HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2014, 10:47 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhard View Post
Please don't. He'll probably pull the trigger on that. But at the rate he's going, he'll throw in Horvat and a 1st.
Kane is 22 and an established NHL scorer, with an edge. He's what we hope Kassian becomes, and is a year younger.

I wouldnt want to trade multiples of our top assets (Tanev, Kass, '15 1st, our past 4 1sts), but I would absolutely trade any one of them, plus one of our 2 backup goalies plus one of our spare bottom 9 forwards (Hansen, Burrows, Higgins, whatever)

a package of Jensen, Hansen, Lack and a 2nd would be a steal.

Old
07-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossram View Post
I'd offer Hamhuis + Hansen and maybe another piece. Jets have a need at LHD.

The only way to acquire elite young talent is when they have "character" issues. Jim Nill knows this. You can fix the issues. But you can't find young talent as easily.

Benning seems to place a lot of value on character though. Obviously didn't like Seguin. Can't see him trading for Kane. Long-term the Bruins are probably going to regret trading Seguin. You don't win when you trade away young, 1st line calibre players.

If the Canucks have an opportunity to jump on him at a price that isn't terrible, they should. But they won't.
hmm Kessel? Bruin won the cup soon after that trade. Seguin still did nothing in the playoffs. He is not Jaime Benn. Still do not know who won that trade. Reilley Smith is okay as well.

Old
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Some of these deals are pretty crazy... Shinkaruk, Hansen, and a 2015 1st is likely what we'd have to give up. For Kane, I'd make the deal. We aren't re-building, we're just trying to get younger while remaining competitive, this deal accomplishes that.

Old
07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Evander Kane is criminally overrated here.

He shouldn't be our target right now anyway.

Not the right building block to build on, assuming we'll be trading potential core players away to acquire him.

If he can be had without touching our top young players (Tanev, Kassian and Lack), top prospects (Horvat, Shinkaruk, and Virtanen), and our 2015/16 first, then I'd consider it.
You're over rating our prospects/picks. Shinkaruk is a nice prospect, but he was picked 24th overall and is coming off a serious shoulder surgery where he missed an entire season, he shouldn't be untouchable by any means.

What if a scenario happens where Shinkaruk busts and our 2015 becomes a 3rd line center, we'd look pretty stupid in not sending them as the center pieces for a 1st line player in Kane. Kane is a young 1st line player who is under contract long term, he plays a gritty game and is exactly the type of player we should be looking to acquire. Heck, even if Shinkaruk became a 20-35 guy it wouldn't be a terrible deal for us.

Old
07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Cocoa Crisp

Kane doesn't have the NTC that might make Vancouver a player in acquiring him.

There are plenty of other teams with better assets, and a need on the wings. FLA, for instance, could easily top Jensen, Hansen, Lack and a 2015 2nd without hurting their prospect pool much.

Old
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Free Kassian

If Benning/Linden think Kane is a good kid and his problems in Winnipeg were overblown, bring him in. Not like we have to have Sunday dinner with the guy.

Old
07-09-2014, 12:30 PM
TheWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
or maybe it's exactly what he said on 1040 yesterday: that he's bitter because he lives in a city where the media and community have railed on him from day one for not being jarome.
Kane said that? Cuz if Kane said that, then he probably shouldn't come here or he'll be railed on for not being Bertuzzi...

Old
07-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Proto

This keeps coming up. Botchford said a few weeks ago that Bennington Bear has "less than zero" interest in Kane. Not happening. Let it go. Let it goooooooooooooo.

Old
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Kane said that? Cuz if Kane said that, then he probably shouldn't come here or he'll be railed on for not being Bertuzzi...
not literally. he complained about the media speculating on him being moved out since he got there three years ago.

following what i've seen in the canadian media, and what some are saying on the jets board, he's being held to an unfair standard. that standard, obviously, has nothing to do with whether he is or is not as dominant as prime bertuzzi, and everything to do with how he does not carry himself like iginla does. (read btw the lines for the difference…)

but you're probably right that this media probably wouldn't be easy on him either. i don't know that he'd be treated in quite the same fashion as he apparently has been in winnipeg, but maybe i give our guys (and our city?) too much credit.

Old
07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Fork

i think evander kane is the most over rated player on hfboards

Old
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
topheavyhookjaw

I get that Benning doesn't want to take on players with character issues, but isn't the point of having a solid veteran group to be able to take on guys like that and trust that the locker room can handle it?

Old
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
StronGeer
No goalie talk

vCash: 1337
Just FYI as I wandered over here, if Kane is moved it will be for a solid offer including:

Young top 6 forward or top 4 D playing in the NHL already, locked up on decent term
High end NHL prospect
1st

It will likely not include:
Older players
Players UFA in a year or two
Goaltending prospects (We have Hutchinson, Hellebuyck, Comrie, Kasdorf, all high end G prospects)

Carry on.

Old
07-09-2014, 01:04 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork View Post
i think evander kane is the most over rated player on hfboards
He's a young first line winger, and a power forward. He's a very valuable (though not elite) player.

Old
07-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Kirk Mclean
The best there is...

I'd offer

(Any 1 of our first round selections from the past two years)
Lack
Bottom 6 fwd
3rd

Old
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Just FYI as I wandered over here, if Kane is moved it will be for a solid offer including:

Young top 6 forward or top 4 D playing in the NHL already, locked up on decent term
High end NHL prospect
1st

Older players
Goaltending prospects (We have Hutchinson, Hellebuyck, Comrie, Kasdorf, all high end G prospects)

Carry on.
I think that you may end up a bit disappointed on the return as I think that Kane's value has been somewhat hurt. Not saying it won't be a decent return but the character issues will probably impact the return.

Old
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
eternalcashflow
Kass hole

Quote:

High end NHL prospect
1st

Older players

Carry on.
Then he won't be moved (which wouldn't be surprising considering we're talking about the Winnipeg Thrash - er, Jets).

Old
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
keslerburrows

Burrows/Hansen, Jensen, Lack, 2015 1st would be max from me

Old
07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Burrows/Hansen, Jensen, Lack, 2015 1st would be max from me
not the 1st ...that's too much

i would try and protect that at all costs

Hansen, Jensen, Lack, 3rd would be fantastic ...but maybe not enough

Old
07-09-2014, 01:48 PM
StronGeer
No goalie talk

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I think that you may end up a bit disappointed on the return as I think that Kane's value has been somewhat hurt. Not saying it won't be a decent return but the character issues will probably impact the return.
That's what Chevy has stated he is expecting to receive in return. Given his reluctance to make trades, I'd be surprised if he moved a valuable piece like Kane for much less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcashflow View Post
Then he won't be moved (which wouldn't be surprising considering we're talking about the Winnipeg Thrash - er, Jets).
Just letting you know what it will take. Lack + 2nd rounder won't cut it.

Also, not sure what to make of the Thrashers comment. But ok.

Old
07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Trelane

Do not want.

Hopefully Benning was his usual transparent and honest self when he expressed no interest.

BUT. It they bite on Hansen, Jansen and Lack, I wouldn't say no.

Old
07-09-2014, 02:04 PM
vanwest

Quote:
That's what Chevy has stated he is expecting to receive in return. Given his reluctance to make trades, I'd be surprised if he moved a valuable piece like Kane for much less.

Just letting you know what it will take. Lack + 2nd rounder won't cut it.

Also, not sure what to make of the Thrashers comment. But ok.
I know what Chevy said.
The fact is that Kane will soon be out of Winnipeg. The writing is pretty much on the wall. The longer this goes on the uglier it will get.
Believe me as Canuck fans we've seen this movie before. There is no happy ending.

Old
07-09-2014, 02:20 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future

We can't afford to trade that first in the event that it is McDavid or Eichel. It would have to be top 5 protected.

Old
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntershin Karuk View Post
We can't afford to trade that first in the event that it is McDavid or Eichel. It would have to be top 5 protected.
can you do that in the NHL? like in the NBA, in the first year it's lottery protected, second year it's top 5 protected, third year it's top 1 protected, fourth year unprotected?

Old
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
biturbo19

Really not interested. Especially considering what it would realistically end up costing us in good young assets.

Too much immaturity all around, on and off the ice, and i'm just really not convinced that he's the sort of player you win with. Also think his play on the ice is a decent bit overrated.

Old
07-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Ace101

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
can you do that in the NHL? like in the NBA, in the first year it's lottery protected, second year it's top 5 protected, third year it's top 1 protected, fourth year unprotected?
You can the Islanders had their pick top 5 protected this year.

Closed Thread