HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

$3 million...

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Fish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
And actually investing 10.5 mill in this guy over the next 3 years is the contract I wonder about. Our D situation is very shaky and not very physical--a point that his signing doesn't seem to address. Oh well---I guess we'll have to wait and see.
If it's Malik you're talking about, he'll only be earning 2.5 per year for three years for a total of 7.5

Old
09-12-2005, 08:43 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
I am not too worried about it. He HAD to overpay to get those vets in here this year.
HAD to? Why did he HAVE to? This is a rebuilding team. On a rebuilding team, why does anyone HAVE TO overpay vets who can be characterized as having had their best days behind them a few years ago? Given Rucinsky's production over the past several years, one wonders what seperates him from others that regularly appear on the waiver wire and do not cost $3m?

Old
09-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Fletch

Levitate...

'umm, maybe straka wasn't sure if he wanted to come back to the NHL? maybe he thought he might stay in the CR unless sather gave him a little more money'...that's exactly what my problem is...is Sather typically one of the few willing to pay that little extra? That's what scares me about the future (to NYR a bit). These are different times and unique situations...I still get scared when I think who Sather may sign, and on what terms (which goes to the future). I can't say I've liked many of his signings since he's been the Rangers GM.

Old
09-12-2005, 12:15 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
If it's Malik you're talking about, he'll only be earning 2.5 per year for three years for a total of 7.5
My mistake Fish. You're right. You've just saved us $ 3 million.

Old
09-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
My mistake Fish. You're right. You've just saved us $ 3 million.
I expect a 10% commission payable 30 days

Old
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
HAD to? Why did he HAVE to? This is a rebuilding team. On a rebuilding team, why does anyone HAVE TO overpay vets who can be characterized as having had their best days behind them a few years ago? Given Rucinsky's production over the past several years, one wonders what seperates him from others that regularly appear on the waiver wire and do not cost $3m?
Sorry true blue, I did not make it clear I guess. I did not want Nylander, Straka, and Rucinsky. I only wanted 2 of those guys. But Slats had to overpay for them in order to sign them. Slats wanted these guys and was willing to overpay them in order to get them. I really would like to move one of those 3 going into the season but that seems unlikely. Sorry, I definitely don't want you to think I wanted Straka or Rucinsky at $3 mil

Old
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I expect a 10% commission payable 30 days
30 days! I was hoping we could work something out say like in the next 300 years.

Closed Thread