HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi-Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2014, 10:49 AM
  #26
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,386
vCash: 500
i am also s flyers fan saying this trade should get done every time. Yea we are losing our top pairing guy but we are getting a very good talent and shedding unwanted salary. We may be lesser of a team but long term ( i.e. next year) we will have young guys coming in. Deal with it this year to get a first overall pick getting sold very low.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:50 AM
  #27
Flyerfan47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Coburn is not that good of D-man as to have that kind of impact. Keep it real guys. He's not Weber/Subban/Doughty/Chara etc.

Flyers offense will negate any chance of McDavid.
So you pick out 4 of the top 5 in the league to TRY and make your point on a guy MANY Flyers fans have said is a number 2 defenseman at best, but number 1 on their team? . Clueless on that attempt. Most people, who aren't flyer fans, are clueless as to what he CAN BE if put with the right person as a partner, and not some mediocre guy.

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:57 AM
  #28
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
So you pick out 4 of the top 5 in the league to TRY and make your point on a guy MANY Flyers fans have said is a number 2 defenseman at best, but number 1 on their team? . Clueless on that attempt. Most people, who aren't flyer fans, are clueless as to what he CAN BE if put with the right person as a partner, and not some mediocre guy.
So you actually believe that the Flyers are in contention for McDavid if they trade Coburn (without getting an equivalent D in return)? I can accept that they may not make the playoffs without Coburn. Personally i think they are a bubble team with Coburn. But in contention for McDavid assumes bottom 3 in the league and that i cannot accept.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:58 AM
  #29
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
i am also s flyers fan saying this trade should get done every time. Yea we are losing our top pairing guy but we are getting a very good talent and shedding unwanted salary. We may be lesser of a team but long term ( i.e. next year) we will have young guys coming in. Deal with it this year to get a first overall pick getting sold very low.
And this is the voice of reason here. Obviously you make this trade. You can even trade assets to replace Coburn. Heck, you can trade Yakupov for a better dman that Coburn.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:59 AM
  #30
MickeyMelchiondo
Registered User
 
MickeyMelchiondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
As for the trade in question, one would think that by offloading VL and trading Coburn for a return of Yakupov would be a no-brainer for the Flyers. They can in turn trade assets to replace Coburn who is by no means an elite defender.
yep & all that needs to be said
not sure why the Oil would want to do this deal...

MickeyMelchiondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:03 AM
  #31
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMelchiondo View Post
yep & all that needs to be said
not sure why the Oil would want to do this deal...
Putting aside my feelings for Yakupov (ie. i think he is overrated), i still look at it from the POV that if Yak was replaced with Galchenyuk, how could the Flyers turn it down? VL + Coburn for Galchenyuk? That would be insane to turn down from a Flyers POV.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:08 AM
  #32
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 22,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I was responding to the gentleman who made reference to tanking for McDavid (if Coburn is traded). I'm not disputing that the Flyers defense sucks or that they are worse off without Coburn. I'm contending that losing Coburn is not the difference between making the playoffs and being a lottery team.
Your contention is wrong. There's no one else on the roster to take Coburn's 18 ES minutes against the other team's top lines and his 4 minutes killing penalties. Streit and MacDonald are second pairing guys.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:13 AM
  #33
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
Do you really want McDavid that bad? Without Coburn the Flyers D is one of the worst in the league.
I understand the importance of Coburn, but adding a talent like Yakupov is too good to pass up. It also creates a ton of cap space and fills a need for a top line winger at the same time. Not to mention Yakupov fits right in with the age group of the core. Realistically, where do you see the Flyers going this year with Coburn? Certainly they'll make the playoffs but I can't see them getting any further than the 2nd round. Imagine this lineup 2,3,4 years from now:

Yakupov-Giroux-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Voracek
Read-Laughton-Leirer

Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Hagg
Schenn-X

Mason

Even if you wanted to compete this year, you can now afford to trade Brayden Schenn+ for a defenseman(Need Wise/Cap Wise) to replace Coburn. This deal would be a no-brainer.

Deal both Schenns for a Myers/Bogosian type and you are a better team this year than last.

Edit: With all that said, Edmonton doesn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:20 AM
  #34
jvr2128
Registered User
 
jvr2128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Would love to get Yak, and would do this deal easily...IF...we had a realistic replacement for Coburn.

Coburn is easily our best defenseman and trading him would put this team towards the bottom of the league. Not like we need to shed salary and his cap hit is only 4.5 which is a nice hit for the Flyers.

jvr2128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:26 AM
  #35
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Your contention is wrong. There's no one else on the roster to take Coburn's 18 ES minutes against the other team's top lines and his 4 minutes killing penalties. Streit and MacDonald are second pairing guys.
How is it possible that losing Coburn is the difference between making the playoffs or finishing bottom in the league?

Flyers signed Streit and Macdonald to high dollar contracts. For what purpose? Flyers have one of the highest paid D-corps in the league. Yet losing a #2/#3 dman is all the difference between making the playoffs and finishing in the bottom?

Not even Weber, Subban, Doughty, Chara, Suter have that impact!

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:39 AM
  #36
OutForMilk
Registered User
 
OutForMilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Only 2 things need to be said... Yak is Russian, and a lazy one. He wont be coming to philly
Yawn. What a tired narrative.

OutForMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:47 AM
  #37
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Only 2 things need to be said... Yak is Russian, and a lazy one. He wont be coming to philly
Hey, all you guys that scream of Russian bias....here's your guy!

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:47 AM
  #38
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I was responding to the gentleman who made reference to tanking for McDavid (if Coburn is traded). I'm not disputing that the Flyers defense sucks or that they are worse off without Coburn. I'm contending that losing Coburn is not the difference between making the playoffs and being a lottery team. That is a gross exaggeration that even you can't deny.

Try to keep up and follow the thread before you spout off nonsense!
Word of advice: If you're responding to one person, you shouldn't quote someone else.

And thanks for clarifying the point that I disputed was the exact point you were trying to make.


But I'll try to keep up. You're a riot, dude.


Quote:
Strangely enough, the Flyers spend upwards of 5 million on Streit and MacDonald yet are still abysmal (your word, not mine) defensively. It occurs to me that these signings / overpayments did not fix the problem.
RIF

I said they'd be abysmal without Coburn. With him, they're medicore to below average, with Streit being the bright spot. Batting 1.000 with this one Fan...

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:52 AM
  #39
McDangler97
5-14-6-1
 
McDangler97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
right now--Yakupov is a bust and that is that. Doubt he will be in the league in 3 years. Coburn makes the Oilers D ten times better and Vinny L slips perfectly into the number 2 center . Looking on the oiler board, Yak is your third line winger and that is not a good thing.
Since when does 55 points in 111 games = bust?

McDangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:54 AM
  #40
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Word of advice: If you're responding to one person, you shouldn't quote someone else.

And thanks for clarifying the point that I disputed was the exact point you were trying to make.


But I'll try to keep up. You're a riot, dude.
I'll simplify for you as clearly you are not following...

Flyerfan 1 claims that losing Coburn will result in drafting McDavid.

I reply with this is nonsense and that Coburn is not elite enough to have that kind of impact.

You reply to my post with no one is claiming Coburn is elite but the Flyer D is awful.

I reply with the Flyers D sucks but not to the extent that losing Coburn does not = McDavid.

You reply with - that's not what i said.

I reply with - i know that - that's what the first guy said.

You reply with - word of advice, respond to the right guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  #41
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall2Nuge2Ebs View Post
Since when does 55 points in 111 games = bust?
Won't be in the league 3 years? He's already been in it for 2.

Unless Yak gets hit on the head and forgets how to play hockey or there is some sort of Space Jam effect where he mysteriously loses his talent then I'm pretty sure he's good

As for the subject of this trade thread, Coburn is great and I'd love to have him but Mac-T did a decent job of adding some NHL quality guys through FA so I don't think the need justifies giving up on Yakupov at this point, unless we're putting him in a package for a Bonified #1. As for Lecavalier, I'd say he doesn't have much healthy effective hockey left in him, especially shouldering 2C duties in the Pacific, mix in that contract and he's not a very desirable player.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:15 PM
  #42
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
How about Lecavalier with 1m retained for Philip Larsen and a 7th in 2017?

You can keep Coburn.
Done. Call Hexy and MacT and let them know.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:28 PM
  #43
MustardTigers
Registered User
 
MustardTigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Flyers Fan here, Philly would take this trade without question. We ditch VL's contract and obtain a high potential winger who is in need of a rebound season. Let B Schenn develop next to Yakupov and the 2nd line will be deadly in 2 years.

With regards to the Coburn loss. Yes, Philly really need Coburn right now, but that additional cap space is valuable. Fill the gap as best you can. Morin, Ghost and Hagg are about 2 years away from playing meaningful roles on the Flyers blue line. Pretty excited about the future with a developing line up.

Flyers Roster in 2016

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - B Schenn - Yakupov
Akeson? - Couturier - Read
Leier? - Laughton - Cousins?

Streit - MacDonald
Schenn - Ghost
Morin - Hagg

Mason

MustardTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  #44
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 22,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
How is it possible that losing Coburn is the difference between making the playoffs or finishing bottom in the league?
"Being a lottery team" =/ "bottom in the league".

Try and keep track of what you actually said to avoid making straw man arguments.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:37 PM
  #45
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
"Being a lottery team" =/ "bottom in the league".

Try and keep track of what you actually said to avoid making straw man arguments.
Wait, if by lottery team you are referring to any team that did not make the playoffs then i retract my statement.

By lottery team i am referring to bottom 3 or 4 - the teams that have the highest chance of winning the lottery for McDavid. Clearly the first Flyer poster was referring to the latter by mentioning McDavid.

So which is it? Do you think that by losing Coburn the Flyers are a bottom 3 or 4 team? If not, then you think that by losing Coburn they are a non-playoff team. If its the latter then all i have to offer is this... With Coburn, the Flyers are a bubble team. While losing Coburn hurts their chances of the playoffs, by gaining Yakupov and using him as a trading chip (for a better or equivalent dman) may improve your chances with a net gain of dumping VL.

As for straw-man arguments... If this trade were presented to the Flyers, Hextall would jump on it like Tiger on Vonn. Its a no-brainer for the Flyers.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:38 PM
  #46
Iridescent*
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
This is the sort of deal Edmonton needs to make to be competitive, so obviously it won't happen. Shiny under 20 year olds with bad junior habits must get guaranteed top 6 minutes. That is the only way. None of this trading one of their blue chips for some much needed experience and depth. That's just silly talk.

Especially with McDavid on the horizon. All the minutes for kids!

Iridescent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 12:40 PM
  #47
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 22,000
vCash: 50
Coburn is easily worth three or four wins to this team, which would have been enough this past season to drop the Flyers below Washington.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 01:04 PM
  #48
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Only 2 things need to be said... Yak is Russian, and a lazy one. He wont be coming to philly
Oh look, another xenophobic comment that isn't even close to true on Yakupov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post
Won't be in the league 3 years? He's already been in it for 2.

Unless Yak gets hit on the head and forgets how to play hockey or there is some sort of Space Jam effect where he mysteriously loses his talent then I'm pretty sure he's good

As for the subject of this trade thread, Coburn is great and I'd love to have him but Mac-T did a decent job of adding some NHL quality guys through FA so I don't think the need justifies giving up on Yakupov at this point, unless we're putting him in a package for a Bonified #1. As for Lecavalier, I'd say he doesn't have much healthy effective hockey left in him, especially shouldering 2C duties in the Pacific, mix in that contract and he's not a very desirable player.
Exactly how do you know if he won't be in the league? Do you have a crystal ball? I have to laugh at you calling Yak a bust. Check the draft and the top 30 points and check where he's listed right now. If Yak's a bust, the previous Calder winner must be one as well, considering his season was just as terrible.

McAsuno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
  #49
ChaoticOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,395
vCash: 500
I wouldn't give more than a half eaten bagel for Vinny at this point and Coburn isn't as much of a need for us as he was last year. We'll keep Yak thanks.

ChaoticOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 02:28 PM
  #50
DaftCaptain
Registered User
 
DaftCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Oh look, another xenophobic comment that isn't even close to true on Yakupov.
so you're saying Yak isn't Russian!


Last edited by DaftCaptain: 07-11-2014 at 07:02 PM.
DaftCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.