HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg - col

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2014, 05:16 AM
jMoneyBrah

vCash: 500
Wpg - col

Sharks fan talking to my Avs buddy. He is thinking about a sign and trade: ROR @ 7x7 for Evander Kane.

Flame away.

Old
07-12-2014, 08:02 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Straight up I don't see the avs doing that

Old
07-12-2014, 08:12 AM
mailo

Could work kane with his conrtact is close to ROR with 7x7

Old
07-12-2014, 08:39 AM
tucker3434

Sure? I'd rather do this than follow through with arbitration.

Old
07-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Straight up I don't see the avs doing that
ROR is talented but he has his fair share of off ice issues. Not sure a family oriented team like the Jets would want another "project player".

Old
07-12-2014, 08:55 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
ROR is talented but he has his fair share of off ice issues. Not sure a family oriented team like the Jets would want another "project player".
What "off-ice issues" are you talking about? Seriously. I want to know. If it is the contract negotiation issues, just say it. Otherwise it sounds like you're implying otherwise. ...which is not true.

Old
07-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 0
Quote:
He's a model pro when it comes to hockey. Coaches love him and he practices harder than anyone. He's a soft spoken down to earth guy.

He just is really hard to negotiate with (for Avalanche) for some bizarre reason.

Old
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM
tucker3434

Quote:
Not one single off ice issue. He has contract negotiation issues. Once paid, he's the perfect professional.

Old
07-12-2014, 09:05 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jMoneyBrah View Post
Sharks fan talking to my Avs buddy. He is thinking about a sign and trade: ROR @ 7x7 for Evander Kane.

Flame away.
It has actually been fairly well received even if it is after a 1 year Arbitration ruling (est 5.75-6m) that ends with ROR still a RFA.

In division is tough, but I think the new NHL seems more concerned about getting value rather than pride and future concerns of facing a traded player.

07-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
What "off-ice issues" are you talking about? Seriously. I want to know. If it is the contract negotiation issues, just say it. Otherwise it sounds like you're implying otherwise. ...which is not true.
Prolonged contract issues, bolting to KHL and his Father issues. No one wants players who have issues or baggage (remember Eric Lindros father issues). In the end the Jets might have to take a small risk on a player like ROR to get rid of Kane (who tends to be a bit of a jerk). Reminds me a bit of the Seguin trade.

Old
07-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Prolonged contract issues, bolting to KHL and his Father issues. No one wants players who have issues or baggage (remember Eric Lindros father issues). In the end the Jets might have to take a small risk on a player like ROR to get rid of Kane (who tends to be a bit of a jerk). Reminds me a bit of the Seguin trade.
When did he bolt to the KHL?

Ill answer that for you. He didnt.

Old
07-12-2014, 09:49 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
It has actually been fairly well received even if it is after a 1 year Arbitration ruling (est 5.75-6m) that ends with ROR still a RFA.

In division is tough, but I think the new NHL seems more concerned about getting value rather than pride and future concerns of facing a traded player.
As a Jet fan I'd pull the trigger on a ROR for Kane trade, straight up. IMO ROR would be a great fit with the Jets. Sometimes you have to take a bit of risk. ROR's contract status isn't ideal but at least you are RFA protected for 2 seasons. IMO this is good value for a player who is unlikely to be a Jet long term.

Old
07-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
When did he bolt to the KHL?

Ill answer that for you. He didnt.
Sorry my mistake. ROR as you say has had one issue causing his off ice issues. Kane is the something I believe. Kane's issues are caused by the fact he doesn't see the team progressing fast enough, he just wants to win now and often. He's fustrated by a team missing the playoffs year after year and having brutal line mates each year. I would be annoyed also, but he's handling it wrong if he truly wants out to go to a team who is contending now. Instead of saying or not saying what he has to date, he should say publicly how great WPG is to play in and quietly go to Chevy and say I want out. He may of done this already and fustrated by the slow progress trading him.

Kane is one of the best LW in the NHL, anyone who argues that needs to check his stats vs the other top LW. Kane is immature young man with a burning desire to win now. We'll see how it turns out. Jets fans love his play on the ice, but tend to roll their eyes about his off ice issues.

Old
07-12-2014, 10:43 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Sorry my mistake. ROR as you say has had one issue causing his off ice issues. Kane is the something I believe. Kane's issues are caused by the fact he doesn't see the team progressing fast enough, he just wants to win now and often. He's fustrated by a team missing the playoffs year after year and having brutal line mates each year. I would be annoyed also, but he's handling it wrong if he truly wants out to go to a team who is contending now. Instead of saying or not saying what he has to date, he should say publicly how great WPG is to play in and quietly go to Chevy and say I want out. He may of done this already and fustrated by the slow progress trading him.

Kane is one of the best LW in the NHL, anyone who argues that needs to check his stats vs the other top LW. Kane is immature young man with a burning desire to win now. We'll see how it turns out. Jets fans love his play on the ice, but tend to roll their eyes about his off ice issues.
Kane is one of the last players the Avs would go after anyways. He would have 0 chemistry with Duchene.

Old
07-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Kane is one of the last players the Avs would go after anyways. He would have 0 chemistry with Duchene.
That may or may not be true, I haven't advocated any trade with Col. I simply commented on this thread. I have zero opinion if Kane would be a good fit or not.

Old
07-12-2014, 11:00 AM
avsfan9

I'd do this trade. Good swap for a young goal scoring winger.

Old
07-12-2014, 11:09 AM
dsheehan73

Makes the most sense for both teams as they are in similar situations- not likely to realize full value in a trade, different reasons (contract vs. behavior) but nonetheless true.

As an Avs fan I don't want ROR traded period but if it comes to that better do it this summer and Kane is likely the best option.

Old
07-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Meeqs

Quote:
Let rephrase this for you for clairity:
-The issue with RoR is the contract negotiations with him and the Avs.

-He played in the KHL during the lockout, as many other NHL players did. He played until an injury and then sat out until the Cal offer sheet.

-While his father is an interesting character, it certainly not quantifiable as "father issues". It would be more accurate to note his Agent is known for playing hardball in negotiations however that gets back to the 1st point.

Please try and refrain from using misleading language and stick to the actual facts of the situation.

While Kane has been slammed by the media more harshly than I feel is fair, he does have actual concerns off the ice.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Meeqs

Quote:

There is no way that this can be proven, however even then it is no excuse. What you are refferring to is Kane's lack of professionalism and poor handling of his situation.

Actions like Kane favorting tweets implying his trade out of WPG continues to show this.

I would say he is one of the more gifted LW's in the league, however there are many more factors in being a hockey player than a good frame and talent.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jMoneyBrah View Post

Flame away.
I would take Simmonds with a small + from the Flyers before I would take Kane.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Jetabre

Would be great having RoR locked up for 7 years, 7mil is a bit much but if he signed for less I'm sure the AV's would be happy to keep him, and I think the added 2mil or so after unloading kane's contract and gaining this one still fits under the Jet's internal cap for the season. But with cap rising (and hopefully RoR getting better) over the years the contract will look less and less of an overpayment. Definitely tempting.

Old
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Did you find that out by using your crystal ball, or did you have to use a big giant space bug?

Old
Tuck61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post

-He played in the KHL during the lockout, as many other NHL players did. He played until an injury and then sat out until the Cal offer sheet.

-While his father is an interesting character, it certainly not quantifiable as "father issues". It would be more accurate to note his Agent is known for playing hardball in negotiations however that gets back to the 1st point.

Please try and refrain from using misleading language and stick to the actual facts of the situation.

While Kane has been slammed by the media more harshly than I feel is fair, he does have actual concerns off the ice.
You don't think ROR has off line issues, I don't think Kane has off ice issues. For you to state Kane's items are more serious than ROR is a joke cause you are setting your opinions on things you don't know are actual.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:06 PM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

vCash: 50
I wanted this trade to happen before the draft so it could have been o'reilly+23 for kane+9. for it to happen now jets would have to add a 2016 1st since 2015 are worth to much.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post

I stated the issues, no misleading language was used. They are still concerns no matter how anyone spins it.

Closed Thread