HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2014, 04:09 PM
  #1001
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,320
vCash: 500
Let's take a stab at how they get it under the cap:

Keep all current signings, add Orpik at 5.5 and Barrie at 2.75:

Trade Hejda for futures
Buyout Wilson

ROR (6.0) - Duchene (6.0) - Iginla (5.33)
Landy (5.571) - MacK (.925) - Tanguay (3.5)
McGinn (2.95) - Mitchell (1.8) - Briere (4.0)
McLeod (1.15) - Talbot (1.75) - Winchester (.900)
Bordy (1.0)

Orpik (5.5) - EJ (3.75)
Stuart (3.6) - Barrie (2.75)
Holden (.600) - Redmond (.750)
Elliott (.850)
Guenin (.800)

Varly (5.9)
Berra (1.45)

Zanon (.750)
Wilson (.667)

Cap hit 68.243

henchman24 is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 04:30 PM
  #1002
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 47,451
vCash: 166
Yeah I guess that does work out, though it makes swapping Stuart for Hejda kinda pointless. Would Wilson's cap hit be that low in a buyout? And if they were that serious about swimming in the pool for a big fish defenseman why on earth not compliance buyout Wilson?

tigervixxxen is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 04:33 PM
  #1003
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAtHomeAv View Post
Lol. Right on cue. Typical, acuse someone of doing the thing you are doing before they say it to you. You made this childish a long time ago. And you have done nothing but run yourself in circles trying to continue to argue the small little details in hopes of blah blah blah.

FYI, you really should not talk about common sense. Anyone who has played competitive sports. He'll, anyone who has followed it for just a few years, knows that hardly anything is set in the offseason. Especially not the middle/bottom of he lineup. But keep hanging your hat on the idea that Briere waiving his no trade clause proves that we made playing time promises. It can't possibly mean anything else, huh? No way does he waive it for any other reason. I mean, he was obviously so happy in Montreal. We probably even promised him Duchene's spot. Why else would he come here.

And on that note, once again, how do you know why Briere waived his no trade clause? Why do you keep dodging this? You keep stating this as fact, yet completely ignore the question.

And once again, how do you know what Hayes is looking for? How do you know he is looking for a place he can jump into the top 6 or 9 immediately? Why do you keep ignoring this question.

The tiny details? You mean the details that started off saying that we don't have an open spot in the top 9 and Hayes does not have a healthy shot at cracking our top 9 compared to 'if someone is better he (Briere) will he on the 4th line'. The entire argument was that Hayes would not be able to crack the top 9 here. Then you finally say Briere will be on the 4th if there is someone better. That is completely back tracking and going against the entire premise of your argument that Hayes would not be able to make our top 9. And now you are back tracking again to make it about the start of camp instead of just being able to crack the top 9 in general.

So now camp means nothing? No matter what happens in camp the only way for someone to move up the depth chart is by doing it during he season? Ok, if you say so. I guess camp is nothing but a glorified tea party, huh?
I've tried to have a normal conversation on this from the beginning, and you've had an attitude the whole time because I haven't agreed with what you're saying. The way you've approached this conversation and have tried to ramp it up into something personal has clearly defined what you are and your intentions on this site so I have no interest in your nonsense any further.

Mystic MacK is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 04:43 PM
  #1004
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Yeah I guess that does work out, though it makes swapping Stuart for Hejda kinda pointless. Would Wilson's cap hit be that low in a buyout? And if they were that serious about swimming in the pool for a big fish defenseman why on earth not compliance buyout Wilson?
Who knows... the whole thing is weird. Either Roy and Sakic had bigger plans, or how close it was is being blown out of proportion.

I have a sinking feeling that Roy isn't as high on Hejda as most people are.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 04:55 PM
  #1005
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 47,451
vCash: 166
Anyone Roy hasn't had a direct hand in signing/keeping I definitely think is fair to wonder about.

tigervixxxen is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 05:15 PM
  #1006
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Who knows... the whole thing is weird. Either Roy and Sakic had bigger plans, or how close it was is being blown out of proportion.

I have a sinking feeling that Roy isn't as high on Hejda as most people are.
I'm not sure about that. What I am sure about is that moving the puck is important for our system. Hejda can't move it well. Guenin can't either, and Roy signed him up.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 05:24 PM
  #1007
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I'm not sure about that. What I am sure about is that moving the puck is important for our system. Hejda can't move it well. Guenin can't either, and Roy signed him up.
Well... the plan for Stuart is to replace Hejda on the top pairing (already getting demoted), and it seems like they might have tried to bring in Orpik as well (depends on how you see the timing). Somebody on the left side seems like an odd man out and we all know it isn't Holden.

I really hope this is just an odd set of coincidences because I like Hejda better than I like Stuart.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
  #1008
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,561
vCash: 500
Yeah, I hope Hejda isn't being PAP'd already. He was really good for us last year.

CoachBadkitten is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 06:37 PM
  #1009
StayAtHomeAv
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I've tried to have a normal conversation on this from the beginning, and you've had an attitude the whole time because I haven't agreed with what you're saying. The way you've approached this conversation and have tried to ramp it up into something personal has clearly defined what you are and your intentions on this site so I have no interest in your nonsense any further.
I didn't get an attitude until you did. I didn't make it personal you did. Until you said this we were just arguing back and forth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
We're getting to the point where it seems like you want to just argue over everything and I don't have the energy for that.
But then you got annoyed that someone was actually arguing against what you said, questioned how you know something, and showed that you were actually changing your argument around, instead of just bowing down to your opinion as if its king. And instead of just dropping the argument you have to throw that crap in there.


Sorry i gave you attitude back. i should have just ignored you once you got all snarky. But, don't sit there and play the innocent victim card by acting like you were just having a normal conversation and I was giving you attitude the entire time. That's just a blatant lie.

StayAtHomeAv is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 07:08 PM
  #1010
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!
 
UncleRisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
"Yogi on Ice". For the last time his name is Reto, stop making that joke!

E: In other news, Dater's going on vacation.
I wasn't sure he worked.


Last edited by UncleRisto; 07-24-2014 at 07:19 PM..
UncleRisto is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 07:12 PM
  #1011
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 47,451
vCash: 166
At least O'Reilly lasted longer here than anyone else mentioned on that cover

tigervixxxen is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 07:21 PM
  #1012
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
"Yogi on Ice". For the last time his name is Reto, stop making that joke!

E: In other news, Dater's going on vacation.
I wasn't sure he worked.
Incoming trade! I wonder who it will be

Avs For Life is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
  #1013
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
At least O'Reilly lasted longer here than anyone else mentioned on that cover
Masai "The God" Ujiri>>>>>> Tebow and Birdman

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 09:22 PM
  #1014
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Well... the plan for Stuart is to replace Hejda on the top pairing (already getting demoted), and it seems like they might have tried to bring in Orpik as well (depends on how you see the timing). Somebody on the left side seems like an odd man out and we all know it isn't Holden.

I really hope this is just an odd set of coincidences because I like Hejda better than I like Stuart.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't get the sense that Roy would actively want to move on from Hejda. He praised him a lot last year for buying into the more aggressive way they wanted him to play, and credited him for playing a big role with the team.

I always felt the Stuart on the top pairing idea was more because they want a physical hard to play against presence on the top pairing with EJ, and also to spread out the depth and have Hejda play with Barrie. Not a negative reflection of him.

Also, I'd be surprised if they wanted to bring in both Stuart and Orpik. I think Stuart was the fallback when they failed to get Orpik, Stralman, or Niskanen.

I don't think Hejda's job is completely safe though. If they have a deal for a D man they like coming from a team that's trying to compete themselves, he could be someone the other team asks for so that they stay competitive.


Last edited by Mystic MacK; 07-24-2014 at 09:38 PM..
Mystic MacK is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 09:38 PM
  #1015
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Can Hayes be signed right now? Or when?
His draft rights expire on 8/15.
That is when the Avs shall strike. But we have to backdoor tamper first.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 09:43 PM
  #1016
hughdreamz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
So where do we stand with Hayes? With ROR back do you think we have any shot at him still?

hughdreamz is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 09:57 PM
  #1017
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
So where do we stand with Hayes? With ROR back do you think we have any shot at him still?
If he's willing to be patient and earn a spot in the top 9 later in the year or next year, we'll have as good a shot as most teams I'd say.

It's not clear if he's worried about his chances of making the Hawks in the short term or long term though. It would seem like he'd have a good shot if he was patient with them, so the assumption is he's looking for a younger team that doesn't have a bunch of vets he'll have to beat out of their spots this year.

We'll see on Aug 15th what he's thinking I guess. I'm still trying to figure out why the two obvious choices in Calgary and Florida aren't still the frontrunners for him. Something sounds suspicious with all these teams being labeled "frontrunners."

Mystic MacK is offline  
Old
07-24-2014, 10:05 PM
  #1018
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma , QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,719
vCash: 500
Closed , over a 1000 posts

New link

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post88366459

Frenchy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.