HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi-Edm

Old
07-11-2014, 08:57 AM
DLJB

vCash: 500
Phi-Edm

Lecavalier (1M retained)
Coburn

For

Yakupov

Flyers get their 1st line sniper for Giroux along with cap relief and Edmonton gets their #2C and top 4 D.

DLJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
No thanks, we want to make the playoffs this year.

And Vinny won't wave to go to Edmonton.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Kerricthebig
Jovial Imbecile

vCash: 250
Nope. Too much salary coming our way.

You'd have to take Ference as well

Kerricthebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:09 AM
RipsADrive

vCash: 50
Oilers take on a ton of salary and sell low on Yakupov.

Big pass.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:10 AM
McGlassbangers

vCash: 97
No. Not interested in trading Yak.

McGlassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
Lecavalier (1M retained)
Coburn

For

Yakupov

Flyers get their 1st line sniper for Giroux along with cap relief and Edmonton gets their #2C and top 4 D.
While our defense could still use improvement I think we have it set-up the way we want it, with 5 proven NHL d-men and then one open spot for one of our young d-men. While I was somewhat lukewarm on Lecavalier before, having since poured through his advanced stats it seems that he is clearly declining and I find it hard to justify him as #2C even now let alone 2-3 years from now. Vinny with $1 million retention is negative value IMO. Coburn I'm not a big fan of in general, I see his value and would welcome him with open arms, but I value him less then the general consensus.

If we are trading for a #2C from Philly B. Schenn or Couturier would be who we are interested in.

Last edited by Burnt Biscuits: 07-11-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
belair

vCash: 68
How about Lecavalier with 1m retained for Philip Larsen and a 7th in 2017?

You can keep Coburn.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:26 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
Lecavalier (1M retained)
Coburn

For

Yakupov

Doesn't work either way - Flyers can't trade away their best defenseman and Oilers don't want to sell low on Yakupov this early.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:31 AM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
No thanks, we want to make the playoffs this year.

And Vinny won't wave to go to Edmonton.
Assuming VL would waive to Edm.... How could you not do this deal??

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
duffy9748

Any Flyers fan saying no to this soooo clueless.

Signed,

A Flyers fan

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:43 AM
ManofSteel55

Selling far too low on Yakupov. The Oilers would want a power forward or #2 centre (no, at this point Lecavalier is not a #2C) in the deal. Basically, what type of price would Philly want for Coutourier? Because that is the value of Yakupov at this point. If not more.

Plus, I think with signing Fayne, our need for Coburn goes down drastically from where it was a few months ago.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post

Signed,

A Flyers fan
Do you really want McDavid that bad? Without Coburn the Flyers D is one of the worst in the league.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:48 AM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
Do you really want McDavid that bad? Without Coburn the Flyers D is one of the worst in the league.
Coburn is not that good of D-man as to have that kind of impact. Keep it real guys. He's not Weber/Subban/Doughty/Chara etc.

Flyers offense will negate any chance of McDavid.

Old
07-11-2014, 09:54 AM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Coburn is not that good of D-man as to have that kind of impact. Keep it real guys. He's not Weber/Subban/Doughty/Chara etc.

Compared to the rest of the defense the flyers have he is. Would you trust Luke Schenn, MacD, Streit, grossmann, etc. to shutdown Crosby, malkin, stamkos, etc. for 19-25 minutes per night? Absolutely not

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:55 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:

No one's saying he is in that elite class. We're saying our defense is abysmal without him until the kids are ready to play.

Old
07-11-2014, 09:58 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
I think Yak breaks out this year with a better supporting cast around him. We still need another center, but I also think Arcobello is the real deal, so even if he is our 2nd line C, I expect good things from Yak. When Arco was filling in for Gagner he was putting up near a point-per-game, then was put down to the fourth line C role when Gagner returned (Gordon has the 3rd C locked down), so his numbers took a huge hit because our 4th line wingers were not even NHL worthy. Arco also lit up the AHL when he was sent down to the AHL to help the Barons make the playoffs, scoring an incredible 28 points in 15 games (10g, 18a; almost a 2.0ppg!). So even with Arco being his center--or even better, if Draisaitl is ready--I think he scores near 30 this year, and gets better and better.

I'd rather hold on to Yak right now instead of selling low of what I think he'll be in a season or two. Plus we added a couple of solid Dmen to add to what we have--Fayne should be a good top 4 guy, and Nikitin might suprise and be a good one as well. Petry, Schultz, Fayne, Nikitin, Marincin and Klefbom will all battle for top 4 roles (Klefbom might not be quite ready, but he might be a surprise), so we don't have a huge need for Coburn, IMO.

I'd pass, and pretty easily.

Last edited by KarmaPolice: 07-11-2014 at 10:10 AM.
KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:00 AM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
No one's saying he is in that elite class. We're saying our defense is abysmal without him until the kids are ready to play.
What i am saying is that he is not the difference between lottery pick and playoffs regardless as to how bad your D is. That is a gross exaggeration.

Old
07-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
What i am saying is that he is not the difference between lottery pick and playoffs regardless as to how bad your D is. That is a gross exaggeration.
No its not. The Flyers are probably a borderline playoff team at best. You take away the one defender who is legitimately a top pairing defender, and the D is going to get burned constantly.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
I don't think you know what you're talking about. The loss of Coburn affects the flyers more than outside observers know. Just because he isn't the shiny elite name doesn't mean that a player still doesn't have an impact on the team. He's the best skater and shutdown defenseman we have. Flyers would be out of the playoffs if they trade him for this proposal. Yakupov doesn't have any hockey sense to be the player everyone hopes.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post

Signed,

A Flyers fan
Huh? We can't trade Coburn, his replacement(s) aren't NHL ready yet and may be a few years out. This trade doesn't make the Flyers a better team.

07-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This

Quote:

You're wrong. The Flyers D has zero room for error. They move Coburn and it easily drops the D from middle of the pack to bottom of the pack because none of the remaining Dmen can make up for his loss. Timonen could probably do it for a month before he wore down.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:31 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
And like 99% of the other "gross exaggerations" you claim to see, that wasn't what I said.

For the Flyers, he's the difference between competitive playoff team who's a player or two away from contending and non-playoff team. He can't be moved unless his production is replaced, either in that trade or by one of the young kids starting to come up. That's all anyone is saying.

Old
07-11-2014, 10:34 AM
BillDineen

This Flyers fan thinks Edmonton would be seriously dumb to do this trade.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Lecavalier (1M retained)
Coburn

For

Yakupov

Only 2 things need to be said... Yak is Russian, and a lazy one. He wont be coming to philly

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:47 AM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
And like 99% of the other "gross exaggerations" you claim to see, that wasn't what I said.

For the Flyers, he's the difference between competitive playoff team who's a player or two away from contending and non-playoff team. He can't be moved unless his production is replaced, either in that trade or by one of the young kids starting to come up. That's all anyone is saying.
I was responding to the gentleman who made reference to tanking for McDavid (if Coburn is traded). I'm not disputing that the Flyers defense sucks or that they are worse off without Coburn. I'm contending that losing Coburn is not the difference between making the playoffs and being a lottery team. That is a gross exaggeration that even you can't deny.

Try to keep up and follow the thread before you spout off nonsense!

As for the trade in question, one would think that by offloading VL and trading Coburn for a return of Yakupov would be a no-brainer for the Flyers. They can in turn trade assets to replace Coburn who is by no means an elite defender.

Strangely enough, the Flyers spend upwards of 5 million on Streit and MacDonald yet are still abysmal (your word, not mine) defensively. It occurs to me that these signings / overpayments did not fix the problem.