HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you be happier without Bolland?

View Poll Results: Would you be happier with UFA period if Tallon had not signed Bolland?
YES.... Bolland will not help enough damage from terrible contract. 32 40.00%
NO.... No worries. The team has plenty of cap space. Bolland will help. 48 60.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-06-2014, 12:33 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
I wish we could go back to the days where contract terms were never disclosed.

I couldn't care less how much these players are paid. A good team full of overpaid players looks no different to me than a good team full of underpaid players. Only on HFBoards can you find fans who'd rather ice a less competitive team (Drew Shore lol?) just so that everyone can be getting paid what HFBoards thinks they're worth. Only three people need to care about what Dave Bolland makes: Bolland, Tallon and Viola.

1) This team isn't going to spend to the cap.
2) The free agents you want don't want to sign here.
3) Bolland makes the team better.

If Bolland signed for 1 mil per year everyone would be calling Tallon the biggest genius in the world yet the on ice product is exactly the same as it would have been in that fantasy land scenario.

The only real criticism of this signing is that it nudges the team further away from the McDavid / Eichel sweepstakes, but thankfully not by much.
Bingo.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 12:43 PM
vendetta

vCash: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
(mod edit: deleted)

It's not surprising that you overvalue checking line players considering that we had this same conversation last year about Kopecky. You made it seem like Kopecky was irreplaceable only to watch other guys step up in his absence and produce even more.

It's questionable how productive Bolland can be. He's had his fair share of injuries. Leafs fans say he had trouble moving to his left last year. No way in hell is he worth a $5.5 million dollar cap hit. I don't feel the need to justify the absurd contract.

You thinking that we'd get obliterated with Barkov, Bjugstad, and Trocheck is your opinion. I can tell you that if we'd get obliterated with those three, it's going to be the same **** with Bolland. Bolland isn't a significant upgrade/difference maker. If you really think that, you should stop drinking the kook-aid perhaps.

It's funny how you and some of the others defending the move keep talking about what Bolland brings without any statistical evidence to back it up. You keep talking about his grit and intangibles like you're writing a love letter. I'd rather stick to objectivity.
We'll u we're one of the people *****ing last year that the team didn't try hard enough and had no heart hustle and was too soft... So we sign a guy that rectifies that and now u ***** that we sign someone that has grit and heart and intangibles that we sorely lacked... Yes I value players like kopecks and bolland cause if u have enough of those guys on a team it holds everyone accountable for effort and compete level... If u don't understand that or value that then that's your prerogative but I know the value those guys hold in a dressing room and in the ice... I've played a very high level and have a lot of friends that still play there and despite some opinions in these boards that being a "winner" and having leadership and intangibles doesn't matter, we'll it does big time... And the panthers have lacked it for too long.... Is bolland overpaid? He'll yes I don't think anyone disputes that but until it prevents us from other signings or trades or signing our own players, which it hasn't yet and doubt it ever will, I could give a **** about what viola spends... Our team is miles better with him then without and that's all anyone should care about... No trocheck shore or any of our youngsters are not better or even close to as good as him right now... Maybe in 2 years they will be but then we have a problem of too many good player? Sounds good to me

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Dr Beinfest

I would argue that Shore and Trochek are decent in comparison to Bolland. Shore on the defensive side, and Trochek offensively.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Juggernaut27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I would argue that Shore and Trochek are decent in comparison to Bolland. Shore on the defensive side, and Trochek offensively.
Whhhhhat...?

I love Vinny and Shore and think they both have great upside but neither one of them is a veteran 2/3C with rings and a cup winning goal on their résumé and a .5 ppg track record.

This means our young guys can stay in the A and go win a cup there (one can dream) while Bolland hopefully shoulders the load here.

I know we gave the guy too much money and too long a deal but he's better than probably all our C's except Barky. I'd like to see Bjugstad stay at 2C but I have a feeling Bolland starts the year there.

Juggernaut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Grit and intangibles doesn't show up in stats.
Sure it does, particularly grit. Gritty players end up with lots of blocked shots (see Weaver, Mike), lots of hits (see Gudbranson, Erik), and often a lot of PK time (see Goc, Marcel). That will show up in the stat sheet easily.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 02:45 PM
kelsier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
We'll u we're one of the people *****ing last year that the team didn't try hard enough and had no heart hustle and was too soft... So we sign a guy that rectifies that and now u ***** that we sign someone that has grit and heart and intangibles that we sorely lacked... Yes I value players like kopecks and bolland cause if u have enough of those guys on a team it holds everyone accountable for effort and compete level... If u don't understand that or value that then that's your prerogative but I know the value those guys hold in a dressing room and in the ice... I've played a very high level and have a lot of friends that still play there and despite some opinions in these boards that being a "winner" and having leadership and intangibles doesn't matter, we'll it does big time... And the panthers have lacked it for too long.... Is bolland overpaid? He'll yes I don't think anyone disputes that but until it prevents us from other signings or trades or signing our own players, which it hasn't yet and doubt it ever will, I could give a **** about what viola spends... Our team is miles better with him then without and that's all anyone should care about... No trocheck shore or any of our youngsters are not better or even close to as good as him right now... Maybe in 2 years they will be but then we have a problem of too many good player? Sounds good to me
Think you got a little carried away there.

kelsier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 02:49 PM
vendetta

vCash: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsier View Post
Think you got a little carried away there.
I meant prospects that aren't in the nhl now..

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote