HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Simon

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Chris Simon

I was very happy to see this "The Post has learned that the Rangers exposed, in order, Darius Kasparaitis, Chris Simon and Dan LaCouture. All are considered to have cleared waivers."

It's nice to see that Sather was able to swallow his pride and risk losing Simon. I am half surprised noone considered D-LAC. I dont know why we exposed him to get that guy from Philly. I havent seen much of him to be honest but I would think Lacouture would make a better 4th liner.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Edge

yeah if only we didnt sign simon in the first, you cant expose a player you dont have.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:12 AM
NYR469

he didn't risk losing simon...

according to jim schoenfeld's comments in the hartford courant, the rangers picked keefe, then they lost petro, heins and heerema, before picking bouchard and siklenka

so they waived kaspar after picking keefe and risked losing him, but when they exposed simon and lacouture after claiming bouchard and siklenka, it was just a technicality. they had already lost the max 3 players so they couldn't lose anyone else

Old
10-05-2003, 07:57 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
he didn't risk losing simon...

according to jim schoenfeld's comments in the hartford courant, the rangers picked keefe, then they lost petro, heins and heerema, before picking bouchard and siklenka

so they waived kaspar after picking keefe and risked losing him, but when they exposed simon and lacouture after claiming bouchard and siklenka, it was just a technicality. they had already lost the max 3 players so they couldn't lose anyone else
I'm not 100% sure but an interesting thing would have been if one of those two did get claimed. Then the Rangers would have had the decision on whether they wanted to let them leave or not. Remember that a team can decide to lose more than three players if they so choose.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Fletch

From what I've read...

lacouture had a decent preseason (and didn't he have an assist in each game leading up to the Devils game?). Surprised Sather would expose a youngish, cheap guy, but then again, he did choose to lose Petro instead of exposing Simon, et al.

Closed Thread