HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tanev to Detroit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2014, 05:00 PM
  #76
nucks94
Registered User
 
nucks94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No he plays #5 minutes and I don't need a sarcasm emoticon to prove that fact. NHL.com posts player TOI.
Your argument is so flawed it's ridiculous. Tanev is a stud and does shot block, which according to you he doesn't. Further he plays the shut down roll with Hamhuis and they were the top pair for the PK on the team last year. If you watched the Canucks at all (not very likely), you would have noticed that Torts mixed the other 4 defenceman quite frequently treying to find some consistancy. He left the Tanev and Hamhuis pairing alone because of how efficient they were together. Tanev also got no PP time, which is going to lead to his how you call #5 minutes theory. We had other guys to play the PP and he was allowed to do what he does best and shut top players down.

Had he been used in all situations of the game like Edler, Bieksa or Garrison, I would give your argument a little validity. Too bad for you that you are spitting complete rubbish.

nucks94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:01 PM
  #77
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
I said the Canucks have a deeper blue line then the one where Butler played top 4 minutes on. And, on paper most would take Vancouver's blue line currently, over the Flames blue line.
Deeper I can agree with. I disagree with taking the Canucks blueline over the Flames though. We had one, maybe 2 top 6 forwards and our team save percentage was .899. The blueline was very good this year. Giordano is heads and shoulder better than any defenseman the Canucks have and Brodie is similar to Hamhuis.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:02 PM
  #78
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Their choice but a 1-for-1 trade is fair value for both teams
I was thinking the same thing 1 for 1 don't see why wings have to add

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:03 PM
  #79
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana View Post
Oh please, I bet you don't even know who Ryan Stanton is. When we had Garrison, it was EASILY the better blue line, not even close, and likely still better. Put up a poll with the players from 2013/14 on each team's defense and see what everyone else thinks if you really believe the Flames one was better.
Why did you guys finish 6th last in the league then? You were much better up front and in goal. No debating that.

It's because you're wrong. The Flames have a better blueline.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:07 PM
  #80
Cunuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Why did you guys finish 6th last in the league then? You were much better up front and in goal. No debating that.

It's because you're wrong. The Flames have a better blueline.
We couldn't score goals. The reason we finished 6th last is not because we have a weak blue line.

Cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:07 PM
  #81
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Why did you guys finish 6th last in the league then? You were much better up front and in goal. No debating that.

It's because you're wrong. The Flames have a better blueline.
Wait, we have a better up front when we scored 13 goals less than you this year? Please elaborate.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:08 PM
  #82
nucksfan4life
Registered User
 
nucksfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
At any rate, as Wings fans have said, they would pass on your proposal. Discussion with Canuck fans is difficult. When emoticons become the best point made in a post it's time to talk with other people.
Let me make this clear no Canucks fan thinks Tanev is worth Nyquist straight up that is ludicrous so get that out of your head now, the OP wanted to gauge value even he doesn`t believe it.


The point has been made to you several times you just refuse to acknowledge it emoticons have been put in posts to make light of how silly your are. Like when I read your extremely uninformed opinion of Tanev it made me think....

Discussion with fans of rival teams becomes difficult when when said fans just come on to posts that have nothing to do with their own team to troll......

Tanev is a young Hamhuis that is what makes him so valuable he is extremely reliable in his own end and is a PK master everybody who watches him knows this.

We don`t think he is a stud Dman or anything but he is definitely a top 4 and I would love to see a fan of any team that would take the flames blue line over ours....wow

nucksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:11 PM
  #83
nucksfan4life
Registered User
 
nucksfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Why did you guys finish 6th last in the league then? You were much better up front and in goal. No debating that.

It's because you're wrong. The Flames have a better blueline.
Wait so our blue line is the main reason our forwards couldn`t score goals...

nucksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:11 PM
  #84
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan4life View Post
Wait so our blue line is the main reason our forwards couldn`t score goals...
It all makes sense now! Wow, this guy's a genius!

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:13 PM
  #85
tony d
RIP Hot Rod
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,223
vCash: 500
Tanev straight up for Nyquist would be a deal that would make sense for both teams.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:14 PM
  #86
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana View Post
Wait, we have a better up front when we scored 13 goals less than you this year? Please elaborate.
Your blueline put up 26 fewer points than ours did. That's with our two top offensive defensemen missing 54 games too.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:15 PM
  #87
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan4life View Post
Wait so our blue line is the main reason our forwards couldn`t score goals...
Yes, when your blueline has so few points and struggles offensively the team does as a whole.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:16 PM
  #88
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,174
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Deeper I can agree with. I disagree with taking the Canucks blueline over the Flames though. We had one, maybe 2 top 6 forwards and our team save percentage was .899. The blueline was very good this year. Giordano is heads and shoulder better than any defenseman the Canucks have and Brodie is similar to Hamhuis.
If Giordano was really "head and shoulders" better then Dan Hamhuis, you'd think he would have made the Olympic team over him.

__________________
K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
  #89
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 25,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Tanev straight up for Nyquist would be a deal that would make sense for both teams.
No, not for Detroit. An RHD would be nice, but Nyquist is Swedish. Wings don't often move them.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
  #90
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Your blueline put up 26 fewer points than ours did. That's with our two top offensive defensemen missing 54 games too.
So now defense is only about getting points? Seems legit. We had injuries as well. Care to check them out? We had 53 games missed from our d-men as a whole as well.... Do you think the world's out to get the Flames? Newsflash: Injuries happen to every team.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:20 PM
  #91
ronnyweed
Registered User
 
ronnyweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,761
vCash: 500
Detroit could just offer sheet Tanev for 3 million and give up less assets than this thread suggests.

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:21 PM
  #92
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
If Giordano was really "head and shoulders" better then Dan Hamhuis, you'd think he would have made the Olympic team over him.
Logic doesn't apply to this guy apparently. Giordano has one good year and now is the second coming of Jesus.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:22 PM
  #93
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
If Giordano was really "head and shoulders" better then Dan Hamhuis, you'd think he would have made the Olympic team over him.
Yzerman said he would have been on the team if he hadn't gotten hurt per fan 960. He was the top corsi rel. qoc player in the league last year. I think he's a whole lot better than Hamhuis.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:22 PM
  #94
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
I think the idea of moving Tanev has come and gone now that we have moved Garrison. Our blueline as it stands looks like this...

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber, Corrado(AHL call up)

We don't have enough depth to move another one of our top 4 guys, that ship has sailed.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:23 PM
  #95
nucksfan4life
Registered User
 
nucksfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes, when your blueline has so few points and struggles offensively the team does as a whole.
Main reason we were so bad last year is because our forwards could not score goals our forwards not defense two of our best players had the worst statistical years in 10 years that is why we were so bad.

nucksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:23 PM
  #96
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Detroit could just offer sheet Tanev for 3 million and give up less assets than this thread suggests.
That's an easy match. If Tanev would accept 3mil he would be signed by now, I think he's gonna get 4x4 on his next deal.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:24 PM
  #97
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana View Post
Logic doesn't apply to this guy apparently. Giordano has one good year and now is the second coming of Jesus.
He's had 5 good years. Last year he had a great year. He's been an excellent defenseman for a long time, like Hamhuis. Last year he took his game to a completely different level. Last year he was elite.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
  #98
Ventana*
Depressed Canuck Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
He's had 5 good years. Last year he had a great year. He's been an excellent defenseman for a long time, like Hamhuis. Last year he took his game to a completely different level. Last year he was elite.
Yeah, all those times being the stud d-man of the Flames leading them to the playoffs every year but this one. . He's just amazing.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:28 PM
  #99
bossram
Registered User
 
bossram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Tanev isn't even very good. He's so overrated. Similar player to Chris Butler. A bit better offensively, but doesn't block shots. In what world is the number 5 defenseman on the 6th worst team in the league worth Nyquist?
Just no. Tanev played on our top-pair at even-strength. Very good possession stats despite playing top competition. Also was our most used PKer. Now, you're going to say Tanev is #5 in TOI/G therefore he is a #5 defenseman. Only reason his overall TOI is low is because he had nonexistant PP time. Pretty much zero.

Tanev:
Corsi: 51.2%
CorsiRel: +0.7%
ZS% : 44.8%
ZSRel: -4.1%
QoCTOI: 29.3%

Butler:
Corsi: 42.8%
CorsiRel: -5.5%
ZS% : 41.7%
ZSRel: -9.7%
QoCTOI: 28.3%

Tanev performed miles better than Butler. It's not even a comparison. Is Tanev worth Nyquist? Maybe, maybe not. But he is so much better than a #5 it's not even funny.

bossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 05:28 PM
  #100
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,174
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Detroit could just offer sheet Tanev for 3 million and give up less assets than this thread suggests.
The Vancouver Canucks would easily accept that offer sheet and would send the Detroit Red Wings a thank you basket.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.