HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is going to be on Sundin's wings?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
  #1
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Who is going to be on Sundin's wings?

Just curious...supposably O'Neil will play with Allison on the second line. And I read an article today that Czerkawski will be on the second line as well. So...who does Sundin play with? Lindros is filling in as our third line center. Do they expect Steen to play upfront? Tucker? It's all so confusing...I mean, I'd love to see Steen getting the icetime upfron, I'm sure he and Sundin would click together (just a hunch) This is how I see it...

Steen/Sundin/????(Stajan)
Czerkawski/Allison/O'Neill
Tucker(Stajan)/Lindros/Ponikarovsky
Kilger(Tucker)/Wilm/Domi

So in that scenario, Antropov is the odd man out. JFJ must be shopping him around. And than you have Keane getting a tryout contract. Where are all the players suppose to fit in? We didn't even mention Perrott or Wellwood? Anyone know anything I don't? Please fill me in. Thanks

Cheers

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM
  #2
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Just curious...supposably O'Neil will play with Allison on the second line. And I read an article today that Czerkawski will be on the second line as well. So...who does Sundin play with? Lindros is filling in as our third line center. Do they expect Steen to play upfront? Tucker? It's all so confusing...I mean, I'd love to see Steen getting the icetime upfron, I'm sure he and Sundin would click together (just a hunch) This is how I see it...

Steen/Sundin/Czerkawski
Stajan/Allison/O'Neill
Tucker/Lindros/Ponikarovsky
Kilger/Wilm/Domi

So in that scenario, Antropov is the odd man out. JFJ must be shopping him around. And than you have Keane getting a tryout contract. Where are all the players suppose to fit in? We didn't even mention Perrott or Wellwood? Anyone know anything I don't? Please fill me in. Thanks

Cheers
Well I don't understand why you feel Ferguson is shopping Antropov just because you didn't include him in your lineup.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
  #3
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Well I don't understand why you feel Ferguson is shopping Antropov just because you didn't include him in your lineup.

Well that's obviously not why I came to that conclusion. But his name has been bounced around recently in the Zetterberg and Witt rumors.

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
  #4
BuppY
Registered User
 
BuppY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
If we get Mariusz Czerkawski, than I think he'll be playing on Sundin's right wing while Tucker plays on the left side.

BuppY is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
  #5
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H N I C
If we get Mariusz Czerkawski, than I think he'll be playing on Sundin's right wing while Tucker plays on the left side.


can you tell me what the rest of the lines would look like in your opinion...thanks

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
  #6
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 500
What article did u read saying Chow would also be on the second line?

Pinto is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
  #7
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,418
vCash: 500
I think Sundin's wingers will be Antropov and Czerkawski. Tucker needs to play with Lindros. And O'Neill with Allison.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
  #8
BuppY
Registered User
 
BuppY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
can you tell me what the rest of the lines would look like in your opinion...thanks
sure.

Tucker Sundin Czerkawski
Stajan Allison O'neil
Ponikarovsky Lindros Antropov
Kilger Wilm Domi

I think Kukemberg can find his way in the lineup depending on how his training came goes.

BuppY is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
  #9
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,163
vCash: 500
steen is a third liner in the sel. there's no way he's playing on the top line in the nhl.

Frankie is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
  #10
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
steen is a third liner in the sel. there's no way he's playing on the top line in the nhl.

He was thrid liner because he stuck beside all the NHL scabs. Just look at all the players that came over. His team was a freakin' allstar team, with the likes of Forsberg, and the Sedin twins and I can't recall all the others right now.

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
  #11
Riddarn
1980-2011
 
Riddarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
He was thrid liner because he stuck beside all the NHL scabs. Just look at all the players that came over. His team was a freakin' allstar team, with the likes of Forsberg, and the Sedin twins and I can't recall all the others right now.
Markus Näslund, Dan Hinote, Mattias Weinhandl too. Also Per Svartvadet & Andreas Salomonsson who were top line SEL players and national team players, both with NHL merits under their belt. So the competition was pretty tough. Too bad Kent Forsberg couldn't make them play like a team. A regular year, Steen had been a 1st or 2nd line player (most likely in charge of the 2nd line center position).

Riddarn is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:41 PM
  #12
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto.
What article did u read saying Chow would also be on the second line?
I'll try and find it......

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
  #13
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
antropov-sundin-czerkawski
stajan-allison-oneill
poni-lindros-tucker
kilger-kukumberg-domi

SpeakerForTheDead is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
  #14
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto.
What article did u read saying Chow would also be on the second line?

Here ya go...

**The Leafs are expected to officially announce the signing of unrestricted free agent winger Marius Czerkawsk as early as today. Most speculate the deal is in the $500,000/ yr range. Look for him to end up as the Leafs second line right winger although on most nights you won’t be able to tell which is the first, second or third line the way Pat Quinn rolls lines.


It was on the mojo radio website, my bad. Here is the link....

http://www.mojoradio.com/station/lea....cfm?rem=18708

You know...if you read on to the next paragraph it has Quinn saying that Czerkawski will play on Sundin's wing...weird?

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:48 PM
  #15
Lowball Norm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Tucker-Sundin-Czerkawski
Antropov-Allison-O'Neill
Stajan-Lindros-Ponikarovsky

4th line will be Domi paired with some combination of Wilm, Kilger or even Belak.

Lowball Norm is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:53 PM
  #16
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H N I C
sure.

Tucker Sundin Czerkawski
Stajan Allison O'neil
Ponikarovsky Lindros Antropov
Kilger Wilm Domi

I think Kukemberg can find his way in the lineup depending on how his training came goes.
What he said, word for word.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:53 PM
  #17
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Here ya go...

**The Leafs are expected to officially announce the signing of unrestricted free agent winger Marius Czerkawsk as early as today. Most speculate the deal is in the $500,000/ yr range. Look for him to end up as the Leafs second line right winger although on most nights you won’t be able to tell which is the first, second or third line the way Pat Quinn rolls lines.


It was on the mojo radio website, my bad. Here is the link....

http://www.mojoradio.com/station/lea....cfm?rem=18708

You know...if you read on to the next paragraph it has Quinn saying that Czerkawski will play on Sundin's wing...weird?
Thanks Vedder, I believed you, but I just wanted to read it

Pinto is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:53 PM
  #18
MLSE
Registered User
 
MLSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,137
vCash: 500
Antropov Sundin Czerkawski
Ponikarovsky Allison O'neill
Tucker Wellwood Lindros (Either can play center between Lindros and Wellwood)
Kilger Stajan Domi

MLSE is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 02:56 PM
  #19
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml4life
Antropov Sundin Czerkawski
Ponikarovsky Allison O'neill
Tucker Wellwood Lindros (Either can play center between Lindros and Wellwood)
Kilger Stajan Domi
Why would Wellwood be getting more minutes than Stajan?

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
  #20
VanW27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: halifax,n.s.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball Norm
Tucker-Sundin-Czerkawski
Antropov-Allison-O'Neill
Stajan-Lindros-Ponikarovsky

4th line will be Domi paired with some combination of Wilm, Kilger or even Belak.
I doubt you will see Antropov and Allison on the same line as both are not, as they say fleet of foot

VanW27 is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:01 PM
  #21
BringGilmourBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
I just wish that players like Steen and Wellwood would be able to get some good quality icetime.I'd like to see them with some talented players and not just thrown on to our 4th line with other players that have no talent. (hope that made sense)

BringGilmourBack is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
  #22
It Kills Me
Registered User
 
It Kills Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I think Sundin's wingers will be Antropov and Czerkawski. Tucker needs to play with Lindros. And O'Neill with Allison.
Agree 100%.. Each line could be the 2nd/1st on almost any team.

Antropov - Sunday - Czerkawski
Stajan - Allison - O'Neill
Tucker - Lindros - Ponikarovsky

It Kills Me is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
  #23
Remax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Tucker Sundin Czerkawski
Stajan Allison O'neil
Ponikarovsky Lindros Antropov
Kilger/Wilm/Domi/Belak/Perrot/Wellwood/Steen/Kuk

I doubt Quinn will do it but I'd like to see these lines for the 1st month or so. Rotating all of those guys on the 4th line. Have 3 guys play together for 4-5 games and then switch, and depending on how they do after 1 or 2 months then he can make a decision.
But I do think the 1st 3 lines will look like that.

Tucker Sundin Czerkawski - Lots of offensive poetntial along with grit provided by Tucker and Sundin and solid defense also provided by Tucker and Sundin, with Czerkawski as the breakout/stretch pass man.

Stajan Allison O'Neill - Good mix of offensive talent and defensive talent with all three of them along with two good mentors for Stajan and a great setup guy in Allison for Stajan. O'Neill will provide the grit and work the puck out of the corners for the other two

Poni Lindros Antro - BIG!!!! These guys will be really tough to knock off the puck when they get rolling and with all of them being able to put the puck in the net and Lindros and Antro being able to throw the bodies around it should be a punishing line that scares most dmen into playing TOO defensively.

Remax is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:20 PM
  #24
psod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 905
Country: Canada
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Here ya go...

**The Leafs are expected to officially announce the signing of unrestricted free agent winger Marius Czerkawsk as early as today. Most speculate the deal is in the $500,000/ yr range. Look for him to end up as the Leafs second line right winger although on most nights you won’t be able to tell which is the first, second or third line the way Pat Quinn rolls lines.


It was on the mojo radio website, my bad. Here is the link....

http://www.mojoradio.com/station/lea....cfm?rem=18708

You know...if you read on to the next paragraph it has Quinn saying that Czerkawski will play on Sundin's wing...weird?
hmmm ..... czerkawski is on the second line and he's on Sundin's wing???

Clearly Quinn plans to have Sundin centre the second line.


psod is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
  #25
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
I just wish that players like Steen and Wellwood would be able to get some good quality icetime.I'd like to see them with some talented players and not just thrown on to our 4th line with other players that have no talent. (hope that made sense)
They will, in the AHL where they will both continue to develop and in the case of Steen, adapt to the North American style of play.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.