HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks - Blue Jackets

Old
07-04-2014, 07:32 PM
massey1984

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
To Columbus:

Patrick Sharp

To Chicago:

Nick Foligno
3rd 2015
3rd 2016
Um...nope.

I wouldn't ask for Johansen. I would ask for Jenner,the rights to Erixon or David Savard, a 1st in 2015, and a 2nd in 2016. A player like Jenner, a young defenseman, plus picks are what the Hawks need. I would move Leddy/Oduya in a separate deal.

massey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 07:43 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
Um...nope.

I wouldn't ask for Johansen. I would ask for Jenner,the rights to Erixon or David Savard, a 1st in 2015, and a 2nd in 2016. A player like Jenner, a young defenseman, plus picks are what the Hawks need. I would move Leddy/Oduya in a separate deal.
If that's his price, the Jackets should move on.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 07:48 PM
WannabeFinn
Marko Dano))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
Um...nope.

I wouldn't even give up Jenner and a 1st for Sharp, let alone with rights to a young D and another pick.

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 08:56 PM
RealisticLeafsFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
Johansen is obviously worth more than Sharp, but from the Hawks perspective there isn't a whole lot else that is appealing now that Richards is signed for cheap.

Sharp is a consistent 30-35 goal 35-40 assist LW who is an alternate captain. The Hawks don't need to move him for cap reasons (at least not this year) so he won't come cheap in trade.
Keep in mind Sharp plays next to Jonathan Toews. Not saying he's bad, by Ryan Johansen is a borderline 1C and scored 30 with little offensive support, compared to Sharp. Also you wouldn't save much on RyJo because he's do for a big raise after this season.

RealisticLeafsFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

The original offer...terrible

Maybe if you change the 3rds to 1sts...

I love when teams think because a team is up against the cap it makes the value of their best players minimal

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 01:27 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
The original offer...terrible

Maybe if you change the 3rds to 1sts...

I love when teams think because a team is up against the cap it makes the value of their best players minimal
It's not that it makes it minimal, it's adjusting the value to what we've actually seen go down these days. The market is much different today. Teams don't trade star players often but when they do, folks are always "shocked" by the return. It's about making strategic trades, not just getting a return you can justify to fans. Also, Foligno is seriously underrated here I guess.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Counter:

Sharp for Atkinson, Wennberg, '15 2nd

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Don't buy into the bull crap rumors about Patrick Sharp.

The Chicago Blackhawks offer Kris Versteeg to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 2015 3rd Round Draft Pick.
I'm with you in skipping any talk of Sharp, Foligno or Johansen. But I don't like this deal, either, despite the fact I like Versteeg.

I, perhaps alone among CBJ fans, would offer a 7th rounder for Michal Rozsival, though.

Old
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
I wouldn't even give up Jenner and a 1st for Sharp, let alone with rights to a young D and another pick.
Who'd want to give up Jenner and a 1st for Chicago's top scorer from last season or a guy that finished 2 points outside of being in the top 5 scorers in the NHL. I mean....SURELY Jenner will be that guy....and everyone knows that all 1st round picks turn into world class scorers.

My goodness.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Bwahahahahaha

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Who'd want to give up Jenner and a 1st for Chicago's top scorer from last season or a guy that finished 2 points outside of being in the top 5 scorers in the NHL. I mean....SURELY Jenner will be that guy....and everyone knows that all 1st round picks turn into world class scorers.

My goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Bwahahahahaha
Luckily age, contract and impact on the remainder of the roster are things that don't exist in real life, so you're absolutely right to be in disbelief.

EDIT:
Great, and thanks to this, my tone in my earlier post will be taken as sarcastic, which it wasn't meant to be. I would trade a CBJ 7th round pick for Rozy.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
I feel like the proposed Atkinson and 1st is a good base if Chicago had to move Sharp to get under the cap... but they don't.
Not even close ... Sharp is a bargain $ wise. Skill wise there aren't too many 30-35 goal scorers that get Selke Consids. I know his age, but he has a lot of good hockey left.

The only teams that would want him are teams contending. That means their 1st Round pick is not going to be very high ...

Intense Individual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
If that's his price, the Jackets should move on.
That's the price for a premium player ... we are glad you would move on ...

Old
07-07-2014, 02:16 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Luckily age, contract and impact on the remainder of the roster are things that don't exist in real life, so you're absolutely right to be in disbelief.

EDIT:
Great, and thanks to this, my tone in my earlier post will be taken as sarcastic, which it wasn't meant to be. I would trade a CBJ 7th round pick for Rozy.
not a chance in hell that would be enough to land Sharp no matter how you spin it. and I like Boone, have so for years...but this is just beyond laughable.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
... your choice. Still emphasize that a player like Sharp does not come with a price tag of a 3rd liner and a 16-24 pick.

I am not saying RyJo here but Jenner is not going to do it with a token first rounder gift wrapping him. We have enough Boone Jenners ...

Old
07-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

oy vey. I get that maybe Jackets fans might be salty about the Johanson proposal, but not for Jenner and a 1st? That is so laughably insular I can't even counter that.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
... and Cam Atkinson I would not be interested in at all. So, it sounds like it is somewhere between Atkinson/Foligno/Jenner and Ryan J.

CBJ are not a good trading partner to me. Have some good young talent, but for this trade, nobody fits the Hawks imo.

Old
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Individual View Post
Not even close ... Sharp is a bargain $ wise. Skill wise there aren't too many 30-35 goal scorers that get Selke Consids. I know his age, but he has a lot of good hockey left.

The only teams that would want him are teams contending. That means their 1st Round pick is not going to be very high ...
1) I'm a hawks fan so don't try to sell Sharp to me... I love that beautiful man.
2) I live in Columbus and went to every home game except 1 this past season (playoffs included) so I know Atkinson pretty well and how he would fit with the hawks.
3) I said base for a reason; I don't think Atkinson and a 1st would get it done, but it's a very very good starting point if the hawks needed or wanted to move Sharp.
4) I then reminded people that the hawks do not need or want to move Sharp.

sooooooo ya calm down you Intense Individual, you.. (see what I did there?)

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I love Cam Atkinson

& have been a Hawks fan my entire life, which is now possible again with CBJ in the East: I personally would give Cam, next years 1st & 2nd picks plus one of the young defensemen (Goul or Erixon) for Sharp.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
1) I'm a hawks fan so don't try to sell Sharp to me... I love that beautiful man.
2) I live in Columbus and went to every home game except 1 this past season (playoffs included) so I know Atkinson pretty well and how he would fit with the hawks.
3) I said base for a reason; I don't think Atkinson and a 1st would get it done, but it's a very very good starting point if the hawks needed or wanted to move Sharp.
4) I then reminded people that the hawks do not need or want to move Sharp.

sooooooo ya calm down you Intense Individual, you.. (see what I did there?)
================================================== =

I like what you did!!! Hopefully you are a chick though ... we agree that RyJo is not the answer and neither is Cam Atkinson ... Jenner hits a spot for some. But not for me ... probably not the greatest trade partners ...

Old
07-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Intense Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
& have been a Hawks fan my entire life, which is now possible again with CBJ in the East: I personally would give Cam, next years 1st & 2nd picks plus one of the young defensemen (Goul or Erixon) for Sharp.
hhhmmmm .... interesting ... I live in Ohio and see a few Jackets games. See a bunch on TV. In my opinion, they need somebody like Sharp. A vet sniper ... maybe 2, to put them over the top. Which I would like ... buit not love : )

Old
07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Individual View Post
================================================== =

I like what you did!!! Hopefully you are a chick though ... we agree that RyJo is not the answer and neither is Cam Atkinson ... Jenner hits a spot for some. But not for me ... probably not the greatest trade partners ...
If the Hawks want to shed salary and collect picks, the Jacket might be able to help. Otherwise, probably not.

By the way, he's not!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 03:49 PM
monochrome

Sharp is easily a 50 point getter. And thats being modest because he is usually 60 or higher. Yes he is getting up there but if you want a cup contending player right now, he is a great bet. If the jackets want a guy to push them closer to the playoffs, he is your man. I don't understand why a Sharp, Rozsival + 2016 first for Ryan Johansen would be so "laughable".

monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 04:31 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
...I don't understand why a Sharp, Rozsival + 2016 first for Ryan Johansen would be so "laughable".
You're right, it's not laughable, but it's also nothing the Jackets would do. Sharp is a very good player and they'd love to have him in Columbus...next to Johansen, not in his place. Sharp is 32, Rozsival, for whom the Jackets have no use, is 35, and who knows what a '16 pick from Chicago would be worth. Though I suspect, with what's already there plus RyJo, it won't be very high! I just don't see it.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Jimmys7

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
Sharp is easily a 50 point getter. And thats being modest because he is usually 60 or higher. Yes he is getting up there but if you want a cup contending player right now, he is a great bet. If the jackets want a guy to push them closer to the playoffs, he is your man. I don't understand why a Sharp, Rozsival + 2016 first for Ryan Johansen would be so "laughable".
It's laughable because when Johansen is hitting his prime, Sharp is going to be hanging up his skates. There is no use for Rozsival, and your current roster plus Johansen equals one of the last five picks of the first round.

Jimmys7 is offline   Reply With Quote