HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Czerkawski Signing Official

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2005, 09:49 PM
arrbez
bad chi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
I forgot that those who don't like something are trolls. Grow up fanboy, not everybody is liking this signing for various reasons.
No, lots of people don't like Czerkawski, and they are not trolls. If you want to know why you're being singled out here, perhaps you should review your last 5-10 posts?

Old
09-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Canadude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounsy
Well with the cap they won't get anywhere without developing there own talent but that said you can't develope a player in the month so for the time being some less than perfect one year signings are a fact of life.
That is very true however Czerkawski of all players isn't even worthy of plug status. Maybe the Leafs get a guy like him at the deadline as a depth player but picking him up for minimum before camp without evaluating what they already had is just plain stupid.

Old
09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Canadude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
No, lots of people don't like Czerkawski, and they are not trolls. If you want to know why you're being singled out here, perhaps you should review your last 5-10 posts?
Show me where I am "trolling"

I am not blowing sunshine up anybody's arese today but I am sorry that is not "trolling".

Kids.

Old
09-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
A player like him wasn't needed. Sure scoring was a requirement. Why don't the Leafs develop a scorer for a change? If Czerkawski is the answer than I don't want to know what the question was.
Sure you know what, I'll put out an order for a Leaf developped scorer immediately.

Oh shame, shipping three to five years. Looks like we might not be able to get one instantly like we wanted.

And if you're going to try and pin Quinn's bad drafteing on your personal whipping boy JFJ think again. Also keep in mind that there is a salary cap and you can't pick and choose which free agents land where.

Old
09-09-2005, 10:00 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Quote:
Of course it is. I don't like signing that wastoid locker room cancer no heart has been. Of course that is a flawed "argument". It's an opinion which doesn't translate into "go leafs go" right?
Too bad that wasn't the argument eh? Because if it was...man, we probably wouldn't be having any problems here

Old
09-09-2005, 10:18 PM
TheBudsForever

I'm not a fan of the Polish Prince and was against his signing. However, for $500 k and a one season contract, I don't have a problem. If he proves to be a liability then Quinn will simply cut him loose by putting him on waivers. No big deal... A very low risk signing due to the small dollars and short term contract involved. Not much to lose balanced against the possibility of a fair bit to gain.

Who knows, perhaps Chow will be motivated by playing with Sundin and actually try to play a little defence while hopefully putting up good offensive numbers. One thing about Chow is that when he puts his mind and heart to it, he definetely is a bona fide NHL sniper.

The fact that that he's basically agreeing to play for slightly better than the League minimum tells us that he is quite interested in playing for Toronto, as he could probably make the same money or better in Europe. To put it in perspective, he'll be earning $300K less than Belak and $750K less than Domi!!

Old
09-09-2005, 10:20 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Quote:
Show me where I am "trolling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I'd take a full season of Czerkawski over a half season of Mogilny any day. But that's where the comparisons to Mogilny start and end.

Using both of those players in the same sentence is laughable.

Of course now that Mogilny isn't a Leaf he is a useless injury in waiting. Isn't that what you are implying with the half-season remark?

We all know that Allison and Lindros are pillars of health. Right?

Exhibit A: A perfectly logical statement is attacked for having the audacity to put the names of two players in the same sentence. (I once saw Wade Belak in my local Tim Horton's, you know ). The original statement even went so far as to point out that nobody believe Czerkawski is a comparable hockey player to Mogilny. You obviously have forgotten the injury plagued season Mogilny suffered through in 2003/04, and have fabricated some sort of conspiracy in which all Leaf fans have now de-valued Mogilny because he is no longer in Toronto. And to top it off, for no reason at all, you have added Allison and Lindros' names into the mix. As if having players with an injury history on the team should bar it's fans from commenting on the injury history of players from other teams.

Quote:
How does that even remotely relate to what I said? You're hilarious.

And you are a mindless fanboy.

I always have to laugh at the Leaf fans who have unconditional love for their team.

As an ex-season ticket holder I don't buy their crap anymore. Beieve me this Czerkawski love in is just more of the same crap.

Exhibit B: When your original attack is revealed to be a fresh-squeezed pile of baseless crap, you resort to Trolling 101: personal insults. Hell, Leaf Army wasn't even being rude. For whatever reason, you then dump all over fan loyalty. Hey, I have an idea, why don't we fold every franchise who didn't win the Stanley Cup last year? Their supporters are clearly a bunch of fanboys who don't know when to jump ship...

Old
09-09-2005, 10:25 PM
TheBudsForever

Quote:
And you are a mindless fanboy.

I always have to laugh at the Leaf fans who have unconditional love for their team.

As an ex-season ticket holder I don't buy their crap anymore. Beieve me this Czerkawski love in is just more of the same crap.
You gave up Leaf season tickets ??? You obviously don't have a clue as to the length of the waiting list (years and years) or what scalpers would have paid you for those tickets or the rights to them. If I were you, I'd have kept the season tickets and sold them or the rights to them and made a nice piece of change. But then again, you must be one of those former alleged big time Leaf fans, who also now dislike the team and the idea of making money.........

Old
09-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Are you a teenager or something? Lets have a he said she said debate.

You said you would rather have Czerkawski for a season than Mogilny for half a season. I said they are not comparable players. Get your facts straight.
What I meant by that statement is clear to everyone else who's read this thread. Czerkawski is a much better bet to stay healthy for the season than Mogilny is. Or am I being a "fanboy" for saying that too?

The issue of saying Czerkawski is a comparable player to Mogilny is an issue that was completely fabricated by your apparent fertile imagination.

But for now I'm done this stupid exchange with you. I guess I should have know better than to get into a he said she said debate with a masterful "ex season ticket holder".

Old
09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Garbs

Quote:
You gave up Leaf season tickets ??? You obviously don't have a clue as to the length of the waiting list (years and years) or what scalpers would have paid you for those tickets or the rights to them. If I were you, I'd have kept the season tickets and sold them or the rights to them and made a nice piece of change. But then again, you must be one of those former alleged big time Leaf fans, who also now dislike the team and the idea of making money.........
He's lying. It's a 16 year old Ottawa fan.

Old
09-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBudsForever
I'm not a fan of the Polish Prince and was against his signing. However, for $500 k and a one season contract, I don't have a problem. If he proves to be a liability then Quinn will simply cut him loose by putting him on waivers. No big deal... A very low risk signing due to the small dollars and short term contract involved. Not much to lose balanced against the possibility of a fair bit to gain.

Who knows, perhaps Chow will be motivated by playing with Sundin and actually try to play a little defence while hopefully putting up good offensive numbers. One thing about Chow is that when he puts his mind and heart to it, he definetely is a bona fide NHL sniper.

The fact that that he's basically agreeing to play for slightly better than the League minimum tells us that he is quite interested in playing for Toronto, as he could probably make the same money or better in Europe. To put it in perspective, he'll be earning $300K less than Belak and $750K less than Domi!!
Definitely something thats corssed my thoughts. I desperately hope its the case.

Old
09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
TheBudsForever

Look at the signing this way .... in the worst case scenario, he dresses for each game, rides the pine and is only used for shoot outs. For 500K if he does well just taking part in shoot outs, it'll be a good signing. LOL, the ultimate special team player signing in the new NHL!!

Old
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Look at the signing this way .... in the worst case scenario, he dresses for each game, rides the pine and is only used for shoot outs. For 500K if he does well just taking part in shoot outs, it'll be a good signing. LOL, the ultimate special team player signing in the new NHL!!
Basically what I've been telling myself the pat few days. At $500 000 I really have no objections to signing the guy unless he flops and Quinnn decides to paly "favourites."

Old
09-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Slapshot17

Quote:

Excellent points. I agree completely.

Old
09-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Platapie

This Canadadude sounds so ludicrously like this guy named Leaf_fan on another board I used to frequent (clearly not the poster by the same name here), that it's scary.

All said poster did was criticize the Leafs without offering one rational alternative or origional thought. He constantly posted crap that made Simmons look clever, and was the general anti-thesis of a fan. Honestly, it's scary how similar these two are.

Old
09-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Kurtz

Did anyone else see the rule change video on nhl.com? If the refs stick to their new principles, half of each game is going to be spent on the powerplay.

Now, even the NYI fans who harped on how horrible Mariusz is admit that he's a wizard on the powerplay.

Furthermore, if, once more, the refs stick to calling the new rules, guys like Mariusz will be drawing tons of penalties...

This is a guy who scored 30 goals regularly for the NYI playing mostly on the 2nd line I believe, with a league full of obstruction. You clean up the obstruction, put him on more powerplays and pair him with Sundin, and is it really unreasonable to expect this guy to net 35-40 for us? All this for 500k?

And like people have mentioned, he could be huge in the shoot-outs. Up to now we only had 1 top-notch penalty taker in Mats, with a few potentially good takers in Lindros, O'Neil and Kaberle. Mariusz could be huge here.

All in all, solid risk. Even if he doesn't pan out, at 500k, he's probably cheaper than several other teams' 13th forward. Really, how could this hurt?

Old
09-10-2005, 01:09 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
A player like him wasn't needed. Sure scoring was a requirement. Why don't the Leafs develop a scorer for a change? If Czerkawski is the answer than I don't want to know what the question was.
Why didn't you come out with this right away? You opted to attack the person instead. Why not say, I feel we have prospects who are more than capable in the system. I know some others agree. I don't mind the signing. If the kids on the farm play well enough, they should get the oppurtunity to have his spot. At 500K he can be unloaded. Now the younger guys need to prove they deserve a shot rather than having it handed to them. If I feel Wellwood is playing better than "Chow," but not getting the ice time, then I'll *****. Not now though, not yet at least.

Old
09-10-2005, 08:01 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
- He's lazy. I don't know exactly what this means. I think it's just another way to criticize his defensive game. I mean he can scoot around the ice in a recliner for all I care if he scores 25-30 goals.
Good job, I just spat out my tea on my keyboard.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:19 AM
akiberg*

Quote:
I forgot that those who don't like something are trolls. Grow up fanboy, not everybody is liking this signing for various reasons.
Go away.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Canadude*

Quote:
No I moved. Get your facts straight.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg
Go away.
Another! ?

Old
09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Platapie

He was reffering to the fact that you gave them up instead of selling them. If you moved, got shot out of a cannon or decided to become a reclusive monk has no impact on that argument.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Canadude*

"This is a guy who scored 30 goals regularly for the NYI playing mostly on the 2nd line I believe, with a league full of obstruction. You clean up the obstruction, put him on more powerplays and pair him with Sundin, and is it really unreasonable to expect this guy to net 35-40 for us? All this for 500k? "

He has scored 30+ goals twice in ten seasons? How is that "regularly"? How is it reasonable to believe that a guy who's numbers have been in decline for five years including a stint the the AHL is all of a sudden going to eclipse his career highs? People sure live in fantasy land.

Anyway this is not about scoring goals. Everbody knows what he brings and what he doesn't. The Leafs had enough free agents and adding this guy to the mix was just plain desperate and it proves tht Quinn is running this team. Its all about veteran players who had their best days in another uniform. Same crap from the Leafs every year and most of the fans think its the way to go.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Canadude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie

He was reffering to the fact that you gave them up instead of selling them. If you moved, got shot out of a cannon or decided to become a reclusive monk has no impact on that argument.
The only part of the discussion that was relevant was that he called me a troll. I pointed out that I have been a fan who has paid literally tens of thousands of dollars to watch the team for almost 20 years. Somehow I doubt he can say the same.

Old
09-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie

Right you are ..and thus he is exposed for the story teller he is ..

Anyone that has had Leafs season tickets and has been required to surrender them (for any reason) would not simply call the office and say I am moving so don't bill me my $15 grand this year ..

A real smart person would sell them for $30 grand each and every year until death do them part, even as you say if they have moved to Tibet and become a Monk ..

You might be fooling yourself with your far fetched stories, but you are forgetting you are dealing with Leaf fans here, and we are not so easily fooled as you can lead yourself to believe..

Quote:
The only part of the discussion that was relevant was that he called me a troll. I pointed out that I have been a fan who has paid literally tens of thousands of dollars to watch the team for almost 20 years. Somehow I doubt he can say the same.
Leaf Army has literally forgotten more about the Leafs, then you will every pretend to know ..

Last edited by Mess: 09-10-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Closed Thread