HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone going to be at Camp?

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
lets bash poti for working hard during his long offseason to help the team. Everybody forgets that poti has terrible allergies and probably worked harder than anybody in the league to get to the nhl. No he isn't going to make us forget brian leetch on the ice but the guy is a hard worker. We all kill poti for what he isn't (myself included) but he could have a pretty good year.

Poti has the talent to make the york trade look like a steal for the rangers. Perhaps a year playing on the left side and playing with a defensive defenseman (no i'm not killing leetch it was just plain stupid to pair those two guys together.)

I have a feeling Poti is going to have a great year.

Bash away
Lets actually see if these "rumors" of him bulking up are even true before we praise Poti for working hard during the long off season.

Old
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Yeah, for all we know they are unfounded...we will know in 12 hours.

Old
09-13-2005, 01:34 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Let's just see how he looks on the ice. Putting on 10-15 pounds of weight means nothing - the weight could be mostly fat. Remember when big E came in to camp 10 -15 pounds heavier and he looked like he was skating in mud for most of the season.

Old
09-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Let's just see how he looks on the ice. Putting on 10-15 pounds of weight means nothing - the weight could be mostly fat. Remember when big E came in to camp 10 -15 pounds heavier and he looked like he was skating in mud for most of the season.
actually I don't remember that.

Old
09-13-2005, 08:28 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
actually I don't remember that.
I think it was the 02 - 03 season when Lindros came in to camp at 255; it was said that he put on the extra weight so he could endure the pounding of a full 82 game season. The extra weight was nothing but baggage and it showed - he did not have that powerful stride that he was known for and he was booed most of the season because he was always a step slower and his point production suffered.

You can't make too much out of what a player weighs because you never know what kind of weight it is. Rod Brind'Amour and Kasparaitis for example are players that weigh around 205 but they are lean as well - which translates into more strength. If you can add weight and not compromise speed then more power to you - but it's a waste if it's fat weight. This is why these players all have body fat testing right after they weigh in.

Old
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
in the hall

Poti was a big guy to begin with.. i don't see what added muscle will do as he played like a puss at 210 anyway

Old
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
lets bash poti for working hard during his long offseason to help the team. Everybody forgets that poti has terrible allergies and probably worked harder than anybody in the league to get to the nhl. No he isn't going to make us forget brian leetch on the ice but the guy is a hard worker. We all kill poti for what he isn't (myself included) but he could have a pretty good year.

Poti has the talent to make the york trade look like a steal for the rangers. Perhaps a year playing on the left side and playing with a defensive defenseman (no i'm not killing leetch it was just plain stupid to pair those two guys together.)

I have a feeling Poti is going to have a great year.

Bash away
I mostly always like what you have to say, but comeon now. A professional athlete actually training in the offseason? Whoa thats an unheard of concept and something to be used in his defense. Maybe he is this gym monster and is really committed. But he has no hockey "heart" at all. He loafs and does not give it his all. I really have no patience and time for those types of players.

Poti is a loser on the ice, plain and simple. At least in my eyes, he does not show passion or any pulse whatsoever. Alot of people have conditions in life, Poti just happens to be an nhl'er so you can spin it to him being some type of success story. What about Steve Downie making it to the nhl draft even though his father died in a car crash? There are tons of these types of stories and poti is low on that list. Like Anthony Stewart, he made it to the draft and now the pro's with hardly a pot to piss in, moving from hotel to hotel, helped keep his family alive and living.

Old
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Choice

If anyone finds out, post when the open scrimmages are. I'm fiending for some Ranger hockey.

Old
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
If anybody's going to camp, and will be taking pictures, could you please take a couple of Chad for me?

Closed Thread