HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Should the Jets push to move Kane before the season starts

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2014, 08:20 PM
who_me?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Kane seems very entertainment orientated. After going to clubs in big US cities, Winnipeg probably doesn't stack up.

A lot of NHLers are farm boys who enjoy the countryside and outdoor winter sports. So I wouldn't base all NHLers on guys like Kane and Phaneuf. They're probably in the minority.
Ah yes, the lure of American decadence... the same reason why Spezza wanted out of Ottawa and Luongo wanted out of Vancouver. At some point don't you think that it has something to do with how Canadian teams are run, their media, and ultimately their fans?

Old
07-08-2014, 08:25 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
Ah yes, the lure of American decadence... the same reason why Spezza wanted out of Ottawa and Luongo wanted out of Vancouver. At some point don't you think that it has something to do with how Canadian teams are run, their media, and ultimately their fans?
The media and fans in many American cities are just as harsh. In certain cities you'd be anonymous but not Philadelphia. Also since when are the flyers considered a well run organization?

Meanwhile, a lot of young people leave Edmonton. Not just hockey players.

Old
07-08-2014, 08:26 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#NukeDaFoxhole

...what's Montreal's new Ryder, Halak, & a 2nd??...oh, right:

Bourque, Budaj, and a 2nd

...and if Chevy's real nice on the phone, we'll throw in Moen...

Old
07-08-2014, 08:27 PM
alchemyindex
vereor nox

vCash: 113
Here's my take on things:

I'm a big Kane fan, and personally believe that he's been treated poorly by media and some fans (others, like myself, generally like the guy. There are lots of Kane jerseys in the MTS Centre). I'm not impressed by this interview, though. Most guys playing on a team have the brains to at least lie about their position and opinions. When the 1040 interviewer says, "now you're shaking your finger at me," Evander knows that he shouldn't have answered the way he did.

Does Kane want out of the Peg? Probably, and rightfully so. Media is always on his case about something or other, so if he isn't going to give everything to the team, let's trade him while his value is high. It sucks that he will likely tear the Jets to pieces if he were to play against them, his compete level is something special.

I'm not of the opinion "I don't care what you think, you're just here to play hockey." I want the players on the Jets to like it here, because cheering for guys that really put their heart and soul on the ice is a lot more fun.

Old
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroIshere View Post
Why exactly does he want to leave? Does he just not like the city of Winnipeg?

I mean no disrespect to the people who live there either I am just curious.
Must be a fan of The Weakerthans.

Old
07-08-2014, 08:32 PM
bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The media and fans in many American cities are just as harsh. In certain cities you'd be anonymous but not Philadelphia. Also since when are the flyers considered a well run organization?

Meanwhile, a lot of young people leave Edmonton. Not just hockey players.
since they've been one of the most competitively consistent franchises since they came into the league.

Old
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
plank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I bet he comes to MTL. We have a hole on the wing too.
then you'll definitely have an a hole on the wing

Old
07-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Jets
All hat, no cattle.

vCash: 920
M. Richards + D. King + 2015 1st for E. Kane + G. Clitsome + 2015 3rd

Old
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
MissionCanucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyindex View Post
Here's my take on things:

I'm a big Kane fan, and personally believe that he's been treated poorly by media and some fans (others, like myself, generally like the guy. There are lots of Kane jerseys in the MTS Centre). I'm not impressed by this interview, though. Most guys playing on a team have the brains to at least lie about their position and opinions. When the 1040 interviewer says, "now you're shaking your finger at me," Evander knows that he shouldn't have answered the way he did.

Does Kane want out of the Peg? Probably, and rightfully so. Media is always on his case about something or other, so if he isn't going to give everything to the team, let's trade him while his value is high. It sucks that he will likely tear the Jets to pieces if he were to play against them, his compete level is something special.

I'm not of the opinion "I don't care what you think, you're just here to play hockey." I want the players on the Jets to like it here, because cheering for guys that really put their heart and soul on the ice is a lot more fun.
A guy like Ladd wouldve told the rwporter to hit the road or atleast come up with some ready-made answer the way Kane did.

Old
07-08-2014, 08:55 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
Lets be honest... most Canadians do not want to live in winnipeg... Winnipeg is a tough city to sell to free agents.
Then why put a team there; for nostalgia, to be a farm club for the rest of the league?

Old
07-08-2014, 08:56 PM
MissionCanucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
No they should trade him now. The time to trade him to get full value is either at the draft or trade deadline, as of now most teams have their roster full and might have issues fitting him in under the cap so that will drive down his value due to demand
You make a good point and yes, deadline and draft days are usually the peak time for trades but the GM and media dont help the aituation one iota but constantly telling media circles that he will hold on until someone makes a good offer or dangles his name at the draft..."just to see whats there."

Now the players side is that he wants to work his @$$ off in the summer and be ready as he can be for his team but they dont necessarily want you and fans want you out too. This is a huge distraction in a dressing room and everytime a team loses 2 in a row.....guess what the hot topic becomes?

Old
07-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Mr Positive
just fix it, Chia

vCash: 1367
The Jets should do something before the season starts. It's going to be a long season otherwise.

Kane is a very valuable asset. Just don't do a quality for quantity swap

Old
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionCanucksFan View Post
You make a good point and yes, deadline and draft days are usually the peak time for trades but the GM and media dont help the aituation one iota but constantly telling media circles that he will hold on until someone makes a good offer or dangles his name at the draft..."just to see whats there."

Now the players side is that he wants to work his @$$ off in the summer and be ready as he can be for his team but they dont necessarily want you and fans want you out too. This is a huge distraction in a dressing room and everytime a team loses 2 in a row.....guess what the hot topic becomes?
Pavelec?

Please let it be Pavelec.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroIshere View Post
Why exactly does he want to leave? Does he just not like the city of Winnipeg?

I mean no disrespect to the people who live there either I am just curious.
I don't think it's the city at all. I think it's the fact that he's never been in the playoffs the entire time he's been with the franchise. He's an ultra competitive guy, even for athlete's standards.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
As a Kings can, i'd say that's decent, especially since we restocked our shelves this season. I don't know that Lombardi would be willing to part with Richards, though. Probably not, but it's a good deal.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah

vCash: 282
Jets will definitely move kane at the start of the season....

he will be move permanently on the 1st line with Schiefmaster and Wheelaa..

Ladd Little Frolik 2nd

odell perault kosmo on the sheltered but offensive 3rd line

enstrom buff back together again..

Old
07-08-2014, 09:17 PM
PM
Real Good Time

Quote:
Then why put a team there; for nostalgia, to be a farm club for the rest of the league?
Because Canadians are the top consumers of hockey and the NHL is a business. If the players don't want to play in Canada they can cry into their millions of dollars and take vacations in the summer like everyone else.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:20 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

I think he will be traded for an undewhelming return sometime this season and ill feel very vindicated.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
No More Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Man, this could actually work. Good job. Jets get more leadership in Richards while they already have Ladd, Byfuglien. Scheifele can wait and should play wing for now. D. King would also really improve their bottom 6.

Damn, LA's still found a way to get better with that awesome team they already have.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Semyon Says
grocery stick

vCash: 527
Quote:
because the fans pay money to go?
winnipeg has to overpay to get free agent players for a reason. The best thing to happened to edmonton is now they can say our city is more exciting than winnipeg... They have to deal with the same issue. I'm not saying the team will never be successful I'm just saying in comparison to pretty much any city in the nhl winnipeg gets the short end of the stick. A guy like kane wants to be in a city other than winnipeg and frankly i don't blame him...

Old
07-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Hard to be loyal to a team when they've been trying to trade you almost the second you started playing for them.

Old
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Ssudzzy

Kane sounds like a New York Ranger to me. Maybe Rick Nash wouldn't mind getting out of the spot light and Kane can put the puck in the net in the playoffs

Old
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Because True North bought the Thrashers, said they wanted to move them to Winnipeg and the NHL BoG approved

Old
07-08-2014, 09:36 PM
MissionCanucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssudzzy View Post
Kane sounds like a New York Ranger to me. Maybe Rick Nash wouldn't mind getting out of the spot light and Kane can put the puck in the net in the playoffs
Yes and Maybe Rick Nash would love to waive his NMC to go get eaten by mosquitos

Old
07-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Burnt Biscuits

A Kane for ROR deal as the principles makes sense to me, I think both teams would become better from it. The Jets as a team seem to be pretty close to being good enough to make the playoffs, I could see one unneeded distraction being enough to be the difference between making the playoffs and not making it. Kane is too good of an assett to move though if the deal in place doesn't make sense, for the team and it's more long range objectives, it's a tough balance.

Closed Thread