HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Old Blackhawk Seasons

Old
07-08-2014, 06:33 PM
nbozich22

vCash: 500
Old Blackhawk Seasons

I am in possession of every master VHS from the 1984-1994 seasons, they were given away when they demolished Chicago Stadium, anyways, these have to be worth something right? Anybody have a clue where I should look to sell these?

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Blue Liner

That's pretty incredible. Wow. I would have to think there are a lot of people who would pay a lot of money for those.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Martin Riggs
Formerly Murphy 17

I'm intrigued. Not to sound like an idiot, but what exactly is a "master VHS"? Are these games on tape or something?

Last edited by Martin Riggs: 07-09-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Martin Riggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:21 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbozich22 View Post
I am in possession of every master VHS from the 1984-1994 seasons, they were given away when they demolished Chicago Stadium, anyways, these have to be worth something right? Anybody have a clue where I should look to sell these?

Try a site called ioffer. You'll see a number of vendors that sell old classic games on DVD. They would convert them from the VHS tapes and sell copies on DVD individually.

There is already a vendor who is selling Blackhawks playoff games going back to 1982 for $10.50 each.

Try asking the vendors what they would pay for the package, but shop around first. You could always convert them to DVD first and then sell them individually. It's a long process but once they're on DVD you can make copies quickly and sell multiple copies of the same game to different customers.

I bought some classic sports DVDs and wrestling ones there a few years ago and was satisfied. The only concern I have now is that they no longer seem to take PayPal and I haven't bought anything since then.

There are probably other sites too. Google old NHL games DVD and you may find some. Good Luck.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbozich22 View Post
I used to have a ton of those - especially from the early 80's. They weren't "masters" however they were the live satellite feeds - no commercials (we had a K/KU-Band satellite dish) but we gave them all away when we were getting rid of our VHS tapes. My dad knew a guy who liked to make "fight tapes" and those games from the mid-80's had some epic brawls so we just gave them to him.

That was back in the day when the Hawks home games weren't televised, so I'm sure some Hawks fans would get a kick out of them.... When I was a kid I used to watch those old games all the time in the summer to satisfy my hockey cravings.

You should upload them to youtube.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote