HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI - WPG: Forward for D swap

Old
07-02-2014, 08:17 PM
ducky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I was getting at a deal for Kane and Bogosian which I personally (even being a big Nelson fan) would make Nelson part of the package. Maybe something along the lines of Nelson, Pulock, grabner, Strait/Donovon
Kane AND Bogosian and you would be ok including Nelson? Me thinks you would have to add one of the previously mentioned untouchables ( ie anyone but Tavares should be in discussion for those 2).

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 08:21 PM
BrianSTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Fair to say that any deals for a Dman - which is Snow's biggest target now, by far - will not be including Tavares, Okposo, Strome, Nelson or Reinhart.

Just about anyone else is discussable, although Nielsen would be very costly.

I wonder what Jets fans would think of Bailey, Grabner, Pulock, Sundstrom, and McDonald for Kane & Byfuglien?
Ummm. No.

That's a whole lots of mediocre going the Jets way for two of their main players.

Throw in your 2015 first and then maybe....oh wait

BrianSTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 08:23 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Kane AND Bogosian and you would be ok including Nelson? Me thinks you would have to add one of the previously mentioned untouchables ( ie anyone but Tavares should be in discussion for those 2).
Anyone but Tavares, Hamonic, Rienhart. One of the previously named untouchables was added when Nelson was involved. Nelson is a Top 6 player with first line upside that just had a great WC. He is slotted to be Tavares LW this coming season. Pulock is our 2nd best Defensive prospect and has top 2 upside. Grabner although has not scored as much as he did in his 30g season is still a 20g scoreing middle 6 player with good pk ability. Strait and Donovon are 3rd pairing Dmen with some upside that are about to get lost in the wave of excellent D prospects the Islanders have coming in. Strait is a Defensive, Donovon Offensive.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 08:40 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Anyone but Tavares, Hamonic, Rienhart. One of the previously named untouchables was added when Nelson was involved. Nelson is a Top 6 player with first line upside that just had a great WC. He is slotted to be Tavares LW this coming season. Pulock is our 2nd best Defensive prospect and has top 2 upside. Grabner although has not scored as much as he did in his 30g season is still a 20g scoreing middle 6 player with good pk ability. Strait and Donovon are 3rd pairing Dmen with some upside that are about to get lost in the wave of excellent D prospects the Islanders have coming in. Strait is a Defensive, Donovon Offensive.
Seen a fair bit of Pulock and personally I don't like him . Not to say he isn't of value but I would not value him where he was picked.

Kane and Bogosian isn't going to get a workable deal in this thread imo , they were #3 and #4 OA picks and now have experience but still very very young and locked up .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:15 PM
trebendan

How about something like Nelson + Pulock for Bogosian + Petan?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:19 PM
OkpoTavanek

The only defenseman from Winnipeg that snow wants is Bogosian. And considering the Jets have aspirations to make the playoffs, he's not untouchable. The Isles have what it takes to give the Jets a real strong package for Bogosian. The Jets have above average - elite defenseman in the system. There is zero interest in Buff. And not only that, it's been rumored in Islander country for a few years now that Snow likes Bogosian.

OkpoTavanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
I did mean Nelson but that was before realizing the value which he holds for you guys. I see a young big winger who put up 26 points but clearly there's more to him.
He took a bit to get into a regular role. It felt like he played every position in each line at some point, but literally did play on all 1-4 lines over the course of the year. He'll be our number one LW next season.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:26 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
How about something like Nelson + Pulock for Bogosian + Petan?
If we are trading Nelson and Pulock I would rather add the little bit more to get Bogosian and Kane.

Old
07-02-2014, 09:31 PM
SCP Guy

No way Kane and Bogosian get traded unless young studs are coming back

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Islander Prophet

I honestly wouldn't mind Big Buff, a lot of people seem to undervalue him because of his style of play and occasional inconsistency. His value is low right now and I would totally be fine if we made a move for him

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:05 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
What is your definition if that is not what you see being discussed?

Old
07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Tuck61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander Prophet View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind Big Buff, a lot of people seem to undervalue him because of his style of play and occasional inconsistency. His value is low right now and I would totally be fine if we made a move for him
Interesting you think his value is low. Numerous GMs that have shown interest in Buff have mentioned that players like him are very rare and valuable.

Tuck61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Tuck61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
I agree with this. No way 2 of our better players go without something just as untouchable comes back.

Old
07-02-2014, 10:12 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
What is your definition if that is not what you see being discussed?
Players that dont have a career high of 26 points would probably be a good start.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsHomer View Post
Players that dont have a career high of 26 points would probably be a good start.
Umm Kane had 26 points in his first season too, So what does that make him? And Bogosian has yet to hit 26 points. Look at some of the other threads Nelson is reagrded as just as good a asset as Strome. Nelson is just already established. He plays a good two way game and will most likely be one the First Line with Tavares this coming season.

Old
07-02-2014, 10:17 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
I was getting at a deal for Kane and Bogosian which I personally (even being a big Nelson fan) would make Nelson part of the package. Maybe something along the lines of Nelson, Pulock, grabner, Strait/Donovon
Terrible value. Isles get the two best players in the deal, both signed long-term and still young. Awful.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:27 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Umm Kane had 26 points in his first season too, So what does that make him? And Bogosian has yet to hit 26 points. Look at some of the other threads Nelson is reagrded as just as good a asset as Strome. Nelson is just already established. He plays a good two way game and will most likely be one the First Line with Tavares this coming season.
Are you really comparing Kane's season as an 18 year old to Nelsons as a 21 year old?

Kane has 99 goals and 200 points in his career. Nelson has 14 goals and 26 points, while being only 64 days younger.

Bogosian had 30 points in 65 games two years ago so not really sure what you were looking at.

Nelson is closer to a guy like Eric O'Dell than an Evander Kane. Good young players, but far from studs.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Tuck61

Quote:
Umm Kane was 18, but I am sure you knew that.

Old
07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
seabass45

Isles fans, if you want Bogo or Kane, be prepared to offer something substantial. Both? Not happening, period.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Jetabre
Processing Processes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Kane is only 2 months older than Nelson, and has had alot more success on the NHL level, alot more proven. Bogosian has also hit 30 points before, so you didn't look at that closely. And obviously you're not going to compare a defenceman to a forward in regulating their value via point production right?

Jetabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:38 PM
MatthewBarnabysTears

vCash: 50
I love Brock Nelson, but obviously he's on the table if we're talking about Bogosian. We have the prospect depth to trade even someone who seems like a guaranteed NHLer, and for all of Nelson's skill his ceiling is probably lower than Strome's, Dal Colle's and Reinhart's.

MatthewBarnabysTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

I personally feel like Big Buff is an ideal fit.

How about...

Grabner
Lee
Donovan

for

Buff & a low pick.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
I personally feel like Big Buff is an ideal fit.

How about...

Grabner
Lee
Donovan

for

Buff & a low pick.
I wouldn't do Lee straight up for Buff, Lee is gonna be something special.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Something centered around Bailey & Lee for Buff is fine.

Lee is good, but his shot % was absurdly high last year

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Bosnyi

As an isles fan and a winn fan id love to see buf come to the isles, he really isnt half as bad as people say and i dont know what isles are complaining about if winn is willing to take bailey+ and none of jt, nelson, grif, strome, pulock(big fan)

Edit: bailey+ for buf

Last edited by Bosnyi: 07-03-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Bosnyi is offline   Reply With Quote