HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread Part IV: Tanaka Injured

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2014, 10:09 PM
  #576
mint
Registered User
 
mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,831
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
No they're not.

Tons of players are put on waivers. David Wright was put on waivers 3 years ago, I think.
That's true. Technically a whole roster can be subjected to waivers.

Though I think the Mets would be lucky to get a finder for that awful contract. Some desperate team might look into it in the offseason.

mint is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 10:19 PM
  #577
Nyrvana
Registered User
 
Nyrvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Young, DFA


Nyrvana is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 10:46 PM
  #578
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
den Dekker time

surf is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 11:26 PM
  #579
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
Betances must be getting tired from the amount of innings he's thrown... He only struck out 2 tonight, and only hit 99 instead of 100.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 11:46 PM
  #580
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst
 
Steve Kournianos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
McCann with a concussion. Bad timing. Cervelli is raking so the 1B carousel will continue with Porcelain Man hurt

Steve Kournianos is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 11:54 PM
  #581
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
Katie Sharp ‏@ktsharp 1m
Dellin Betances now has 37 games this season with 2+ K, the most such games by a reliever in a season in Yankees history.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
  #582
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
McCann with a concussion. Bad timing. Cervelli is raking so the 1B carousel will continue with Porcelain Man hurt
so Headley 1st base with Cervelli catching and Prado at 3B with Ichiro playing RF most likely.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 12:37 AM
  #583
Machinehead
pls send help
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corsi Nerd Thinktank
Country: United States
Posts: 62,338
vCash: 50
This Yankees team gets bad break after bad break thrown at it and keeps right on trying. I give them a ton of credit.

__________________

Pump it up Puempel!!
Machinehead is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 01:53 AM
  #584
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
That's true. Technically a whole roster can be subjected to waivers.

Though I think the Mets would be lucky to get a finder for that awful contract. Some desperate team might look into it in the offseason.
It's not really an awful contract. It's a pretty average contract. Granderson's a 2ish WAR player making $15 million per year. Given that money per WAR is up to $6-7 million, Granderson's making right around market rate. He was a big upgrade over previous corner bats in the Mets outfield.

Zil is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 01:56 AM
  #585
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst
 
Steve Kournianos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
so Headley 1st base with Cervelli catching and Prado at 3B with Ichiro playing RF most likely.
Which is good because with both Mcann and Tex out they can play Ichiro more and keep Beltran fresh as DH.

Steve Kournianos is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 02:11 AM
  #586
mint
Registered User
 
mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,831
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's not really an awful contract. It's a pretty average contract. Granderson's a 2ish WAR player making $15 million per year. Given that money per WAR is up to $6-7 million, Granderson's making right around market rate. He was a big upgrade over previous corner bats in the Mets outfield.
Granderson's contract runs out til he's 37. His OPS, Slugging has been getting progressively worse the past 4 years. If I'm a betting man, I doubt his production will hold up.

Fair to say that the Mets would need to eat up some of his salary to enable a move.


Last edited by mint: 08-09-2014 at 02:16 AM.
mint is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 02:13 AM
  #587
mint
Registered User
 
mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,831
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Which is good because with both Mcann and Tex out they can play Ichiro more and keep Beltran fresh as DH.
Not good news at all.

mint is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 12:11 PM
  #588
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This Yankees team gets bad break after bad break thrown at it and keeps right on trying. I give them a ton of credit.
I thought last year was bad with injuries....

Mccann to 7 day concussion DL as well now.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 12:16 PM
  #589
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst
 
Steve Kournianos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Not good news at all.
Keeping Beltran fresh isn't good news?

Ichiro is a 9th place hitter. I'd rather Beltran DH more down the stretch. If the price is playing a .280 hitter with good defense more, so be it.

Steve Kournianos is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 12:43 PM
  #590
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
It's a good thing Prado can play all over the field

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
  #591
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Not good news at all.
To have the luxury of Ichiro as your second backup is unreal. The guy is technically one of the best #9 hitters in a lineup. He is still good, can field very well and steals when he's on base.

Again, not ideal, but looking at it in it's relative manner is an amazing luxury.

Also all these ceremony's for players is hard for me to handle. These guys were my idols growing up. Still in shock Jeter is retiring this year.

That being said, to retire Joe ****ing Torre's number and not Paul O'Neill's is criminal. Frankly, I truly believe the Yankees win more world series' without Torre.

AHB* is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
  #592
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Granderson's contract runs out til he's 37. His OPS, Slugging has been getting progressively worse the past 4 years. If I'm a betting man, I doubt his production will hold up.

Fair to say that the Mets would need to eat up some of his salary to enable a move.
It's more of a mediocre contract than anything. He's not going to outproduce it, but he's not going to fail at horrific levels. Look at the pair of contracts the Dodgers took from the Red Sox: Carl Crawford's making $20 million+ for this year and the next three and has produced 0.2 fWAR this year. Adrian Gonzalez is making $21 million+ for this year and the next four and is on track to produce less than 3 fWAR. Those are awful contracts.

Zil is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 05:05 PM
  #593
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 55,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's more of a mediocre contract than anything. He's not going to outproduce it, but he's not going to fail at horrific levels. Look at the pair of contracts the Dodgers took from the Red Sox: Carl Crawford's making $20 million+ for this year and the next three and has produced 0.2 fWAR this year. Adrian Gonzalez is making $21 million+ for this year and the next four and is on track to produce less than 3 fWAR. Those are awful contracts.
Still cant believe Red Sox ditched an awful Gonzo and a mega-awful Crawford contracts. Silly Dodgers.

darko is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 05:20 PM
  #594
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,864
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Still cant believe Red Sox ditched an awful Gonzo and a mega-awful Crawford contracts. Silly Dodgers.
Stupid deals for sure, but the Dodgers are like the Yankees of the not-too-distant past--money is literally no issue to them.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
08-09-2014, 05:45 PM
  #595
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Stupid deals for sure, but the Dodgers are like the Yankees of the not-too-distant past--money is literally no issue to them.
It's scary to think what happens when that money gets freed up.

Zil is offline  
Old
08-10-2014, 12:04 PM
  #596
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,223
vCash: 500
DeGrom has shoulder soreness and is headed to NY. Ut oh

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
08-10-2014, 01:46 PM
  #597
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Stupid deals for sure, but the Dodgers are like the Yankees of the not-too-distant past--money is literally no issue to them.
Or the current Yankees. They may not be world beaters this year, but they sure spent like it. Not to mention these juicy acquistions at the deadline.

Headley, Drew and Prado are all expensive rentals.

AHB* is offline  
Old
08-10-2014, 03:35 PM
  #598
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Or the current Yankees. They may not be world beaters this year, but they sure spent like it. Not to mention these juicy acquistions at the deadline.

Headley, Drew and Prado are all expensive rentals.
Prado's not a rental. He makes $11 million for the next two seasons.

Zil is offline  
Old
08-10-2014, 05:00 PM
  #600
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,864
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
Ugh, Mejia! Just when I defended you on this board you decide to prove Nyrvana right.

Jenrry will rue the day he let me down!!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

What an implosion. Ah well, at least Parnell is back throwing.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.