HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vinny trade holding everything up

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
FanHabtic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
We've seen some pretty bad trades happen before that I'd consider worse than Vinny

I.e. Gomez for McDonagh
Exactly. So are you banking on a GM making a Gaineyesque trade for Vinny? How often does that happen?

Using that logic i propose VL + Flyers 1st in 2015 + Couturier for Plekanec.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
With all the fireworks over from July 1, time to start stirring up the #hitz. Bills don't pay themselves over the summer. I'm looking forward to the annual Evgeni Malkin trade rumor in August. He may be going to the Habs, but they're waiting on another HUGE trade offer they put on the table with a team west of New York.

I still have hope Lecavalier can be traded. I don't really mind who or what we get back, even if we have to give up an asset to make it work, but I just hope whatever comes back gives Hextall a chance to make something productive out of it.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
FourthLineGoon
2017 3rd round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
You have to think with all that Kane has done re philly and winny that a trade has to be in place. Kane g jake!
He's probably just desperately trying to get out of winnipeg. In fact, he seems like the type of person who's probably reading this thread right now. (Hi Evander.)

Old
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
tucker22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADE EVERYONE PLZ View Post
He's probably just desperately trying to get out of winnipeg. In fact, he seems like the type of person who's probably reading this thread right now. (Hi Evander.)
Ya that what players who just sign long term contracts with a team look to do.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
You said Hextall might be holding out for a "good" return. That was beyond ridiculous and wishful thinking.
What us your obsession with Vinny. You go into every thread about him and go on and on yet never talk how he was STILL a 1st line goal scorer this year(top90).

Maybe a deal hasn't happened because Vinny actually has a NMC and he has no reason yo go anywhere unless he wants to. And the you still have 2 teams that need yo come to an agreement on the trade.

Philly has NO reason to retain salary. Retain 2 mill then give a 4th liner 1 mill....that means that really you are paying that 4th liner 3 mill. At least with Vinny, we know he are getting a 20 goal scorer even if we shove him on the 4th line and 2nd PP.

Hell, on Montreal there was only 1 guy who beat him in goals last year DESPITE all the stuff he went thru.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Arcade
✦ Nucks ✦

vCash: 1070
Kane is a fantastic player and even from my neck of the woods but I never like to see players treat their team the way he has been treating Winnipeg. There are thousands of people that pay tickets to see him and he's acting like a punk imo.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADE EVERYONE PLZ View Post
It's obvious where he wants to go and where he wants to leave. He should just holdout for a trade!

Old
07-02-2014, 11:34 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

I don't take Eklund serious, the only exception is when he talks about the Flyers I do think there has been some truth to some of what he is sharing there in the past, so I will listen a little. Even then with the change in organizational direction and Hextall on board are his only reliable sources still able to give him information?

Old
07-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

FYI the Flyers are $2.5 million OVER the cap. Regardless of what Schreklund says the Flyers are screwed cap wise.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
FYI the Flyers are $2.5 million OVER the cap. Regardless of what Schreklund says. The Flyers are screwed cap wise.
With PRonger counting. When does Pronger's LTIR take go into effect?

Old
07-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Tripod

Quote:
FYI the Flyers are $2.5 million OVER the cap. Regardless of what Schreklund says. The Flyers are screwed cap wise.
Almost 5 million comes back after Pronger is LTIR. Plus, we can always trade Grossmann who makes 3.5 mill. We have options.

Old
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
What us your obsession with Vinny. You go into every thread about him and go on and on yet never talk how he was STILL a 1st line goal scorer this year(top90).

Maybe a deal hasn't happened because Vinny actually has a NMC and he has no reason yo go anywhere unless he wants to. And the you still have 2 teams that need yo come to an agreement on the trade.

Philly has NO reason to retain salary. Retain 2 mill then give a 4th liner 1 mill....that means that really you are paying that 4th liner 3 mill. At least with Vinny, we know he are getting a 20 goal scorer even if we shove him on the 4th line and 2nd PP.

Hell, on Montreal there was only 1 guy who beat him in goals last year DESPITE all the stuff he went thru.
On Montreal, goals are not a primary indicator of value in a player. Speed, defensive responsibility, compete level and two-way play are valued. A 20 goal scorer who is -16 in plus/minus, terrible defensively, oft-injured including a debilitating back injury, slow, old and regressing at an alarming rate while still having 4 years left in a 4.5M AAV contract is considered POISON.

As for my interest, i enjoy debating on hockey sites. If you have issue with that then stop responding to my posts.

Old
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
With PRonger counting. When does Pronger's LTIR take go into effect?
Yes with Pronger counting. Regardless, the Flyers signed some dumb contracts.

Old
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Holding everything up?

LOL If this is hold everything up... then is this to suggest that all of the free agents would be off of the market now if Vinny had been traded?

Old
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
What is the E-System (e1, e2, e3, etc.)?

The E-System was devised with the intelligent hockey fan in mind as a way for Eklund to give subtle clues to rumors that are posted, as well as to gauge the likelihood of a rumor turning into an actual trade or free agent signing.

E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.
E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1's. It could be several E1's.
E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.
E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.
E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet.
I actually believe Eklund has alot of agents(ie "tie to the player") who call him to use him as a way to drive up their players values. Don't think he has many sources on the teams side.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
VanIslander
Don't waste my time

Eklund has such a lousy track record in predictions,... why is his word continually given such prominence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era
I don't take Eklund serious...
Neither do I.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Tripod

Quote:
On Montreal, goals are not a primary indicator of value in a player. Speed, defensive responsibility, compete level and two-way play are valued. A 20 goal scorer who is -16 in plus/minus, terrible defensively, oft-injured including a debilitating back injury, slow, old and regressing at an alarming rate while still having 4 years left in a 4.5M AAV contract is considered POISON.

As for my interest, i enjoy debating on hockey sites. If you have issue with that then stop responding to my posts.
For a team where the cap ceiling doesn't matter, the 4.5 is no big deal. His real money is $3.625 per year which is fine.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I actually believe Eklund has alot of agents(ie "tie to the player") who call him to use him as a way to drive up their players values. Don't think he has many sources on the teams side.
You think gm's read hockeybuzz?

Old
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Totally forgot the Flyers signed Zach Stortini to a two way deal this afternoon. That bumps up the cap numbers if he makes the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
You think gm's read hockeybuzz?
For laughs perhaps.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Totally forgot the Flyers signed Zach Stortini to a two way deal this afternoon. That bumps up the cap numbers if he makes the club.
He won't. He is an AHL signing.

Old
clefty
Ice cream for crow

How can Lecavalier be holding up better players from being moved? That doesn't make sense.

Old
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
He won't. He is an AHL signing.
Yup. That he is.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
You said Hextall might be holding out for a "good" return. That was beyond ridiculous and wishful thinking.
Follow the very, very simple train of posts here dude.

-You assumed that other teams won't give anything for him and will want the Flyers to retain salary. You then also said his contract is too poisonous for any team to want.

-I pointed out that far worse deals have been signed just in the last day and stated that there's alternatives to why he hasn't been traded other then every GM out there thinking his contract is too "poisonous".

Point is that there's plenty of potential reasons why he's still in Philly. Point is that I was responding to your large assumptions and hyperbole, like I said.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Yup. That he is.
We have some good young kids starting in the AHL this year and he us good for protection. We only wish we would demote Rosehill to join him.

Old
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
For a team where the cap ceiling doesn't matter, the 4.5 is no big deal. His real money is $3.625 per year which is fine.
Flyer fans underestimate how bad Vinny is defensively. GMs aren't stupid. They see the toll injuries have taken on Vinny. They see how ineffective he is in his own zone. They know he can't play wing. Can barely take a faceoff. Slow as molasses.

At this rate if regression VL is a huge risk even at 3.6 million. There are much better options. The fact he hasn't been traded speaks volumes. His NMC is a killer.

The Flyers will have to retain salary to dump VL otherwise he will remain a Glyer.

Closed Thread