HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fang Fair a success

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

vCash: 500
Fang Fair a success

Fang Fair
Did anyone go? If so how was it?

Guess Winnipeg can hold off that "welcome Preds" parade for a while

Old
09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Predarat

It sounds like the first few games are almost gone.

Old
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Pattypred

I was there. In fact, I was the very first one in line to get Kariya's autograph.

There was a great crowd. One could feel the excitement in the air. The coaches' Q&A was interesting and informative.

Bottom line is that EVERYONE is excited and anxious for camp to start (just to try out the million line combinations the coaches have come up with).

It was great to feel and smell the ice at the arena again.

Didn't get to see Tootoo, Hall or Hordichuck after their shift in the sales windows because I was waiting for Paul and Hamhuis to show up for autographs.

With our roster names (both Nashville and Milwaukee), it's great to have the choices we have instead of having to pick the best of the worst.

I am definitely ready for some hockey!

Old
09-12-2005, 04:18 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I was there. In fact, I was the very first one in line to get Kariya's autograph.

There was a great crowd. One could feel the excitement in the air. The coaches' Q&A was interesting and informative.

Bottom line is that EVERYONE is excited and anxious for camp to start (just to try out the million line combinations the coaches have come up with).

It was great to feel and smell the ice at the arena again.

Didn't get to see Tootoo, Hall or Hordichuck after their shift in the sales windows because I was waiting for Paul and Hamhuis to show up for autographs.

With our roster names (both Nashville and Milwaukee), it's great to have the choices we have instead of having to pick the best of the worst.

I am definitely ready for some hockey!

patty...any good pearls from the coach's Q&A?

Old
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
patty...any good pearls from the coach's Q&A?
When asked about whether Coach was happy with Tootoo in Milwaukee last year, Coach Trotz said "no".

Trotz then went on to say that Toots had no idea what to expect in Milwaukee and had figured to just step into a higher role. That did not happen. Trotz said that Toots finally got it and started pulling things together toward the end of the year.

The impression I got was that Tootoo had as good a chance as anyone to make the team out of camp and no special treatment would be given.

The coaches said they were really excited and anxious to try out everything they've thought about over the past year especially combinations since, ummmmmmmmmmmm, let's say August 5th.

Coach Trotz also compared the European style of hockey against the North American style. Trotz said that the Euro style was to obstruct, clutch and grab with NO hitting. Trotz then said that the NA style was more puck handling, shooting and HITTING. He feels that basically that EVERYONE will have to go through some re-training on how to play the game so they don't spend all the time in the penalty box.

The core of our team from the 2003-2004 playoff season is still intact. Several pieces were slid into place and this team should be awesome and fun to watch.

Just some of my impressions along with what the coaches said.

Old
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
Coach Trotz also compared the European style of hockey against the North American style. Trotz said that the Euro style was to obstruct, clutch and grab with NO hitting. Trotz then said that the NA style was more puck handling, shooting and HITTING. He feels that basically that EVERYONE will have to go through some re-training on how to play the game so they don't spend all the time in the penalty box.

Just some of my impressions along with what the coaches said.
If that's the case, then why did the NHL get rid of the center line ... makes absolutely no sense to me

Closed Thread