HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi and Nash

Old
07-10-2014, 02:35 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Phi and Nash

Philly needs a long term solution for a true #1 dman. There have been a lot of proposals for a lot of Flyers forwards without solving that need for the Flyers. Now I know that the Pred fans are happy to just keep their defense in tact and wait on their offense but if you can get a good deal for one of them then why not build a better balanced team?

The guy I'm interested in is Seth Jones. I'll probably lose my Flyers Fan card for even suggesting this but what would Pred fans want for him. IMO the only forward off limits is Giroux. I'm willing to consider ANYONE else including Voracek, Simmonds, and (gasp from Flyers fans) Couturier. Depending on the player I'd even be willing to add.

I'm not going to try and sell Pred fans on both Schenns + 1st as being more than fair (I think it is) as if I were in their shoes I'd say "why would we do that?" Would you consider something like Simmonds + any of our defensive prospects + 1st next year? Or how about Coots + prospect or Voracek + prospect/1st? I think all 3 are gross over payments but would that be enough to pry him from the death grip clutch you have on him? I think that if I were in your shoes I'd have to seriously consider it.

As I see the player values right now, Voracek > Coots who is marginally > Simmonds and Jones who are about equal ( but Seth has incredible upside so that's why I'm willing to seriously over pay). The deals could be tweaked some if you want another roster player but I think all 3 are significant overppayments to the point where the Flyers wouldn't be adding much more.

What are your thoughts?

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:18 AM
huntison

Couts + 1st 2016 + Laughton

For

Jones + 2nd 2015

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:58 AM
Ssudzzy

Schenn x 2 + 1st for Seth Jones and a third

Ssudzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:17 AM
Flyerfan47

i'd love to get Jones....American kid. IMO it would take more then what hextall would wanna part with....For me, I'd trade Laughton, Luke Schenn and a 1st for Jones and a 2nd

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:25 AM
dwanmaster*

Have people forgotten who Seth Jones is? He is going to be a franchise D-man not long from now

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:38 AM
GeauxPreds

Couts + a very good prospect would do it. If anyone is going to have to overpay for a Nashville player right now, its philly.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellularDevice View Post
Have people forgotten who Seth Jones is? He is going to be a franchise D-man not long from now
Well isnt that the idea? Were not talking 5 years down the road

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:35 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
i'd love to get Jones....American kid. IMO it would take more then what hextall would wanna part with....For me, I'd trade Laughton, Luke Schenn and a 1st for Jones and a 2nd
Doesn't seem you want him TOO much . . . that package isn't very credible given where that 1st tends to be. Look at the OP - Simmonds, Couturier or Vorachek is necessary to get taken seriously, and he is right.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:49 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Well isnt that the idea? Were not talking 5 years down the road
Jones is one of the few young defensemen in the game that I would trade Couturier for. He's going to be a dominant number one defenseman for a pretty long time, and it's coming much sooner than five years from now. If the Preds could ever develop an elite forward or two, they would become one of the truly elite teams in the league. In 2-3 years, they could have Weber or Jones on the ice for nearly 50 minutes of every game just controlling the play.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Flgatorguy87

Couts + Simmer

for

Jones + A. Watson/ P. Aberg + 2015 2nd

( I consider these 2 of our better prospects who are knocking on the door, but below the Fiala, Forseberg, Jarnkok category)

I'd do Wilson as well instead, or personally I'd add our 15' 1st if I had to. I think we will be picking middle of the road again.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Nope, Philly can kiss it...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:59 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
Couts + Simmer

for

Jones + A. Watson/ P. Aberg + 2015 2nd

( I consider these 2 of our better prospects who are knocking on the door, but below the Fiala, Forseberg, Jarnkok category)

I'd do Wilson as well instead, or personally I'd add our 15' 1st if I had to. I think we will be picking middle of the road again.
The Flyers can't really afford to move two forwards off the roster. We have no NHL ready forwards outside of Laughton and Akeson, and most people are torn on if Akeson is even NHL caliber.

Old
07-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Predsrule

Phi fans would not like the price. To me I only trade him for a young Center like seguin mat d level.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Tatar Shots

Wow a lot of pretty terrible offers so far. I can't see Nashville even considering any of them.

Tatar Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:09 AM
duffy9748

Do Nashville fans really believe that Poile would make Philly pay more than another team just because of the Weber offer sheet? That's not a very smart way of managing your team.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:14 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Do Nashville fans really believe that Poile would make Philly pay more than another team just because of the Weber offer sheet? That's not a very smart way of managing your team.
Probably. But even then, some of these proposals have been atrocious. Luke Schenn, Laughton and a 1st? That's laughable for Nashville.

Old
07-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Isn't that what people refer to when they say that offersheets burn bridges and relationships between teams?

And I'm not going to say that he would "make" Philly pay more, but he would probably start higher and be firm about offer, that doesn't mean he wouldn't come down some.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Bryzard of Oz

Luke Schenn look really good after his first season too...

I like Jones, I think he is going to be a star one day, but backing up the dump truck with established pieces to get him isn't appealing.

And Seguin or Duchene for Jones? That's awful

Bryzard of Oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Luke Schenn look really good after his first season too...

I like Jones, I think he is going to be a star one day, but backing up the dump truck with established pieces to get him isn't appealing.

And Seguin or Duchene for Jones? That's awful
Those teams need defense as bad as we need offense. Trading a franchise D for one of them isn't awful.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Nashville aren't going to trade Jones. Too young, too cheap, too good.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Those teams need defense as bad as we need offense. Trading a franchise D for one of them isn't awful.
And Seth Jones isn't a franchise D so... It's awful

Bryzard of Oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
And Seth Jones isn't a franchise D so... It's awful
To us he is.. So if someone is asking what it would take then the order better reflect it. Why would we trade him for less now? Answer we wouldn't. So... Yah

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Call me crazy, but I'd do Couturier+ for Jones and hope that Laughton can fill the hole at 3c. Maybe Couturier and Hagg?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
AmeriHab

Just wondering, Nashville needs offense, but I keep seeing counts or Laughton offers, but aren't those guys more shutdown centers than offensive forces at this point in their development?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 07:59 AM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Just wondering, Nashville needs offense, but I keep seeing counts or Laughton offers, but aren't those guys more shutdown centers than offensive forces at this point in their development?
Couts at this point is, Laughton hasn't cracked the NHL yet. He's looking like he'll be a great versatile middle 6 guy, but not really an offensive dynamo.

I would assume Nashville would want something around Voracek or Schenn if they want offense. Maybe Schenn + Hagg + 1st for Jones + 2nd?

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote