HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Czerkawski Signing Official

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
  #51
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I even read comparisons to Mogilny. Only in Toronto.
I'd take a full season of Czerkawski over a half season of Mogilny any day. But that's where the comparisons to Mogilny start and end.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:02 PM
  #52
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,695
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
he could be a ahlers too

is it a 2 way contract?

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:02 PM
  #53
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I'd take a full season of Czerkawski over a half season of Mogilny any day. But that's where the comparisons to Mogilny start and end.

Using both of those players in the same sentence is laughable.

Of course now that Mogilny isn't a Leaf he is a useless injury in waiting. Isn't that what you are implying with the half-season remark?

We all know that Allison and Lindros are pillars of health. Right?

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:03 PM
  #54
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
he could be a ahlers too

is it a 2 way contract?
With a 500K contract he would be taken via waivers.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
  #55
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
Using both of those players in the same sentence is laughable.

Of course now that Mogilny isn't a Leaf he is a useless injury in waiting. Isn't that what you are implying with the half-season remark?

We all know that Allison and Lindros are pillars of health. Right?
Even when Mogilny was still a UFA and people wanted the Leafs to sign him I said that Mogilny is just as big of a health risk as either Lindros and Allison. It has nothing to do with him not being a Leaf anymore, in fact it's the main reason I didn't want Mogilny back.

I have no idea how the way I used the two players in the same sentence is laughable. If you care to explain, go right ahead.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
  #56
Slapshot17
Registered User
 
Slapshot17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Prince George
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
The added scoring depth is invaluable. Plus Lindros can be moved up into the top 2 lines if you need to shorten the bench. People who are counting the Leafs out this year are making a big mistake. We've got some proven goal scorers at bargain basement prices. The Defence although not perfect is not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact I don't see it as being any worse than the Defence we started out with in 03-04. Maybe actually better after the Khavanov signing.

In 03-04 we started the season with
Klee-Kaberle
Jackman-Marchment
Berg-Kondratiev

McCabe was injured. But even after he came back D looked like this

Klee-Kaberle
McCabe-Jackman
Marchment-Berg

It was only at the end of the season Leetch came along. I certainly think this years team is stronger and more balanced.

Tucker-Sundin-Czerkawski
Stajan-Allison-O'Neil
Ponikarovsky-Lindros-Antropov
Kilger-Wilm/Keane-Domi

Spare -Wilm/Keane, Perrott

McCabe-Kaberle
Klee-Khavonov
Berg-Coloiacovo

Spare - Belak, Marchment

Slapshot17 is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:09 PM
  #57
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Even when Mogilny was still a UFA and people wanted the Leafs to sign him I said that Mogilny is just as big of a health risk as either Lindros and Allison. It has nothing to do with him not being a Leaf anymore, in fact it's the main reason I didn't want Mogilny back.

I have no idea how the way I used the two players in the same sentence is laughable. If you care to explain, go right ahead.
If you can't figure out that Mogilny and Czerkawski aren't comparable players.......

Just forget it.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
  #58
arrbez
bad chi
 
arrbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
Using both of those players in the same sentence is laughable.

Of course now that Mogilny isn't a Leaf he is a useless injury in waiting. Isn't that what you are implying with the half-season remark?

We all know that Allison and Lindros are pillars of health. Right?
Hey hey, no need to dook your pants over this

Mogilny is an injury that already happened. He only played 37 games last season, and was hampered by nagging injuries in many of the games he did play. He's a guy that's rarely able to play a full season, and the fact that he's turning 37 this season and hasn't played in over a year doesn't have me convinced that he'll last a full 82 games.

He's a vastly superior player to Czerkawski. But I'll take 80 games from Czerkawski at $500k over 55 games from Mogilny at however many millions NJ is paying him

Then again, I guess Mogilny will play 82 games and win the Art Ross to spite us for signing Allison and Lindros...(that is what you're hinting at right?).

arrbez is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
  #59
wendelissimo
Registered User
 
wendelissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to wendelissimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
If you can't figure out that Mogilny and Czerkawski aren't comparable players.......

Just forget it.

You're right, Mogilny is now old, making 3.5 million with a bad hip.
Czerkawski is years younger, isnt prone to injury, and cost.5

you talking about yesterday? or tomorrow......

wendelissimo is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
  #60
arrbez
bad chi
 
arrbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
If you can't figure out that Mogilny and Czerkawski aren't comparable players
Look! Someone else put those two names in the same sentence! OMG!

arrbez is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
  #61
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
If you can't figure out that Mogilny and Czerkawski aren't comparable players.......

Just forget it.
How does that even remotely relate to what I said? You're hilarious.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
  #62
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
How does that even remotely relate to what I said? You're hilarious.
And you are a mindless fanboy.

I always have to laugh at the Leaf fans who have unconditional love for their team.

As an ex-season ticket holder I don't buy their crap anymore. Beieve me this Czerkawski love in is just more of the same crap.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
  #63
arrbez
bad chi
 
arrbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
And you are a mindless fanboy.

I always have to laugh at the Leaf fans who have unconditional love for their team.

As an ex-season ticket holder I don't buy their crap anymore. Beieve me this Czerkawski love in is just more of the same crap.
Man, this trolling really isn't working out for you eh? Maybe time for a new hobby...

If you can point out where anyone said he was as good of a player as Mogilny...who knows, maybe you can escape with your dignity


arrbez is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
  #64
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
Man, this trolling really isn't working out for you eh? Maybe time for a new hobby...

If you can point out where anyone said he was as good of a player as Mogilny...who knows, maybe you can escape with your dignity

Now I am a troll. LMAO!

Before I changed my name I used to get similiar things. I guess you have to toe the company line to not be a troll, right?

I am no fan boy. 17 years as a season ticket must have made me a troll. LMAO!

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:35 PM
  #65
Hounsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A wonderful location
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
With a 500K contract he would be taken via waivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I think the Leafs should have passed on this guy and picked up some grit vs a guy who is well known to have a one dimensional game and is in decline.

So is he or isn't he worth it? If other teams would want him at 500k why wouldn't the winger short Leafs.

Hounsy is online now  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:36 PM
  #66
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
And you are a mindless fanboy.

I always have to laugh at the Leaf fans who have unconditional love for their team.

As an ex-season ticket holder I don't buy their crap anymore. Beieve me this Czerkawski love in is just more of the same crap.
Worst attempt at trolling ever. You accuse me of saying Czerkawski is as good as Mogilny. Then I ask you to back that up and when you obviously can't do it, you ignore that and proceed to call me a "fanboy".

Oh wait. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you're an "ex-season ticket holder."

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:37 PM
  #67
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounsy
So is he or isn't he worth it? If other teams would want him at 500k why wouldn't the winger short Leafs.
I know the Leafs were desperate for some secondary scoring but c'mon. Let him go to Ottawa or something. He so far from a fit in Toronto its laughable. It shows how desperate JFJ is errrr I mean genius.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:39 PM
  #68
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Worst attempt at trolling ever. You accuse me of saying Czerkawski is as good as Mogilny. Then I ask you to back that up and when you obviously can't do it, you ignore that and proceed to call me a "fanboy".

Oh wait. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you're an "ex-season ticket holder."
Are you a teenager or something? Lets have a he said she said debate.

You said you would rather have Czerkawski for a season than Mogilny for half a season. I said they are not comparable players. Get your facts straight.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:41 PM
  #69
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I know the Leafs were desperate for some secondary scoring but c'mon. Let him go to Ottawa or something. He so far from a fit in Toronto its laughable. It shows how desperate JFJ is errrr I mean genius.
Funny how you ask for grit when its pretty much the last thing we need.

Tucker, O'Neill, Domi, Allison, McCabe, Klee, Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Kilger, Wilm, Belak, Perrott

The great thing about armchair GMing is that you can comepletely ignor the team's needs and just shout out words. I might not like Czerkawski as a Leaf that much but I can at least see that his play is the sort that's missing from the Leafs attack (and I like the signing for filling in that hole) however I don't like that he is a slacker on defense.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
  #70
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Worst attempt at trolling ever. :
I forgot that those who don't like something are trolls. Grow up fanboy, not everybody is liking this signing for various reasons.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
  #71
Hounsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A wonderful location
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I know the Leafs were desperate for some secondary scoring but c'mon. Let him go to Ottawa or something. He so far from a fit in Toronto its laughable. It shows how desperate JFJ is errrr I mean genius.
Dude after O'neil Tucker is the closest thing to a proven winger at that he may be more considered a third liner and Quinn traditionally wants three lines that can somewhat score. It's sad to admitt as a Leaf fan but Czerkawski is a fit for this team at this point in time.

Hounsy is online now  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
  #72
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I forgot that those who don't like something are trolls. Grow up fanboy, not everybody is liking this signing for various reasons.
And your argument is flawed at its basis for various reason.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:44 PM
  #73
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Funny how you ask for grit when its pretty much the last thing we need.

Tucker, Domi, Allison, McCabe, Klee, Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Kilger, Wilm, Belak, Perrott

The great thing about armchair GMing is that you can comepletely ignor the team's needs and just shout out words. I might not like Czerkawski as a Leaf that much but I can at least see that his play is the sort that's missing from the Leafs attack (and I like the signing for filling in that hole) however I don't like that he is a slacker on defense.
A player like him wasn't needed. Sure scoring was a requirement. Why don't the Leafs develop a scorer for a change? If Czerkawski is the answer than I don't want to know what the question was.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:46 PM
  #74
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
And your argument is flawed at its basis for various reason.
Of course it is. I don't like signing that wastoid locker room cancer no heart has been. Of course that is a flawed "argument". It's an opinion which doesn't translate into "go leafs go" right?

Canadude* is offline  
Old
09-09-2005, 09:48 PM
  #75
Hounsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A wonderful location
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
Why don't the Leafs develop a scorer for a change? If Czerkawski is the answer than I don't want to know what the question was.
Well with the cap they won't get anywhere without developing there own talent but that said you can't develope a player in the month so for the time being some less than perfect one year signings are a fact of life.

Hounsy is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.