HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part III

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the CL next season?
Atletico Madrid 0 0%
Barca 6 15.79%
Bayern Munich 11 28.95%
BVB 2 5.26%
Chelsea 2 5.26%
Juventus 0 0%
Manchester City 2 5.26%
Monaco 0 0%
PSG 1 2.63%
Real Madrid 6 15.79%
Other Team [AKA The Arsenal which are the best and greatest team] 8 21.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2014, 05:59 AM
Miri
Lavinengefahr!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
You have some weird favorite players I must say. I've been a big fan of Nani, but to be fair it doesn't look like he's very bothered with these friendlies while everyone else have been working hard.
Rooney I'm quite sick of with his contract antics, but with a good season now I probably can forgive him that.

And about the 3-5-2, it is more like a 3-4-1-2 and it can be used both as defensive or offensive, which makes it a bit more versatile. Also wingers are still used, but now they need to have some defensive capabilities as well, making e.g. Valencia quite useful (if he would have more than one move in the offensive half), and Young not completely a waste of a roster spot. This however will make life hard for Nani, Januzaj and Fellaini. Fellaini won't stay much longer I don't think, and Nani will be gone I'd think as well. Januzaj will be interesting to see how LvG wants to play him. Will he be a WB or will he play him as the no.10 or as a striker. I think the last two depend on if we sell Kagawa or Chico.
Haha, and thats not all, wait before i tell you my other fav players behind Rooney and Nani were Anderson and Valencia... Anderson is basically gone now though and he was constantly injured anyway, while Valencia is waste of space sadly at this point, whatever happened to him, he just offers nothing to the offense. I guess the wingback position suits him well now, since he was such a **** winger last 2 years.... i guess you could say the same about Nani, but in his case it was a lot about unfortunate injuries, otherwise he is highly skilled, perhaps the most skilled in entire squad...on paper he is still IMO the best winger of the lot and should be given the chance to rehabilitate his reputation - but i guess thats not going to happen now and that makes me sad.
Regarding Rooney, as long as he is a United player, i dont give a **** about his antics....its not like he killed someone, is it?
Bottom line, skilled forwards are my fav type of players and both Rooney and Nani fit those roles at United. You could argue that RvP and Mata are even better than them in this regard, and it may be true, although its up to debate, but Rooney and Nani were United players far longer than them...so i still feel more love for them

Old
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Hesher
Sagan for President

vCash: 147
I was pleasantly surprised by how well United handled the new system, especially in defense. I expected some major mistakes resulting from trying to adapt to the 3-5-2/5-3-2 but for the most part they did well. They only conceded one goal from open play (that ridiculous Pjanic goal). It's still a work in progress but they seem to be heading in the right direction.

Old
08-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

vCash: 50
Vermaelen to Barca.

I'm sure SEPH isn't very disappointed. Got good money for a guy who was barely able to stay healthy.

Old
08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Barca can't get anyone better than Vermaelen?

Old
08-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Barca can't get anyone better than Vermaelen?
€51mil for Mathieu, Vermaelen and Bravo.

I'd say you could spend money a bit more wisely than that.

yeah, yeah, Fellaini+Moyes haha

Old
08-08-2014, 07:06 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Vermaelen to Barca.

I'm sure SEPH isn't very disappointed. Got good money for a guy who was barely able to stay healthy.
I am still a bit disappointed because every player Wenger has made captain has always been one of my favourite players ever to dress in red and white. Only thing we gotta deal with now is that captain curse! No offence to you or Hesher, but I am very happy that he did not go to United. Overall though I love the amount we got (if the rumoured 15 million is true) because it was the right time to sell him. As you said, he has been often injured these last few seasons and never really performed up to his prime level during these times as well. I hope we reinvest that money in someone like Schar, W. Reid, or Nastasić.

Old
08-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I am still a bit disappointed because every player Wenger has made captain has always been one of my favourite players ever to dress in red and white. Only thing we gotta deal with now is that captain curse! No offence to you or Hesher, but I am very happy that he did not go to United. Overall though I love the amount we got (if the rumoured 15 million is true) because it was the right time to sell him. As you said, he has been often injured these last few seasons and never really performed up to his prime level during these times as well. I hope we reinvest that money in someone like Schar, W. Reid, or Nastasić.
Hey, I'm happy we didn't get him either (for that price) so no worries

Old
08-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
I don't hate the Vermaelen signing as much as I do Mathieu. I'm just going to lie to myself and Zubi are planning on buying Laporte at the end of the season. That's why they didn't get a world class CB. Have Pique,Bartra,Mathieu and Vermaelen fight it out this season and the winner gets a starters job next season.

Alba-Bartra-Laporte-Monty

Very young backline and a young GK... what can possible go wrong?

Old
08-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I don't hate the Vermaelen signing as much as I do Mathieu. I'm just going to lie to myself and Zubi are planning on buying Laporte at the end of the season. That's why they didn't get a world class CB. Have Pique,Bartra,Mathieu and Vermaelen fight it out this season and the winner gets a starters job next season.

Alba-Bartra-Laporte-Monty

Very young backline and a young GK... what can possible go wrong?
What's Laporte's buy-out price? If I remember correctly all Bilbao players have one and Athletic won't sell for anything below that. And as seen with Martinez and Herrera they are a pain to get through quickly.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
What's Laporte's buy-out price? If I remember correctly all Bilbao players have one and Athletic won't sell for anything below that. And as seen with Martinez and Herrera they are a pain to get through quickly.
Pretty sure everyone has a buyout clause in Europe(minus EPL) I know every La liga team does.

Laporte's increased from 36 million to 42 just this summer. I have a soft spot for Bilbao and I love the way they do business, considering they're player policy it's the only way they can stay competitive. Only reason I want barca to get Laporte is because I know if they don't he'll end up in the EPL or Munich.

Right now it's a pipe dream as not unlike me Zubi has a soft spot for Bilbao and he doesn't like poaching their players. Risking his relationship with the team. One of the reasons Munich bought Martinez while Barca went after Song.

Old
08-12-2014, 01:16 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

PL starts in like 4~5 days, are you going to do the PL fantasy league SEPH?

Old
08-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Alex Jones
WOKE

I am stuck on who I want between Cech and Courtois. I suspect Cech will be starting midway through the season.

Old
08-12-2014, 02:15 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

@JWK: damn right, already picked my team (Templar FC). New comer is Sanchez, while I dropped Özil. Hoping he can gel with the team, think he's on the verge of breaking out. Overall though I am pretty happy with my squad. Could have been top 5 last season, but had suffered so many injuries. One week I had 8 players out.

@JB: I always roll with Tim Howard, will get the most playing time and has top talent to be a top 5 goalkeeper in the EPL. Cheap as hell to strength other positions as well.

JWK are you going to join? What about you Nzap and Hesher?

Last edited by S E P H: 08-12-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old
08-12-2014, 03:19 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

I joined. My goalies are De Gea and Begovic. I have no clue who to put as Strikers, so I went with Bony, Wickham, and Kane...need to change that.

Old
08-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Any fantasy team that doesn't have Lamela should be discarded.

SOme argentina news(not that anyone cares)

Tata will take full control over the senior team and youth teams. While I hate to see Sabella leave as I think they would've won Copa America with him but seeing Tata's plan I think he'll do will.

Old
08-12-2014, 03:40 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

I had Lamela, but replaced him with Coutinho.

Another Argentina news, Federico Fernandez is close to joining Swansea City.

Old
08-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Alex Jones
WOKE

I went all in on Liverpool with Sterling, Sturridge and Coutinho.

Old
08-12-2014, 04:56 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
I joined. My goalies are De Gea and Begovic. I have no clue who to put as Strikers, so I went with Bony, Wickham, and Kane...need to change that.
Awesome team, Coutinho definitely is someone I might actually want. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Howard/Krul
Shaw - Lovren - Terry - Fonte/Dummett (money dump)
Sanchez - Hazard - Ramsey - Barkley/El Ahmadi
Weimann (IMO underrated) - Welbeck - Lukaku

E: I'm going to have some faith in Sanchez, but I could easily transfer him in the first couple of weeks or so because 10.5 million is a damn a lot of money. The EPL striker depth is just horribly awful, I do not want Rooney at 10.5, Lambert at 7.5, Bony at 8.5, Dzeko (who never gets any playing time, maybe this year because of Augero/Nad) at 8.5, Augero who is always injured, Remy at 7.5, Adebayor at 8.5 (LOLZ), Crouch who actually sucks, van Perise at 12.5 (WOW), and Sturridge who might have a worse off season because of no Suarez.

Last edited by S E P H: 08-12-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old
08-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Okay, how the hell is it possible for us to have 6 players injured before the 1st game.

Valencia, Rafael, Welbeck, Shaw, Carrick and Evans already injured.
That is our 1st and 2nd choice RWB, first choice LWB, 1st choice CDM (with Herrera), our 3rd choice Striker and probably our best CB.

How can we year-in and year-out be on top of the injury lists?

Old
08-14-2014, 01:47 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

What happened to the list of players Van Gaal wanted? I thought they would get more than Herrera and Shaw.

Old
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I get the sense van Gaal was determining what players he wanted to stay and let go during the preseason friendlies. What happened though is that a lot of the horrible players that you think were going to leave actually played decent under him which made his decision that much more harder. The whole sense I get from United is they are truly the Detroit Red Wings of the EPL. Just too many aging, injury prone players that Fergy effed Moyes with. RvP is still a good player, but he is one hard tackle away from being out a couple weeks.

Also it can't be helped that a lot of United targets have picked other teams like di Maria (PSG), Cuadrado (rumoured with Barca), with others. And why would Vidal leave a CL final 4/6 team in Juventus to go to a rainy non-CL team in Manchester?

With all that said, I do agree with you JWK that they need more talented first team selections (another BXB, and three CBs at least) and even the bench can be improved as well. I mean is Nani really going to start against Swansea? But Shaw being out a month really effed my EPL team over and it's just week one. I do know that van Gaal was complaining about his lack of fitness for the whole preseason range though.

But Man United are not even close to being as injured as Arsenal have been the last five years or so. And it isn't just Diaby getting injured, we had Oezil, Ramsey, Gibbs, RvP, Walcott, and other beneficial players miss significant time. Also a lot of freak accidents by the way.

Last edited by S E P H: 08-14-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old
08-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
1.I get the sense van Gaal was determining what players he wanted to stay and let go during the preseason friendlies. What happened though is that a lot of the horrible players that you think were going to leave actually played decent under him which made his decision that much more harder. The whole sense I get from United is they are truly the Detroit Red Wings of the EPL. Just too many aging, injury prone players that Fergy effed Moyes with. RvP is still a good player, but he is one hard tackle away from being out a couple weeks.

2.Also it can't be helped that a lot of United targets have picked other teams like di Maria (PSG), Cuadrado (rumoured with Barca), with others. And why would Vidal leave a CL final 4/6 team in Juventus to go to a rainy non-CL team in Manchester?

3.With all that said, I do agree with you JWK that they need more talented first team selections (another BXB, and three CBs at least) and even the bench can be improved as well. I mean is Nani really going to start against Swansea? But Shaw being out a month really effed my EPL team over and it's just week one. I do know that van Gaal was complaining about his lack of fitness for the whole preseason range though.

4.But Man United are not even close to being as injured as Arsenal have been the last five years or so. And it isn't just Diaby getting injured, we had Oezil, Ramsey, Gibbs, RvP, Walcott, and other beneficial players miss significant time. Also a lot of freak accidents by the way.
1. It is very true that Young played surprisingly well during the tour and probably saved his spot on the team as the 2nd choice LWB/3rd choice RWB. Other players like Nani have still been crap (I don't know how a player can fall that fast from grace (11-12 he was still really good). The problem with many United players are their wages. Nani and Fellaini take together around £160k a week. Many teams can't take those on, and those who can have as much use for them as we do (i.e. none).

2. Yes, some have. Cuardado I feel was never really on the radar as the vibe gotten was that he always wanted Barca. Di Maria's agent told already that United is a fallback option showing their stance. Also Juve is not even close to CL 4/6 team. Last two years out in the 1st knockout stage and last season out already in the group stage in a relatively easy group.
But I can see why Manchester wouldn't be fancied by him. Can see also why it would.

3. We need 2 solid CM/CDM, 1-2CB (one youngish+ one veteran) and maybe a RWB (as Rafael is made of glass and Valencia is ****).
For CBs we have Smalling, Jones, Evans and Blackett with Keane as a good rotation player, so I see no need for 3CBs, 1 or 2 will be enough. Remember we have no European football this season so our squad can be a bit smaller.

4. Oh, I can show some nice graphics if you want. Our injury history has been so bad it's hilarious. I do admit though that you had a crazy amount last year.
Still won't compare to us having all of our CBs injured (5 of them) at the same time a few years back (Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Brown). We had to play Carrick and Fletcher (both CMs) as CBs for like 3 games. We even had to play Berbatov as CB in one game .

Here's for example 11-12 (the season we lost to City by goal difference. Can you spot the difference between the two teams?)

And not once did I hear Fergie complain about the injuries.
Something weird is done by our physios I believe.

Last edited by Nzap: 08-14-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old
08-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
What happened to the list of players Van Gaal wanted? I thought they would get more than Herrera and Shaw.
He realized not everyone wanted to play in the EPL. Especially, considering they can't offer CL.

The best part was the Vidal fiasco...

Old
08-15-2014, 01:58 AM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
He realized not everyone wanted to play in the EPL. Especially, considering they can't offer CL.

The best part was the Vidal fiasco...
What fiasco? It is all made up by the media. United haven't even said that they are interested in the player. It all is a big wind up by the media.
I think no United fans were very hopeful of him coming here. It would be amazing if it would happen, but we realize it is very unlikely. What is more odd is that we haven't signed a CB yet, which is concerning.

Last edited by Nzap: 08-15-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old
08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Hesher
Sagan for President

vCash: 147
I tried fantasy football for the first time last season, let's just say I wasn't very good at it but it was fun so I'll try again this season.

Vidal to United sounded like a made-up story right from the start.

Closed Thread