HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Positional Swap: Baertschi for B. Bennett

Old
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Can we not trade Sven? Like, for 5 minutes.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Serac

vCash: 214
I love Baertschi and I'm not even a Flames fan
I don't know about a straight up trade for Bennett
I doubt the pens would trade Maatta or Pouliot
I can see maybe Harrington and a 2nd or so, but flipping prospects always seems silly

I don't see the Flames trading Sven

Serac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
I only offer him up for players that we need.

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Reinhart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
I only offer him up for players that we need.
What 'need' though?

Flames are about to start year 2 of 'the rebuild'. LOTS can happen between now and then. Remember when RW was by far the deepest position? Now it is arguably the weakest. Remember when the Flames had a possible 3 defencemen that were expected to make Team Canada? Look how quickly that disappeared as well.

You let the kids you draft develop and see where you are at as you are coming out of the rebuild. For all you know, the best available draft pick in the next 2 drafts will be RW'ers. Suddenly you will have to either draft a worse player to make sure you are 'balanced', or trade a RW'er because one of Gaudreau or Klimchuk didn't work out and need a LW'er again.

Trades to balance out the team will come when the rebuild is nearing completion. Up until that point, it is anyone's guess where the area of weakness is.

There are also some vets that are yet to be traded in the next couple of years as well, and I bet they get moved for prospects and/or picks. You just don't need to balance out the prospect pool this very moment. A LOT can change, and rather quickly at that!

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPenguins724 View Post

Makes no sense to me. F for F gets nothing done. We haven't seen enough of Beau yet to know.
Beau has performed well - when healthy. As for Baertschi, the talent is clearly there, and that is something the Pens are lacking on wing. I would be more open to trading a Dman for him. In respect to Flames fans though, I could understand why they would want to hold onto him.

Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
What 'need' though?

Flames are about to start year 2 of 'the rebuild'. LOTS can happen between now and then. Remember when RW was by far the deepest position? Now it is arguably the weakest. Remember when the Flames had a possible 3 defencemen that were expected to make Team Canada? Look how quickly that disappeared as well.

You let the kids you draft develop and see where you are at as you are coming out of the rebuild. For all you know, the best available draft pick in the next 2 drafts will be RW'ers. Suddenly you will have to either draft a worse player to make sure you are 'balanced', or trade a RW'er because one of Gaudreau or Klimchuk didn't work out and need a LW'er again.

Trades to balance out the team will come when the rebuild is nearing completion. Up until that point, it is anyone's guess where the area of weakness is.

There are also some vets that are yet to be traded in the next couple of years as well, and I bet they get moved for prospects and/or picks. You just don't need to balance out the prospect pool this very moment. A LOT can change, and rather quickly at that!
Especially considering their value will likely be higher when that time comes. The timing just isn't right to trade a guy like Baertschi.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Some of these guys have real hard-ons to trade the guy. Going back a year and a half ago, he was considered our best prospect by a mile; the great thing is... he's still as good of a prospect, but he's probably realistically 4th on the forward depth chart for prospects/young NHLers
(Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau, in no particular order).

Hold onto the guy; his development is looking eerily like Gustav Nyquists development, and we know how that went (you jump back a year ago and Red Wings fans were trying to move him like crazy for their weakness; D). He should make this team out of camp, or be the first recall from Abby this year. Absolutely no reason to toss the guy aside.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
What 'need' though?

This is a great post.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 03:18 PM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
This is a great post.
I agree, I actually had second thoughts when he posted that.

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Tavares91Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Demers for Baertschi? A lot of you are underrating Baertschi. Flames would need a top RW or defenseman back in return.
I don't think SJ would do that, would they?

Tavares91Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Country Mac
Violent Gents Unite

I liked what I saw from Bennett when he was healthy. He's basically slated into our top 6 next year, no reason to trade him for a guy about to make the jump from the AHL. Lateral move for us at best and Calgary shouldn't be giving up on a talent like Sven yet.

Country Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Riptide

Would pass on Baertschi. Not that BB has done a ton, but at least he's looked pretty good in the few chances he had at the NHL level. IF we could move a mid level D prospect (Dumo/Harrington) then sure (and I understand if Calgary isn't interested in that). But I'd rather just stick with BB.

07-09-2014, 06:57 PM
JCLiponfanboy*
Kubalik For Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan57 View Post
I don't think SJ would do that, would they?
Yeah imo Demers is worth more

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 07:02 PM
JohnnyGoodDro

Ya theres zero reason to trade Sven. A top 50 prospect. 0.5 ppg in the nhl so far and is still very young. Could still turn out to be the best of our prospect group. Just has to get his head straight. The talent is there.

JohnnyGoodDro is offline   Reply With Quote