HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flames want to sign Kevin Hayes

Old
07-04-2014, 10:54 AM
THall4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
You realize Calgary will be a pretty darn good team in just a few years right? Monahan.. Bennett.. Gaudreau.. Baertschi.. Poirier.. Klimchuk.. I can go on.

You speak as if the Blackhawks will forever be a Cup contender and the Flames will forever suck.
No, but they draft incredibly well...so they can remain a very good team for a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Yup just like Edmonton will be Stanley Cup contenders every year with Eberle, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Gagner, Nurse... I can go on as well.

Just because a player is a star in junior doesn't necessarily mean they will be a star in the NHL.

No one said the Hawks will forever be cup contenders.... maybe that is why Chicago fans are upset with Hayes, they know how difficult it is to stay at the top and don't want to lose a talented young player for a 2nd round pick.
This is true...the NHL is a different animal...players have to come in and re-learn the game...our young core in Edmonton finally realized this last year and made efforts to play a better 2way game.

THall4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Would NYR or the Bruins be interested?
Could NY believe that Hayes could not replace but play in Pouliots position next to Brass and Zucc?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Ola

A stupid question, can any team talk/negotiate with Hayes right now?

Is a draft pick a RFA? Could you potentially even offer sheet a draft pick?

Old
07-04-2014, 12:34 PM
snipetype

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

The way I understand it is draft picks can only negotiate with the team they were drafted by for a certain period of time. While RFAs on the other hand can negotiate with other teams and sign offer sheets.
So they are different.

snipetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 12:39 PM
hisgirlfriday

Quote:

Hawks have exclusive negotiation rights til mid-August. If the Hawks don't sign him by then he becomes a UFA and Hawks get 54th pick in 2015 draft.

hisgirlfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't see why. That line was very dominant. It's always good to have cohesion in the locker room.
You don't see why?

Hnat Domenichelli is why.

You don't pick up a player to unite players that played well in other leagues, you pick up players based on their own merit.

Method Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Ola

Thanks! So draft picks are basically a third class of FA until they sign their first contract. I figured so, just never heard about it.

An interested team could give Chi a 5th rounder not to acquires Hayes rights but the right to talk to him and get a handshake deal. It's long to wait to August 15 to find out if you can get a player that you have to promise a roster spot...

Old
07-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 494
Quote:
Thanks! So draft picks are basically a third class of FA until they sign their first contract. I figured so, just never heard about it.

An interested team could give Chi a 5th rounder not to acquires Hayes rights but the right to talk to him and get a handshake deal. It's long to wait to August 15 to find out if you can get a player that you have to promise a roster spot...
No and no. His rights are exclusively owned by the Hawks until August, he's no different then someone like Bennett who was just drafted by the Flames. If he does not sign with the Hawks by the deadline then he will become a free agent and the Hawks will receive a compensation pick in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft. The Hawks will not trade him for anything less then what they will receive for not signing him and could in theory grant any team the right to talk to him and then trade to them his rights if a deal is worked out.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Justanotherflamesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondack Flames View Post
You don't see why?

Hnat Domenichelli is why.

You don't pick up a player to unite players that played well in other leagues, you pick up players based on their own merit.
Dude who cares if they played together before, we need rw prospects and bad why wouldn't u take the chance any flames fan would tell u the same. It might work maybe not? Who knows they could even play good on separate lines ever think of that?

Justanotherflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanotherflamesfan View Post
Dude who cares if they played together before, we need rw prospects and bad why wouldn't u take the chance any flames fan would tell u the same. It might work maybe not? Who knows they could even play good on separate lines ever think of that?
You obviously missed my initial post. I said if the team feels he is worth signing on his own then they should do it. You don't sign a player because he has chemistry with someone. You sign a player because you think they can have a positive impact, regardless of who they play with.

Old
07-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Justanotherflamesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondack Flames View Post
You obviously missed my initial post. I said if the team feels he is worth signing on his own then they should do it. You don't sign a player because he has chemistry with someone. You sign a player because you think they can have a positive impact, regardless of who they play with.
Exactly, now it makes sense to me lol I would sign him anyday of the week

Justanotherflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanotherflamesfan View Post
Exactly, now it makes sense to me lol I would sign him anyday of the week
I just can't stand the mindset that he should be signed solely because he was a linemate with Gaudreau and Arnold. IMO the odds of Hayes playing with Gaudreau as a pro is pretty slim.