HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jacob Markstrom - uncertain future with VAN

Old
07-07-2014, 11:33 AM
LolClarkson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Kind of a crazy suggestion. The truth is the trade value of Markstrom is such a low priority in comparison to trying to sign a UFA like Miller. I would hazard a guess that they did not consider what impact they have on Markstrom's trade value as I don't think they really care.

Who cares if he drops from a 3rd rounder to a 5th rounder? Seriously. Who cares?
Even if a team trades for him, they would have to waive him to get him down to the farm. Where he will get picked possibly. The Canucks are better off waiving him then trading. If they trade him, they can't claim him again.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 11:47 AM
ginner classic

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Davos View Post
Even if a team trades for him, they would have to waive him to get him down to the farm. Where he will get picked possibly. The Canucks are better off waiving him then trading. If they trade him, they can't claim him again.

For sure he has more trade value once he makes it through waivers to the AHL than he does right now. I'm not sure his agent is giving him great advice. Most teams looking at him would be expecting more development time in the AHL.

ginner classic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 11:59 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

I think he'll be claimed

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Ho Borvat

Could Markstrom be loaned to a European club?

I know Chicago sent Huet over to Switzerland for a year, so I am wondering if Vancouver could loan hin over there (he gets paid, and gets to be a starting goalie) and Vancouver can hope there is interest in him.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 01:34 PM
vadim sharifijanov
free higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Panthers already had a deal in place to trade Thomas to Dallas. Be that as it may, my point was that the Nucks misbelieved that their coaching guru could turn Jacob around in short order.
actually, the truth is the GM believed that with some quality development time with a new coaching staff, markstrom might have become a viable option. then the GM got fired and the new guy either didn't share that opinion or doesn't think he wants to invest the time to find out whether there's anything to salvage.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
strongbad

I would think he'd get claimed. Someone will take a flyer on him, at least for half a season, try him out with routine starts as a backup. If it doesn't work out, they'll put him back on waivers.

strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
I would think he'd get claimed. Someone will take a flyer on him, at least for half a season, try him out with routine starts as a backup. If it doesn't work out, they'll put him back on waivers.
To do so they would have to jettison the backup they have now. What team looks likely to do that?
I've heard Winnipeg mentioned but they have their own version of Markstrom, who they just re-signed in Hutchinson. Just about every team has their own version of Markstrom as far as i can tell.

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 04:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Bryzgalov is still unsigned, so this guy may pass through waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
To do so they would have to jettison the backup they have now. What team looks likely to do that?
I've heard Winnipeg mentioned but they have their own version of Markstrom, who they just re-signed in Hutchinson. Just about every team has their own version of Markstrom as far as i can tell.
Dallas signed Lindback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
islanders
Snow is always sniffing the wire for waiver casualties. Though Ocho Cinco has signed for 2 years.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote