HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which players do you reckon will hit the 20 goal mark next season?

Old
07-08-2014, 09:04 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

vCash: 500
Everyone

EVREYONE

EnforceTheLaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I definitely think 33 is getting ahead of ourselves, but don't forget... in 2/3rds the amount of games he scored 5 more goals the season prior.

Also, that point about Sidney Crosby is so entirely irrelevant. You say that as though you benchmark Sidney as the greatest. Max Pacioretty scored 39, and was just a shade over half of Sidney's overall points output.
I don't think it's irrelevant to compare Crosby to the 33 goal mark. He is elite talent, it takes a lot of talent to get to 33 goals, look at the names that scored 33 goals last year. There isn't one player on there that I wouldn't consider a great player. Huberdeau will most likely be a great player, but 33 goals isn't something easy especially in today's NHL. I don't get why comparing Pats to Crosby is a bad thing? They both are high-caliber NHL players, yes of course Crosby is better than Pats but scoring 39 goals still makes you top-5 in goal scoring out of 750 players. Also, Crosby is the best NHL player at the moment.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Dr Beinfest

Well that's my point, you set the bar at Crosby as though only players like Crosby score 33 goals. You have to be good, but you don't have to be Sidney Crosby good.

Look, I agree with you, I just didn't think it was fair to toss out Crosby like his talent is the limiting factor on Huberdeau reaching that point.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I am not exposed

Quote:
Well that's my point, you set the bar at Crosby as though only players like Crosby score 33 goals. You have to be good, but you don't have to be Sidney Crosby good.

Look, I agree with you, I just didn't think it was fair to toss out Crosby like his talent is the limiting factor on Huberdeau reaching that point.
Hubs is more of a playmaker than a sniper.

If he gets 20 goals I will be delighted. I think he will get 17 or 18 this coming season.

I am not exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 11:12 PM
FrolikFan67

i think jokinen for sure if he's paired on the top line with barkov as we expect. bjugstad if he's playing in the top-6 all year long. depends on who else is paired with barkov, if its bergenheim and they do the all finish line, then perhaps him too, if its boyes then he could probably hit it. depends on what the lines are. assuming the lineup looks like:

Jokinen-Barkov-Boyes
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Fleischmann
Bergenheim-Bolland-Upshall

20-20+
---------
Jokinen (~24)
Boyes (~22)
Bjugstad (~23)

16-19
--------
Huberdeau (~18)
Fleischmann (~18)
Bergenheim (~17)
Bolland (~16)

11-15
--------
Barkov (~15)
Upshall (~12)

FrolikFan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:18 AM
StrangeVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
Everyone

EVREYONE

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:19 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner

vCash: 50
So much of this depends on the powerplay. Supposedly Gallant ran Montreal's, which wasn't very good, but if he takes Flash off the point there will be considerable improvement.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:40 AM
FlaPanthers11
Cats Are Coming?

Ok so my list would be:

Barkov's left winger
Barkov's right winger
Bjugstad
Huberdeau

FlaPanthers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 04:02 AM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

I see what you're saying, and I agree with you.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 04:18 AM
jrockett1096

Boyes and Bjugstad will be over 20 goals. Boyes has the shot and the hands and he just gets his goals. Bjugstad is a physical freak and he will continue to get better. He has all the tools to be at 20 or get even 30. Its all up to him.

Jokinen scored 21 goals playing with Malkin on his line last year and the last time he scored over 20 goals in his career was 5 years ago. There is no Malkin here and Barkov is no Malkin and no Crosby plays here either taking most of the defenses focus. He will find it tough to score on this team on a number 1 line. I see him with 15.

Barkov definetely has the ability but he is not a shoot first center and he still prefers to pass. I say 15-18 if he's healthy with double the assists.

Bergeinheim would probably have scored 20 goals playing all year healthy last year but he looks to be bumped off the Barkov line this year though I prefer he still play on it with Jokinen to give it some balance. If he's bumped down he gets 12-15 because he just works so hard and has a very solid overall game.

Flash and Huby are at 15 goals but it would not suprise anyone if flash got 20 goals because unlike Huby Flash has a real NHL shot though it was terribly inaccurate last year. If a lot of those whiffs by flash last year were on net he would had his 20 goals. Yes that's the bounce back for both. I still don't think much of Huberdeau. Never liked him as player when he got drafted, i like him less since and I stick by that. Poor physical tools in my book but I know he has his fans here. He passes well, and he is a good stickhandler but a average skater at best, poor acceleration, poor shot, poor balance, strength, board work and his offensive game is straight of junior and i just see the odds stacked all this is improved in just one off season. His lack of strength and balance is what holds a lot of his game back. I look forward to see this "new" Huberdeau all next year.

I think Bolland and Upshall are at 10-12 goals and the wildcard is Pirri. He is a little soft like a few of our wingers are on the boards but very good in open ice. He has a great quick shot, loves to shoot and we saw last year he can be very effective on the powerplay. He is the wild card for 15 goals if he makes the team or someone gets injured and gets top 6 minutes with a some power play time.

To recap I think Boyes and Bjugstad are at 20. Flash and Barkov will be the closest at 15-18 but one or the other could be at 20 though I think chances are flash does it because he shoots a lot more. Huby is at 15 with Bolland, Upshall and Bergy in the 10-12-15 goal range if healthy. All 3 of these guys have a bad injury history so this could lead to my wildcard Pirri coming in and getting time and scoring and getting 15 in garbage season time similar to last year.

jrockett1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 04:39 AM
AwesomePanthers
Maybe next season

Bjugstad, JJ, Barkov, Boyes and maybe Huberdeau/Flash.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 08:58 AM
BureCT22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickBjugstad View Post
Imo:

Boyes
Jokinen
Pirri

Close but just missing out:
Hubs
Bjugstad
Flash
I thought we had one of the best up and coming group of young players in the NHL. How come none are going to be 20 goal scorers in your mind? I would be concerned if Huby, Barkov and Bjugstad don't come close to it. That would be very concerning.

BureCT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 08:59 AM
BureCT22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Bjugstad, JJ, Barkov, Boyes and maybe Huberdeau/Flash.
we go from 1 to 6 in one year??? I hope so!!

Old
07-09-2014, 09:24 AM
BureCT22

Slow day at work, I put this together. This is a list since the Panthers came into the NHL of the total 20 goal scorers per season for the Panthers.

93-94: 1
94-95: 0 (Half Season)
95-96: 4 (Playoffs, Lost in Cup Finals to Colorado)
96-97: 2 (Playoffs, Lost in 1st Round to New York Rangers)
97-98: 2
98-99: 2
99-00: 3 (Playoffs, Swept in 1st round by New Jersey Devils)
00-01: 1
01-02: 2
02-03: 3
03-04: 2
No Season
05-06: 3
06-07: 4
07-08: 3
08-09: 3
09-10: 3
10-11: 3
11-12: 3 (Playoffs, Lost in 1st round game 7 vs New Jersey Devils)
12-13: 0 (Half Season)
13-14: 1
14-15: ???????????????????

Four players over 20 goals in a season is the most this franchise has ever had. Pavel Bure is the only player to record over 40 goals for this organization.

Looking back, Pavel Bure and Olli Jokinen are the two best goal scorers this franchise has ever had. We are patiently waiting for that consistent 30 goal guy. Will he ever come? Or will this team be offensively challenged until the day I die?

Old
07-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Huby only scored 9 goals last season, and 33 goals is a lot, Sidney Crosby only scored 36 last year. I'd max him out at around 25.
If the reports of him playing almost the whole season with a broken foot and the fact he had no off season training (because hip surgery) are accurate and with fully healed and full off season of training I believe he can do that next season

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
I don't see JJ putting up 20 goals on the Panthers. I'd say about 13+24 next season

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Shockley
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1065
I don't understand how 20 goals for Huberdeau is a long shot... He had 14 in 48 games in his Calder year which his pace at ~24 in 82 games.

2 seasons after and he can't hit that pace? He was playing injured last year. If he's healthy (75+ games) anything short of 20 goals is a disappointment to me.

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockley View Post
I don't understand how 20 goals for Huberdeau is a long shot... He had 14 in 48 games in his Calder year which his pace at ~24 in 82 games.

2 seasons after and he can't hit that pace? He was playing injured last year. If he's healthy (75+ games) anything short of 20 goals is a disappointment to me.
He definitely has the talent, but he has to prove that he can go out and do it. A full offseason of training will do him wonders. If he hits the gets a bit stronger, improves his conditioning, and goes hard to the net like he did his rookie year, there's no reason to believe he won't score 20.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
BureCT22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockley View Post

because of last season. He's not durable enough for a full season, he was horrible most of the season which is why his ice time kept going down.

Old
07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Shockley
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by BureCT22 View Post
because of last season. He's not durable enough for a full season, he was horrible most of the season which is why his ice time kept going down.
Sorry, but 1 season is not a good basis for the statement "He's not durable enough for a full season"

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 12:54 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Sacrilicious

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
If the reports of him playing almost the whole season with a broken foot and the fact he had no off season training (because hip surgery) are accurate and with fully healed and full off season of training I believe he can do that next season
Just curious if you have a link to the rumors about his broken foot? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 01:14 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Just curious if you have a link to the rumors about his broken foot? This is the first I'm hearing about it.
Not rumours, Tallon confirmed it in the end of the year media address. He played through a broken foot almost all year.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 01:21 AM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Not rumours, Tallon confirmed it in the end of the year media address. He played through a broken foot almost all year.
What good medical advice

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Acadmus
pastured mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickBjugstad View Post
Imo:

Boyes
Jokinen
Pirri

Close but just missing out:
Hubs
Bjugstad
Flash
Hubs, Barkov, Bjugstad, Pirri I consider most likely. Trochek, Jokinen, and Boyes I'd consider dark horses. Flash? Dunno...depends whether he clicks with new linemates.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 04:00 AM
kelsier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Which makes me wonder:
a) How can someone have a broken foot throughout a season
b) When he obviously wasn't playing good or contributing, why would they not let him recover instead
c) Is it really worth a risk a potential star player by setting him up on a stage where he could get hurt even more

Remember an interview of Huberdeau stating that he was fully recovered from the off-season surgery and that there wasn't any excuses regarding his performance.

Things look abit contradicting to me anyway.

kelsier is offline   Reply With Quote