HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Mats is gone

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Verbal Kint*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
FYI ..

Mats has 3 years left on his deal, however on your lower cap hit thought.. He only actaully will make $4.5 mil in year 3 of that deal ..

So any future extension you would think would be at that amount or lower depending on how Mats holds up at 37 then .. IMO
I'm pretty sure it was a $9 million deal for the entire length of the contract. If not, that $4.5 million wouldn't have any effect anyways since the entire length of a contract is average for a year to year cap hit.

Old
09-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Can you tell me the lottery numbers, Miss Cleo?
Truth hurts eh ????

Old
09-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
I'm pretty sure it was a $9 million deal for the entire length of the contract. If not, that $4.5 million wouldn't have any effect anyways since the entire length of a contract is average for a year to year cap hit.
Nope because if you look Mats contract minus the 24% would have be 6.8 mil ..but for cap purposes he counts less .. The only way that is possible with "averaging counting as cap hit" is if the last year is much less then the other two ..

Right on the last point .. but my point was that Mats only makes real money $4.5 or 4.8 or something like that in year 3.. So when he gets a new deal ..asking price would be based on real $$$ not Cap hit, which would have been a bit over $6 mil in all 3 years ..

Old
09-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Truth hurts eh ????
It's not the truth. It's a little fantasy in your heard.

Hey, who wins the Stanley cup in the next three years? I mean, you said that Samsonov would be in blue and white, and that the Bruins would be first round exits once again.

Old
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
It's not the truth. It's a little fantasy in your heard.

Hey, who wins the Stanley cup in the next three years? I mean, you said that Samsonov would be in blue and white, and that the Bruins would be first round exits once again.
I don't have a heard !!!.. You mean my Posse ?? .. cause that's what all the cool kids are calling it these days ...

Bruins have had first round exits every year .. I wouldn't exactly say I'm going out on a limb here to predict "Same old ..Same old" .. in beantown .. perhaps once they break that losers trend they have going , I will change my opinon ..

Old
09-12-2005, 10:24 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Keep dreaming.

Here is a Thornton link that you'll be seeing in 3 years and there's notthin you can do about it......Our Ontario Boy is coming home!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...on&hubName=TOR

Closed Thread