HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

James Reimer

Old
07-10-2014, 03:12 PM
01*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Not sure why you say this. Bernier is the better goalie....hands down, Reimer wants to start and has asked to be traded.....how is this managements fault? Maybe Reimer could have helped himself late last season by....i don't know....maybe winning a couple of games instead of sucking donkey ballzz.
this.

01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ripietro View Post
I have a couple of thought provoking questions regarding James Reimer.

1. Where do you think he will be after the march trade deadline/wheres the best fit?
2. What would be a fair deal in return?
3. How big of a cap hit does he deserve on his new contract?

Chances are he will be traded before march but at the latest the deadline.
Like everyone said, Winnipeg needs to upgrade their goaltending badly. Maybe a team like Anaheim/Edmonton/Calgary if their young/relatively unproven goalies can't get the job done.

We've seen that the goalie market is soft. Really the margin between a top flight goaltender and an average one is very thin (and fluctuates yearly). As far as value goes, I think a hockey trade will get made and a relatively established forward ends up in Toronto (a tweener 2nd line type).

I think an arbitrator hands him something in the 3 million range. I would hope Toronto can maybe sign him before to a 2x2.5 type deal.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:17 PM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnyks Mirage View Post
Phaneuf would have got 6.0 or 6.5 on the market and Clarkson allegedly took less than he would have been offered elsewhere.

Just saying. TO (and all teams) give bad contracts though. For TO I'd say the Muskoka V NTC were far more harmful to the Leafs future than 3/71s.
Phaneuf easily matches his deal as a UFA. In fact, I'd guess he probably does better. Someone like the Islanders or Avs or Panthers with money to burn would have gone to town and back bidding for him. That's just the reality of the new CBA when it comes to term limits and the increasingly shallow pool of UFAs.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Reacher Gilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
But Reimer has proven he can be a starter.
In the AHL?

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
But Reimer has proven he can be a starter. Gustav disown hasn't. Goalies are streaky in general year to year. Look at Varlamov. What about Price? Happens to almost all goalies..
But I didn't comment on Gustavsson being a starter, infact all my comments on him was based on him being a backup, not whatsoever hinting at him being better than Reimer or being an NHL starter.

Reimer might be able to be a starter, but he would be one of the absolute bottom ones. As I mentioned before, does any team want Reimer as their starter? God no. Is there a possibility of any club settling on him because he's pretty cheap and well, he might be the best of the rest at that point? Sure, it could happen.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote