HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All purpose Evander Kane thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2014, 07:36 PM
  #151
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Coburn isn't even a top 4 dman on a good team. I'm not a fan of either team, but that is silly.
Right. lol.

Boxscore is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 07:38 PM
  #152
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 891
Jets fans should seriously stop commenting in here, stop trying to correct those that do not have a clue what they are talking about, and let the masses argue about which teams 3rd liner and 2nd round pick gets them Kane.


Last edited by veganhunter: 07-12-2014 at 02:09 PM.
veganhunter is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 07:38 PM
  #153
MattEllis
Rookie User
 
MattEllis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Parts Unkown
Country: United States
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceccles View Post
Would you like to make a counter offer?


For: Hodgson, St Louis 1st, Ruhwedel, 2016 Second

MattEllis is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 07:40 PM
  #154
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 891
Jets fans should seriously stop commenting in here, stop trying to correct those that do not have a clue what they are talking about, and let the masses argue about which teams 3rd liner and 2nd round pick can get them Kane.

veganhunter is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 07:58 PM
  #155
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Jets fans should seriously stop commenting in here, stop trying to correct those that do not have a clue what they are talking about, and let the masses argue about which teams 3rd liner and 2nd round pick can get them Kane.
Well said!

Seanahue is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:02 PM
  #156
boanst
Registered User
 
boanst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
1. That's funny because Hodgson's production last year was nearly identical to Kane's, but Hodgson had a significantly worse supporting cast.
Their production was not nearly identical. Kanes p/60 was 1.78 to hodgsons 1.34. 5v5 time.

boanst is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:04 PM
  #157
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA/NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 42,847
vCash: 500
I propose again:

Devils 2015 1st
Damien Brunner OR Michael Ryder
Stefan Matteau OR John Quenneville
Steve Santini OR Damon Severson

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:19 PM
  #158
bacon25
Registered User
 
bacon25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Group Study Room F
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Jets fans should seriously stop commenting in here, stop trying to correct those that do not have a clue what they are talking about, and let the masses argue about which teams 3rd liner and 2nd round pick can get them Kane.
I think Jets fans are going to have to realize their not going to get full value for Kane. I would like to see more Jets fans throw out some proposals instead of just complaining about other posters lowball proposals.

bacon25 is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:23 PM
  #159
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Let me propose this to Jets fans:

Jets fans, be honest in what you think Kane's upside is that he will reach. This will help explain why certain offers get panned hi or low.

Me, I think Kane will mature into a nice 35 goal, 75 point player IF he gets his head screwed on straight and can stay clear of injuries. I think the BEST Kane could ever be is along the lines of James Neal when he was clicking on Pittsburgh.... 40 goal, 80 point player. And that's IF he stays injury free and gets moved to a team like Pittsburgh with an elite center.

I compare Kane right now to slightly below Jeff Carter when the Flyers traded him. Carter had a 46 goal, 84 point year on his resume and was in his mid-20s when traded. The difference is Carter had plenty of term left on his deal and wasn't publicly campaigning to get traded.

If the return for Carter (who at the time was better than Kane) was Voracek (who wasn't as good as he is now with the Flyers) and a 1st rounder... how can Jets fans expect DOUBLE that return for Kane? Especially with his injury history and the way he is acting?

Boxscore is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
  #160
LeTigre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Numminen View Post
Thats a very attractive offer. Cowen and Chiasson both fill holes in our roster, and allows us to role 3 scoring lines and all 3 D pairings, and a high 2nd in the deep draft could turn out well for us as well.

I may do this if I was Chevy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
That is a fair deal actually. Chiasson has some nice hands and Trouba, Bogosian, Cowen and Morrissey give the Jets a VERY impressive young top 4 defense core to build around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
This is a steal for the Sens.
Sweet, I'll get Dorion and Lee to fax the paperwork over.

LeTigre is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 08:52 PM
  #161
tucker22*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Let me propose this to Jets fans:

Jets fans, be honest in what you think Kane's upside is that he will reach. This will help explain why certain offers get panned hi or low.

Me, I think Kane will mature into a nice 35 goal, 75 point player IF he gets his head screwed on straight and can stay clear of injuries. I think the BEST Kane could ever be is along the lines of James Neal when he was clicking on Pittsburgh.... 40 goal, 80 point player. And that's IF he stays injury free and gets moved to a team like Pittsburgh with an elite center.

I compare Kane right now to slightly below Jeff Carter when the Flyers traded him. Carter had a 46 goal, 84 point year on his resume and was in his mid-20s when traded. The difference is Carter had plenty of term left on his deal and wasn't publicly campaigning to get traded.

If the return for Carter (who at the time was better than Kane) was Voracek (who wasn't as good as he is now with the Flyers) and a 1st rounder... how can Jets fans expect DOUBLE that return for Kane? Especially with his injury history and the way he is acting?
I would say the NHL is a different type of league now compared to when Carter had his 84 point year. Back then 17 players had more than 80 points, and 40 players had more than 70 points. This past year only 7 players had more than 80 points, and only 18 players had more than 70 points. If your estimate of Kane being a 75 point player is accurate, that would have placed him in 14th place in league scoring this past year, which I would say is pretty good. I don't think the Jets should be trading players like that.

tucker22* is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM
  #162
Pghal70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Plekanec+Bourque+Budaj+2016 1st

Pghal70 is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
  #163
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind
 
SeaOfBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Leafs will be interested, but there isn't really a way for a deal to get done unless the price is drastically reduced.

SeaOfBlue is online now  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:37 PM
  #164
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah
 
Jetsfareast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
I think Jets fans are going to have to realize their not going to get full value for Kane. I would like to see more Jets fans throw out some proposals instead of just complaining about other posters lowball proposals.
That is why, The sane fans of the Jets don't want to trade Kane. He will not get a full value (in HF board.)

Also, if this is the disturb Kane Getting 50points at a young age. What would a happy Kane do playing with Schiefele, Wheeler. then with Ehlers and Petan?

25-25 low end (done it)
30-30 ok end (done it)
40-40? should reach end playing with good players
50-40 Iginla type production at his absolute peak, (for 2 years.)

It would hurt a lot if he was traded for small pieces and he does that with another team.

Jetsfareast is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
  #165
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfBlue View Post
Leafs will be interested, but there isn't really a way for a deal to get done unless the price is drastically reduced.
No reason for the price to have been reduced, Kane is under contract for a long time. Someone will pay the price that the Jets want or Kane will play on the team as normal.

Hunter368 is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
  #166
fmrdh
Registered User
 
fmrdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Id rather see Kane play miserable as a Jet than be traded for some of these offers.

fmrdh is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 09:48 PM
  #167
EpicGingy
Registered User
 
EpicGingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghal70 View Post
Plekanec+Bourque+Budaj+2016 1st
We don't need Plekanec when we already have Little Scheifele and Perrault, not to mention he doesn't fit our age group and has an expiring contract

Bourque is a cap dump who only plays when he feels like it.

We don't need Budaj.

So it's essentially EKane for a mid to late 1st. No thanks.

EpicGingy is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 10:28 PM
  #168
DancesWithWookies
Registered User
 
DancesWithWookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Ultimately Jets management hold all the cards. They don't have to trade him, they have him for 4 more years. After that who cares, lots of good prospects coming up.

He'll do well with Schieffle and Wheeler this year, and if he chooses to not play well, he can kiss another big contract goodbye.

DancesWithWookies is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
  #169
Jetabre
In Chevy we Trust
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancesWithWookies View Post
Ultimately Jets management hold all the cards. They don't have to trade him, they have him for 4 more years. After that who cares, lots of good prospects coming up.

He'll do well with Schieffle and Wheeler this year, and if he chooses to not play well, he can kiss another big contract goodbye.
I have no doubts he'll keep competing hard, even if he doesn't want to be here. Just how he is.

Jetabre is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 10:51 PM
  #170
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 50
Agree.... I thing I can almost guarantee is Kane will not show up and mail it in.... That is not part of who he is..... His personal compete level is through the roof and anyone who has watched him play will verify that easily

SCP Guy is online now  
Old
07-11-2014, 10:51 PM
  #171
Mr Positive
Four-NinetySeven-Ten
 
Mr Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancesWithWookies View Post
Ultimately Jets management hold all the cards. They don't have to trade him, they have him for 4 more years. After that who cares, lots of good prospects coming up.

He'll do well with Schieffle and Wheeler this year, and if he chooses to not play well, he can kiss another big contract goodbye.
Winnipeg holds the cards of course, and there is no contract reason to trade him, but Winnipeg has a huge pressing need to do something dramatic to be able to fight for the playoffs, or even to just tread water in the new-look central division.

I'm sure Winnipeg fans are itching for some playoff action. Kane is the obvious player to trade considering he doesn't have a NMC and there seems to be some friction with Kane

Mr Positive is online now  
Old
07-11-2014, 11:04 PM
  #172
tucker22*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
Winnipeg holds the cards of course, and there is no contract reason to trade him, but Winnipeg has a huge pressing need to do something dramatic to be able to fight for the playoffs, or even to just tread water in the new-look central division.

I'm sure Winnipeg fans are itching for some playoff action. Kane is the obvious player to trade considering he doesn't have a NMC and there seems to be some friction with Kane
You don't trade one of your best young players to get a bunch of pieces that "might" workout in the long run. If that is the case the oilers are in the same boat. Do I hear a kadri, bozak, and Reimer for hall offer coming?

tucker22* is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 11:06 PM
  #173
Homegrown Kings
Registered User
 
Homegrown Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PNW
Country: United States
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancesWithWookies View Post
Ultimately Jets management hold all the cards. They don't have to trade him, they have him for 4 more years. After that who cares, lots of good prospects coming up.

He'll do well with Schieffle and Wheeler this year, and if he chooses to not play well, he can kiss another big contract goodbye.
True, but I don't think that'd be the best approach for the Jets management to take.

I figure he's not the type to just coast the next four years, but if he's not happy then it's hard to imagine him being at his absolute best, and clearly that's not a satisfying situation for the fans either. If Winnipeg remains outside of the playoffs for the next four years and he leaves as a UFA, those prospects are going to be a small consolation.

The Nash situation isn't a perfect comparable but there are some parallels. If they can get a similar return offered, I think they should take it.

Homegrown Kings is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 11:11 PM
  #174
leafs nation27*
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Jersey sends:

1st Rounder, Reid Boucher, Damon Severson, Michael Ryder

Jets send:

Evander Kane, 3rd Rounder
Not a new jersey fan or winnepeg but thats a gross overpayment for kane . Hes worth reid boucher and a second in 15 . Btw what would you want from toronto to get reid boucher . ?

leafs nation27* is offline  
Old
07-11-2014, 11:23 PM
  #175
Jetabre
In Chevy we Trust
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown Kings View Post
True, but I don't think that'd be the best approach for the Jets management to take.

I figure he's not the type to just coast the next four years, but if he's not happy then it's hard to imagine him being at his absolute best, and clearly that's not a satisfying situation for the fans either. If Winnipeg remains outside of the playoffs for the next four years and he leaves as a UFA, those prospects are going to be a small consolation.

The Nash situation isn't a perfect comparable but there are some parallels. If they can get a similar return offered, I think they should take it.
I'll be more concerned in 3 years if he's still here and still showing signs of wanting out, but for now there's no reason to pull the trigger on lackluster deals. Jets management should definitely take their time to find the right deal. I honestly think we're better off looking into trading him during trade deadline or next off-season depending on where our team is at rather than this off-season because I feel this will be a break-out year for him if he's given solid line-mates. Although if he's traded this off-season there are a few offers suggested on here I wouldn't be sad with.

Jetabre is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.