HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gudbranson re-signs for 2 years, $2.5m/year

Old
07-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Shockley
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
He's definitely spent more time in the NHL than he should've...

07-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
He's definitely spent more time in the NHL than he should've...
You're ridiculous

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Dr Beinfest

Lol, you guys are ridiculous.

Gudbranson has been terrible, I don't know what team you're watching.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

He's a 22 year old defensive dman that relies on strength that has been playing with Ed Jovanovski. I'm not sure you caught our playoffs when he was a rookie, but he was our best defender when it mattered most.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad Meaning Gud View Post
He's a 22 year old defensive dman that relies on strength that has been playing with Ed Jovanovski. I'm not sure you caught our playoffs when he was a rookie, but he was our best defender when it mattered most.
I believe that fella's name was Brian Campbell.

I understand he's young. Yeah, he was great in the playoffs. He hasn't been great otherwise. He doesn't use his brain and often thinks bash > think.

Regardless of what you say about Gudbranson, he has not been good, and has hardly shown a lot of improvement. Now, I understand defensemen take time, but at this point in time, the notion of a long term contract at around 5 is a laughable joke. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve that, and honestly only made this team during his rookie year because we pretty much went understaffed at defense.

Old
07-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Kellyr

Quote:

What's ridiculous is you calling Guds terrible.

Kellyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:18 PM
ShootIt

Quote:

I understand he's young. Yeah, he was great in the playoffs. He hasn't been great otherwise. He doesn't use his brain and often thinks bash > think.

Regardless of what you say about Gudbranson, he has not been good, and has hardly shown a lot of improvement. Now, I understand defensemen take time, but at this point in time, the notion of a long term contract at around 5 is a laughable joke. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve that, and honestly only made this team during his rookie year because we pretty much went understaffed at defense.
I think last year he improved. He no longer treatedthe puck like a grenade and played well with Olsen. That being said he still has a long way to go. Hopefully he'll be paired with someone that doesnt have the same weaknesses that he has

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:19 PM
HockeyRulez
The moves like Jagr!

I have to say myself, guds has been a bit of a disappoint in terms of his production on the ice but his presence is always noticed when he's on the ice no doubt.

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:25 PM
AaronEkbald

No excuses for Guddy next year. He needs to improve.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post
This.

Guds has not been TERRIBLE, but he hasn't been showing he is a top 3 pick. Of course, of course my fellow lads.. dmen need time and experience..

but time has passed. This season there should be no reason for him not to elevate his play.

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:37 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

I think the idea was after this 2-year contract depending on if he improves. I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to give him a long term 5 mil per contract right now.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:41 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
This.

Guds has not been TERRIBLE, but he hasn't been showing he is a top 3 pick. Of course, of course my fellow lads.. dmen need time and experience..

but time has passed. This season there should be no reason for him not to elevate his play.
I agree, we should see improvement this year. He's only played 169 games though. Isn't 300 the milestone for a defenseman?

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post
I agree. He's no longer being dragged down by Jovo and hopefully can use his shot more to actually hit the net.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:54 PM
BigNickBjugstad

if we re-sign Olsen, I would like them paired up together. They seemed to compliment each other well.

BigNickBjugstad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
flapanthersfan

ahhh, here we go again. let's blame others for certain players faults. it's versteeg's fault that huberdeau sucked too! markstrom sucked because the defense in front of him was bad! remember that one?

don't blame Jovo for Gudbranson's poor play. he was bad.

Gudbranson has been terrible so far in his career, and anyone mocking the poster who said that is the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Hopefully he improves next year, we need him to do well and learn how to play defense positionally.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
What's ridiculous is you calling Guds terrible.
Prove me wrong?

Old
07-10-2014, 05:05 PM
McGoldfart
McSave our McTeam

Besides hitting and fighting, what exactly does Guddy do that's NHL level? Always caught out of position, gets skated around on a nightly basis, can't move the puck, can't shoot the puck...

I understand that he's young and will still improve. But there is no denying that taking him with the 3rd pick was a huge mistake. He looks like a mid-round talent out there that needed a few seasons in the AHL to develop his game.

McGoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Kellyr

Quote:
Prove me wrong?
Is he inconsistent? Yes. Has he been a disappointment for a 3rd OA? Yes. Is he terrible? No.

Kellyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Cats2TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfart View Post
Besides hitting and fighting, what exactly does Guddy do that's NHL level? Always caught out of position, gets skated around on a nightly basis, can't move the puck, can't shoot the puck...

I understand that he's young and will still improve. But there is no denying that taking him with the 3rd pick was a huge mistake. He looks like a mid-round talent out there that needed a few seasons in the AHL to develop his game.
I think it's hilarious how we have a whole camp of people on here who were dying for Tallon to select Ekblad, yet they can't even be patient enough for defenseman to develop. What I think will happen if Ekblad is a - 25 this year and has 4 goals and 10 assists? These same fans who've given up on Kulikov and Gudbranson who were clamoring for Ekblad are gonna throw him under the bus.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Sparkman112

Quote:
Is he inconsistent? Yes. Has he been a disappointment for a 3rd OA? Yes. Is he terrible? No.
Bingo. The kid turned 22 in January. I hate when people say he won't become anything special

Sparkman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Dr Beinfest

Yes, you can factually show it on paper (as well as visually watching Gudbranson play) that he's not been good. No, it's not an opinion. Yes, he got better last year. No, he's still not good.

Quote:
He was terrible in his first two years. I would say last year he was just "bad". Overall though... tracing back to the original point of those posts... he probably should've been in the AHL for his first two seasons in the NHL. Because he is definitely terrible then.

I wouldn't even call him a disappointment yet. That's not a fair word to use. He's young, and he's a defender. That takes time. That still doesn't stop the fact that he's been flat out terrible for the majority of his NHL career, with small spots of light here or there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman112 View Post
Bingo. The kid turned 22 in January. I hate when people say he won't become anything special
Would love to see you quote somebody who has said that so far.

Last edited by Avder: 07-10-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Mod edit
Old
07-10-2014, 05:39 PM
McGoldfart
McSave our McTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats2TheCup View Post
I think it's hilarious how we have a whole camp of people on here who were dying for Tallon to select Ekblad, yet they can't even be patient enough for defenseman to develop. What I think will happen if Ekblad is a - 25 this year and has 4 goals and 10 assists? These same fans who've given up on Kulikov and Gudbranson who were clamoring for Ekblad are gonna throw him under the bus.
It's not just about the numbers. I guarantee Ekblad will show us glimpses of high end skill. For example, a slick first pass out of the zone to start the breakout. Even Kulikov shows us he can do this. The next nice outlet pass from Gudy's stick will be the first.
I'm willing to bet Ekblad will impress us with his shot from the point from day one. Gudy has hit the net maybe a handful of times in his career. Most of the time he takes a couple of seconds to wind up and then breaks his stick into a million pieces.
Sure, Guds can crush people. But you can find guys that do that in later rounds. If Ekblad doesn't show glimpses of high level skill and instead plays like a glorified enforcer, then heck yes people here will throw him under the bus because he would be a wasted pick just like Gudbranson!!!!

McGoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing

Honestly though Guds has been good at HIS GAME. Which is good hard working defensive play. Those expecting Guds to pick up the puck deke past 3 and slot a perfect pass are going to be disappointed lmao.

Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Cats2TheCup

Quote:
Yes, you can factually show it on paper (as well as visually watching Gudbranson play) that he's not been good. No, it's not an opinion. Yes, he got better last year. No, he's still not good.

He was terrible in his first two years. I would say last year he was just "bad". Overall though... tracing back to the original point of those posts... he probably should've been in the AHL for his first two seasons in the NHL. Because he is definitely terrible then.

I wouldn't even call him a disappointment yet. That's not a fair word to use. He's young, and he's a defender. That takes time. That still doesn't stop the fact that he's been flat out terrible for the majority of his NHL career, with small spots of light here or there.

Would love to see you quote somebody who has said that so far.
How does calling him "terrible" and then saying you "wouldn't even call him a disappointment yet" make any sense at all? Who isn't disappointed in something terrible? This has got to be a joke.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Gudbranson has played most of his NHL career so far with god damn Ed Jovanovski or other ringers. The few shifts he got with Campbell at times he looked very good out there. He has gotten zero PP time while the guy has a booming shot. Playing with Jovo he was trying to keep his own end and then at the same time fix Jovo's mistakes. That's a bit too much for a 21 year old dman. That kinda **** really hurts your confidence

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote