HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Evander Kane

Old
07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Benjamin
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀

vCash: 133
Are we talking about Kane or Perry? Lol.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:50 PM
AWSAA

vCash: 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceccles View Post
James Neal did not request a trade he is older but still played on the top line. In return was nick spalling and Patric hornquist.. That is his value.
Everyone pretty much agrees that was a bad trade for the Pens. It's not really comparable though. Pittsburgh could trade for a short-term piece like Hornqvist as they're trying to contend now. Winnipeg is still years away.

AWSAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:52 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
I hate to suggest the Schenns for Kane, but. . .

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAA View Post
Ryan ended up fetching a top ten pick, a prospect who was 2 years removed from being selected in the 1st round, and Silfverberg whose perceived potential/value was inflated last summer.
I wouldn't trade Kane for that package, but I haven't even seen a proposal that even comes close to it so far.
It wasn't a top ten pick at the time. Let's not say that.

The deal was 1st + former first rounder Stefan Noesen (21st Overall) + Jakob Silfverberg

I highly doubt the Senators would be adding as much as they did if pick was top ten.
You should take in to account Ryan was the better player at the time. Before the trade he had 4 30+ goal seasons.

Kane would without a doubt be worth less than Ryan at the time.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Spezza asked for a trade which shot down his value, he got chiason karlson and a couple of "ahl lifer" prospects. James Neal did not request a trade he is older but still played on the top line. In return was nick spalling and Patric hornquist.. That is his value. Bobby Ryan's return was a 1st round pick Stefan noesan and jakub silverberg. Kane hasn't played the top line he is a second liner right now. He still had his best years ahead of him, 22 yrs old, physical and determined to keep in shape in the off season.
Being late for a practice and being cocky on Instagram will scare off other gms. It's a known fact look at boston. Seguin could of been traded for a much higher price
Do you know how many players in the league have scored more goals than Kane 5v5 over the past three seasons?

Look that up, then come back to me and tell me that he isn't a first liner.

Seguin returned one of the best wingers in the game. Before the shortened season, Eriksson had scored >70 points three straight seasons, while being known as one of the best two way wingers in the game. Seguin DID NOT get sold low just because Eriksson had two concussions this season with Boston.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Mr Positive
Finish the job Chia!

vCash: 1250
I don't buy that Kane would be on the block for attitude reasons. If anything, it's just that he's the only valuable player without a NMC (except for Trouba I guess, but he's practically untouchable).

They struck out this offseason. The rest of their division got stronger and they only added Perrault. It makes sense to put Kane on the block but only if the return makes them more competitive today.

The return for Kane has to be a top six center on a good contract. That's the only return that would make trading him worth it.

Mr Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Do you know how many players in the league have scored more goals than Kane 5v5 over the past three seasons?

Look that up, then come back to me and tell me that he isn't a first liner.

Seguin returned one of the best wingers in the game. Before the shortened season, Eriksson had scored >70 points three straight seasons, while being known as one of the best two way wingers in the game. Seguin DID NOT get sold low just because Eriksson had two concussions this season with Boston.
Can you prove to me that he can score 30 goals on a 1st line against top defenders? Look that up.

Ceccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 04:57 PM
AWSAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
It wasn't a top ten pick at the time. Let's not say that.

The deal was 1st + former first rounder Stefan Noesen (21st Overall) + Jakob Silfverberg

I highly doubt the Senators would be adding as much as they did if pick was top ten.
You should take in to account Ryan was the better player at the time. Before the trade he had 4 30+ goal seasons.

Kane would without a doubt be worth less than Ryan at the time.
Kane's younger, has more term, and there's no rush to move him like there was with Ryan. Plus he didn't have the luxury of feeding off of Getzlaf & Perry. If the Jets are forced to move Kane in 2 years time it's a better comparison.

Last edited by AWSAA: 07-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old
07-06-2014, 05:00 PM
cneely

Quote:
Can you prove to me that he can score 30 goals on a 1st line against top defenders? Look that up.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...063782012.html

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
I ask you to look up to see how many players have scored more goals 5v5 over the past three seasons (he's top 10 in goal scoring for wingers 5v5, and we have another LW ahead of him from the Jets, which is why he's not on the first line), and you counter by asking me to look up a hypothetical scenario?

Do I even need to explain to you why this is a ridiculous way to argue?

Old
07-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
He scored 30 goals on the second line. Also seguin has way more value than Eriksson. Seguin has 15 solid season ahead of him. Loui Eriksson is 28 and plays on the 2nd line

Old
07-06-2014, 05:09 PM
BigRig4

This is what every thread comes down to, illogical fans prefer hypothetical projections that they made up in their head vs. Proven stats players have actually put up. Look at players with comparable stats got and then look at their return, it's really that simple. No matter which way you wanna slice it, Bobby Ryan has similar stats, and you will get equal or worse value than what he got.

BigRig4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:09 PM
cneely

Quote:
He scored 30 goals on the second line. Also seguin has way more value than Eriksson. Seguin has 15 solid season ahead of him. Loui Eriksson is 28 and plays on the 2nd line
So are you saying that he couldn't have scored 30 on a top line with better linemates and more ice time?
Not sure what seguin and eriksson have to do with this?

Old
07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
AWSAA

Quote:
That is true, but Boston was already a contender. They could afford to trade for an older player who might help them win another Cup or two. Winnipeg isn't in the same position so it's not a very good model for a Kane proposal.

Last edited by AWSAA: 07-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old
07-06-2014, 05:11 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig4 View Post
This is what every thread comes down to, illogical fans prefer hypothetical projections that they made up in their head vs. Proven stats players have actually put up. Look at players with comparable stats got and then look at their return, it's really that simple. No matter which way you wanna slice it, Bobby Ryan has similar stats, and you will get equal or worse value than what he got.
I think Ryan and Kane are very comparable players.
I think Ryan is probably a little more skilled, but Kane's compete level is much higher.

Old
07-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Kane's younger, has more term, and there's no rush to move him like there was with Ryan. Plus he didn't have the luxury of feeding off of Getzlaf & Perry.
Kane most certainly does not hold more value than Ryan held at the time of his trade.

Kane does have more term but he has yet to truly live up to the expectations given to him and put up those 30 goal seasons since signing his contract.

Having good linemates should not be used against Ryan, If anything succeeding and having chemistry with good players should be a plus. Since Ryan left, the Left wing of Getzlaf and Perry seems to be filled by a revolving door of players: Maroon, Penner, Belesky, Devante Smith Pelly, etc...

Kane is indeed younger than Ryan at the time of the trade but Ryan proved himself as consistent 30 goal scorer at the time. Something that Kane has yet to show.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig4 View Post
I have been saying evander Kane will get basically the same return from the bobby Ryan trade this whole time, probably an extra pick 2nd round pick because Chevy isn't being rushed to trade him. But Ryan didn't have issues with his Instagram and didn't show up late to a practice

Old
07-06-2014, 05:15 PM
cneely

Quote:
I have been saying evander Kane will get basically the same return from the bobby Ryan trade this whole time, probably an extra pick 2nd round pick because Chevy isn't being rushed to trade him. But Ryan didn't have issues with his Instagram and didn't show up late to a practice
Kane also didn't have a well known GM questioning his compete level.

Old
07-06-2014, 05:15 PM
FanHabtic*

Gallagher + Fucale + Thrower for Kane (with 10% retention).

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:16 PM
pondnorth

This is getting worse every day. If Kane is so bad of a player with negative issues WHY is every teams fan base so interested in trading for him on the cheap.Winnipeg is not TO so drop it already.Not going to happen.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
That is true, but Boston was already a contender. They could afford to trade for an older player who might help them win another Cup or two. Winnipeg isn't in the same position.
Boston wouldnt do that trade because they could afford to lose him for a second liner. We all know his value was dropped because of his attitude in boston

Old
07-06-2014, 05:19 PM
JC Numminen
#goldrush

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
This is actually very interesting. I love Gallagher, and would love him as a Jet. We don't really have a need for Fucale, or Thrower as a RHD.

I dont know about this one. Chevy would listen, IMO.

JC Numminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
pondnorth

Quote:
Yes your 11 total all time posts have been about how little Kane is worth.Seems like it is something personal for you and not reality whatsoever.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
We don't need Fucale.

Old
07-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Kane also didn't have a well known GM questioning his compete level.
And what does this have anything to do with me saying that Kane's value is like Ryan's. My point was that teams don't like disgruntled players. I mentioned the seguin trade as an example of that