HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rita going doen with good attitude

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 03:48 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Rita going doen with good attitude

http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonSports/e...0-05-0136.html

Maybe we will see the same transformation we saw with Reasonner last year. First line minutes in TO this year might do him some good. Last year in Hamilton, wasn't he on the 3rd line. Some posters have suggested that he can't develop anymore in the AHL. I think he will but only on the first line.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:14 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin

Maybe we will see the same transformation we saw with Reasonner last year. First line minutes in TO this year might do him some good. Last year in Hamilton, wasn't he on the 3rd line. Some posters have suggested that he can't develop anymore in the AHL. I think he will but only on the first line.
Here's hoping he returns to the form he had 2 years ago when he looked like a can't miss. He has to be the biggest disapointment of the camp in my mind after Comrie not showing up.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:55 AM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin

I agree, Rita has played good in the AHL but he has not dominated. Plus Rita is only one injury or trade away form getting called up.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:21 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yep, he should see first line minutes with either Sarno or Stoll (who ever is sent down as I would be suprised if both stayed). I think by mid season he'll a guy like Pisani out of the lineup (if he's even in the lineup by then, which I don't think he will). It will be good for Jani to go down and have to take on the go-to-guy role. He better not be traded because he won't get equal value and I could see him being Satan II.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yep, he should see first line minutes with either Sarno or Stoll (who ever is sent down as I would be suprised if both stayed). I think by mid season he'll a guy like Pisani out of the lineup (if he's even in the lineup by then, which I don't think he will). It will be good for Jani to go down and have to take on the go-to-guy role. He better not be traded because he won't get equal value and I could see him being Satan II.
Well with Pisani's supposedly disappointing camp (from what I've read here), if Rita plays like he can in TO, he'll be up here in no time.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Oi'll say!

Rita started off last season in Ham with 6 goals and 4(?) assists in his first seven games but it was all downhill from there.

Hopefully this season he can keep up the pace for a bit longer so MacT has no choice but to bring him up.

Closed Thread