HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Green for futures

Old
07-08-2014, 04:32 AM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Remember the Burns trade. Return should be similar.
Probably closer to the Ehrhoff trade then the Burns trade.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 04:34 AM
HaleyDestroyedNurse
2 People

vCash: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capathetic View Post
The Caps likely have no interest in Kindl. The prospect is also meh and not going to put up the 50 pts a healthy Green is a lock for if not more due to a contract year.

Now with the added depth on defense the Caps will look to Green for offense first and it's a role he thrives in. The point I think a lot of Wings fans are missing is that if the Caps don't get a return capable of comparable production 50ish pts then there is no need to help upgrade the Red Wings just because you lack right handed ppqb's.
Green hasn't put up more than 50 points in 4 years and has only done so 3 times since entering the league in 2005.

Green also faced a significantly lower QoC this last year than he ever had in the last 5 years.

Green also played only 9% of his team's PK time this last year, which was about 30 Seconds each game while playing over 50% of his team's PP time. What's also astonishing is his lack of defensive presence and the fact that he's such a non-factor when WSH is SH, even though he was one of their only 3 top4 quality defenseman last year.

Green also has an expensive salary and it will be tough for cap-strapped teams to take him on.

HaleyDestroyedNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Capathetic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
So a guy who hasn't scored 50 in the past 4 seasons is a lock to lol? Ok. And only once in those 4 seasons has he even been on pace to break 50. And if you want to talk injuries, which I know you'll want too, what makes you think he'll suddenly be injury free now?

That "meh" prospect is the same one who was breaking records by Selanne in the Finish Elite League shortly after drafted and scoring more goals in his first season in NA than Nyquist or Tatar ever did in the same league.

And look who started the thread. It was a Caps fans. So if you want to get on "Wings fans" for missing the point, maybe you should look closer to home base first.
A lockout season which he was well on pace considering he led the league in goals as a defenseman and literally was playing the best hockey of his career when he snatched that goal lead at the tail of the season. Oh and his 48 points last season while being taken off his spot on the #1 power play by Adam Oates? Lol you think he couldn't get two points on that power play if given the role?

Don't kid yourself. Green can still score and has elite offensive skills which is exactly what a team would be acquiring him to do. Caps have a nice collection of right handed defenseman and you don't. I'll say it again. The Capitals have zero interest in trading a proven point producer to help a team it's likely in a playoff race with for a pile of quantity. If the deadline comes around and it's obvious an extension can't be worked out...then maybe the Caps consider the above offer.

You are aware that now Green will be getting favorable matchups with 2 better RH two way defenseman taking the load off of him? His minutes might get cut down some but he will be fresh and not forced into tough matchups where his mistakes show up.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Washington Capitals announce that Mike Green is in the plans moving forward despite their defensive signings today.
Wonīt be that easy... Heīs waaay overpaid at 6M per. Everyone knows that the Caps are tight in capspace, so thereīs that. I have to wonder if he isnīt a negative value right now ?!

If I was a Caps fan, I would be OK with 7th rounder coming back. Being a Pens fan, I would be OK with Caps keeping him.

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 04:54 AM
HaleyDestroyedNurse
2 People

vCash: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capathetic View Post
A lockout season which he was well on pace considering he led the league in goals as a defenseman and literally was playing the best hockey of his career when he snatched that goal lead at the tail of the season. Oh and his 48 points last season while being taken off his spot on the #1 power play by Adam Oates? Lol you think he couldn't get two points on that power play if given the role?

Don't kid yourself. Green can still score and has elite offensive skills which is exactly what a team would be acquiring him to do. Caps have a nice collection of right handed defenseman and you don't. I'll say it again. The Capitals have zero interest in trading a proven point producer to help a team it's likely in a playoff race with for a pile of quantity. If the deadline comes around and it's obvious an extension can't be worked out...then maybe the Caps consider the above offer.

You are aware that now Green will be getting favorable matchups with 2 better RH two way defenseman taking the load off of him? His minutes might get cut down some but he will be fresh and not forced into tough matchups where his mistakes show up.
Green had 38 points last year. Your stats are way, waaaay off.

Green already had his PK minutes decreased and was given less and less DZS. Also, Green was already getting "favorable matchups' with his lowered QoC, I'm not sure why you are saying he will be getting them starting this season.

HaleyDestroyedNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbefied View Post
Green had 38 points last year. Your stats are way, waaaay off.

Green already had his PK minutes decreased and was given less and less DZS. Also, Green was already getting "favorable matchups' with his lowered QoC, I'm not sure why you are saying he will be getting them starting this season.
You're right and 48 was to be 38. However he's a much better passer than Carlson and was clearly in Oates dog house as it's been documented a few times. It's not hard for a guy like him to pick up 12 points in a very short time if he's healthy.

How many defenseman have scored over 100 goals? That are active?

Its not worth discussing anymore. The Caps have certain needs and if not met he rides it out. Caps aren't handing a fan fave over to anyone until the writing is on the wall. They like their depth now.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 05:14 AM
capitalsrock

I'd do Tatar + Kindl

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 05:17 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I'd do Tatar + Kindl
For 1 year of 6M-ish injury-prone Mike Green? Itīs absolutely horrible for DET, but considering how horrible Ken Holland is right now.. probably not impossible

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 06:02 AM
searle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Wonīt be that easy... Heīs waaay overpaid at 6M per. Everyone knows that the Caps are tight in capspace, so thereīs that. I have to wonder if he isnīt a negative value right now ?!

If I was a Caps fan, I would be OK with 7th rounder coming back. Being a Pens fan, I would be OK with Caps keeping him.
You have literally no idea what you're talking about if you think Mike Green has negative value. If you were GM and you traded him for a 7th that would be your last day working anywhere near professional hockey above the level of Pee Wee.

A good comparison would be Tomas Kaberle, traded for a 1st round pick, conditional 2nd (awarded if the Bruins reached the finals, which they did) and Joe Colborne, who at the time was one of the best prospects the Bruins had, having just been on the AHL all star team (I may be wrong, but he was at least up there).

Green isn't going anywhere for less than a similar deal, a first round pick and a decent prospect or an NHL ready prospect, preferably a centre who would be looking to fill the 2nd line hole that hasn't been permanently filled for years. He has had a few more injuries than Kaberle but is younger - Kaberle was 32, Green is only 28.

Backlund deal isn't a bad starting point

searle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 06:06 AM
OVOXO*

Petry (1yr x 3mill) for Green?

OVOXO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 08:06 AM
txpd

Quote:

actually, were he ufa he would get more. again. bare basic facts. 8 NHL seasons. two seriously disrupted by injuries. 3 of the remaining 5 seasons he lead the NHL in goals by defense and as recent as 12-13.

I understand there is mike green hate out there but he's not waaay overpaid. not even close

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 08:10 AM
txpd

Quote:
For 1 year of 6M-ish injury-prone Mike Green? Itīs absolutely horrible for DET, but considering how horrible Ken Holland is right now.. probably not impossible
the caps are among the youngest teams in the nhl. this is something that is apparently not widely known. last season green was the most experienced caps defenseman.

what the caps don't need is to get younger.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Celly Hard

Quote:
Green hasn't put up more than 50 points in 4 years and has only done so 3 times since entering the league in 2005.

Green also faced a significantly lower QoC this last year than he ever had in the last 5 years.

Green also played only 9% of his team's PK time this last year, which was about 30 Seconds each game while playing over 50% of his team's PP time. What's also astonishing is his lack of defensive presence and the fact that he's such a non-factor when WSH is SH, even though he was one of their only 3 top4 quality defenseman last year.

Green also has an expensive salary and it will be tough for cap-strapped teams to take him on.
^ This, Green's production and value has dropped tremendously.. He simply wont garner anything near what fans would hope for. Maybe a decent defensive prospect and a mid round pick, as it's a large cap hit for the other team to be picking up. At this stage, Mike Green is a cap dump.

Last edited by Celly Hard: 07-08-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Celly Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Celly Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
actually, were he ufa he would get more. again. bare basic facts. 8 NHL seasons. two seriously disrupted by injuries. 3 of the remaining 5 seasons he lead the NHL in goals by defense and as recent as 12-13.

I understand there is mike green hate out there but he's not waaay overpaid. not even close
Yes he is, i know the truth hurts but you've got to accept it.

Celly Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:05 AM
cheesehead9099
nyquist EXPLOSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
To DET:
Green

To WSH:
Ryan Sproul
Landon Ferraro
Martin Frk
Hell to the no.

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:08 AM
cheesehead9099
nyquist EXPLOSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the caps are among the youngest teams in the nhl. this is something that is apparently not widely known. last season green was the most experienced caps defenseman.

what the caps don't need is to get younger.
The thread says Mike green for futures so that's what we're offering.

If the caps don't want to get younger, not sure what they could get as most roster players worth Green won't be for sale.

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Mike Green is not a comparable player to Brent Burns.
Offensive defensemen coming off their healthiest and most productive season in a few years, on the last years of their contract, and scoring at a 0.5PPG rate during the last three seasons. They are pretty damn comparable players, at the time of the Brent Burns trade.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
I actually see a obvious trade match with Washington and Calgary. Calgary has a dire need for a Right shot PP quarterback. Mike Green's age fits well with the teams plans. Also Green is from the area, and spends alot of his Summer in Calgary and area.

On top of all that, Calgary suddenly has Center's to spare both in the NHL and prospects. Although do to injury history and UFA after this year I don't think the offer would be super high.

My guess would be:

To Washington

Backlund
2nd Round pick (Likely looking like a 30-35 pick)

To Calgary

Mike Green

I might add a prospect from Calgary, but only if it was a B-C level prospect; ex. Ryan Culkin.
Calgary is nowhere near competing for anything but a lottery spot and shouldn't be sending out futures for 1 year of a player who can then hit UFA status.

Besides they've got Wideman as a Right handed PP guy.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
DanZ

Washington NEEDS Weiss

DanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:06 AM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead9099 View Post
The thread says Mike green for futures so that's what we're offering.
You're absolutely right, and there is absolutely no way that the Capitals are interested in acquiring futures for Mike Green. It makes zero sense for the Caps--who are in win-now mode and have an abundance of NHL defensemen (as well as defensive prospects), but are very light at when it comes to NHL-proven centers and left wings. They will look to address those needs at center and left wing by trading away a defenseman (and/or right wing + futures).

The thread says Mike Green for futures, and that's not going to happen. So.../end thread? Stop posting?

HeyMattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:07 AM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I'd do Tatar + Kindl
Sold!! That is if I were Ken Holland.

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:09 AM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
Washington NEEDS Weiss
If Weiss would waive his no trade clause I would offer him and Pulks, cant spell the rest of his name.

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

kindl, pulkinnen and a 2nd?

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

To Isles
Mike Green

To Caps
Josh Bailey

Caps get their center and Isles no longer have to give up a truckload of assets to get Keith Yandle. with JT, Grabo, Neilsen, Isles don't need Bailey.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Bizz
120% Banter

vCash: 50
Kennedy+Niemi straight up.

Bizz is offline   Reply With Quote