn't mind if we picked up another forward? poile has stated for a while we need 2 more top 6 forwards. we took away hornqvist an added Neal. we still need 2 more according to DP and jokinen is a joke. I'd rather stick with the kids. this is a ****ing joke just like every year and everyone knows it. we have zero shot in our division and we all know it. these signings do nothing but save us from a lottery pick we so desperately need.

now everyone proceed to get on my ass because I'm irrational and so ignorant in my thinking. how dare someone call out this **** show of an organization that happens every summer. from Suter to weber to the string of joke signings last summer to jokinen being our big addition up the middle. I have absolutely zero hopes for this team. please poile just retire

I might say you need to simmer down but thats about it

I really can't disagree with you tbh.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Legwand is going to want term, or I would agree with you.. plus it would just be awkward...
Pretty sure Olli is more awkward than anything ever.

Jesus. Hockey-playing. Christ.

#divenformcdavid

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:

Just wait and see what people are saying come December with our 1st line center has about 8 points. Our 36-year old first line center.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:

no offense but what is keeping you going as a fan? If I was as despondent as you sound I'd not renew my tix, log off the boards, and come back next summer and see what has transpired...

Irrational optimism is enedmic in sports fans... hell Im sure there are Cubs fans who every February think, "OK this is finally gonna be the year!" Even if you know you are bullcrapping yourself you gotta at least try to believe..

Old
Predarat

Glad this wasn't yesterday before the world cup game, the ****ing waffle jokes would have gotten wayyyy out of hand.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CMDEADLY

vCash: 728
Quote:
Then I would say Jokinen is an insurance policy in case things don't work out with Wilson, putting things in perspective helps or, this could be leading to, what I think would be the best pick up for this team. TANK FOR MCDAVID/EICHEL : D

CMDEADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:
Meh I'd MUCH rather see the Hook put with Neal and Smith over this relic. Why not?

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Just wait and see what people are saying come December with our 1st line center has about 8 points. Our 36-year old first line center.
I literally laughed my ass off

Old
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Wasn't he centering the #2 line at the end of last season?
Yup

Its just a matter of whether or not he can hold up, and keep doing the same things that he did. Really the center thing and who is where will all come down to the coach and who he thinks works best.

I think outside of one or two guys ( probably Gaustad) there is no guarantee where anyone will be and who they will be playing with

Old
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Predarat

They should find that old man Detroit Red Wings video they used to play on the Tron, photoshop some gold Preds jerseys on them, kablam, there are your centers!

Old
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
no offense but what is keeping you going as a fan? If I was as despondent as you sound I'd not renew my tix, log off the boards, and come back next summer and see what has transpired...

Irrational optimism is enedmic in sports fans... hell Im sure there are Cubs fans who every February think, "OK this is finally gonna be the year!" Even if you know you are bullcrapping yourself you gotta at least try to believe..
cause this is my team and my home. I'll always pull for the gold.

But this is ********. every pred fan I know was optimistic listening to poile this summer and this is what we get. this is complete ********. can't wait to hear poile talk up this signing like its 2006

Old
07-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

This doesn't help our center situation at all… he isn't an upgrade… for anyone! We just got a moveable asset at the trade deadline… cause we will be at the bottom of the central come the TDL unless we have some serious voodoo injury magic to Chicago, Dallas, and Colorado. I am disgusted by this move.

Now get your ass out there Poile and get Vrbata and a D man. That is the absolute least you can do with what's left on the chicken bones.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
cause this is my team and my home. I'll always pull for the gold.

But this is ********. every pred fan I know was optimistic listening to poile this summer and this is what we get. this is complete ********. can't wait to hear poile talk up this signing like its 2006
I'll be honest, I didn't get my hopes up until the Neal trade, at which point I thought we might actually be seeing something different. Looks like he may have used up all his mojo on that one trade.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Predarat

Just gotta hope this is because the Preds are sending a Center to Philly in the Lecavalier trade. Please not Smith though.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
Just gotta hope this is because the Preds are sending a Center to Philly in the Lecavalier trade. Please not Smith though.
VLC isn't worth a turd either

Old
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
AEM6729

I feel confused.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote