HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg - col

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post
There is no way that this can be proven, however even then it is no excuse. What you are refferring to is Kane's lack of professionalism and poor handling of his situation.

Actions like Kane favorting tweets implying his trade out of WPG continues to show this.

I would say he is one of the more gifted LW's in the league, however there are many more factors in being a hockey player than a good frame and talent.
Don't disagree with anything you posted here and I stated the same thing.

Facts show statistically he is top 10 5vs5 LW in the game, no debating that fact. We've already discussed his character, he's immature without doubt.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
I stated the issues, no misleading language was used. They are still concerns no matter how anyone spins it.
There is ONE issue. And that is getting him under contract.
And it is the only reason that he is available.
Otherways their would be no chance that the Avs would consider trading him.

There are NO further concerns with ROR. Yeah his dad is "special". But most hockey dads are.
ROR is a dream come true for every franchise and coach.
His mentality ,attitude on (and off the ice) combined with his insane work ethic is up there with the best of the best.

He is a Newport Client though. And during the last negotiatons with the Avs before the lockout his "feelings" got hurt. The Avs did say some things that he apparantely has never forgotten. He is squeezing them for every penny he can get. He wants to get paid.
His agents play a big part in that and the stubborness of Avs management certainly does not help. And the Avs are one of the few teams that could somewhat afford to lose him with Duchene/Mac/Landeskog on our roster.

Again. That is the only reason why he is even available.

I would not want Kane on this team. Period.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Tuck61

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy92mack29 View Post
I wanted this trade to happen before the draft so it could have been o'reilly+23 for kane+9. for it to happen now jets would have to add a 2016 1st since 2015 are worth to much.
You are living in a fantasy world if you think that would have happened in the past or if that would happen in the future.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck61 View Post
You don't think ROR has off line issues, I don't think Kane has off ice issues. For you to state Kane's items are more serious than ROR is a joke cause you are setting your opinions on things you don't know are actual.
RoR has never had a single reported off ice issue. In fact his off ice behavior has cited by his teammates and coaches has been stated as exceptional.

While I think the assault on Kanes image is mostly media driven, instances such as taking photos with Stacks of money in Vegas, reports of being "not very coachable", teamates saying "He doesnt listen, if he wants to bring his girlfriend along on the road, he does so.", allegations against him skipping out on resturaunt bills in WPG, sustaining a concussion in a bar fight, and finally being very public with his desire to be traded are all cited incidents against his character.

While some big, and some small Kane certainly has more "off ice issues" than RoR. Enough to scare away teams from trading for him to this point.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Don't disagree with anything you posted here and I stated the same thing.

Facts show statistically he is top 10 5vs5 LW in the game, no debating that fact. We've already discussed his character, he's immature without doubt.
Agreed, that is a very fair assessment.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
I stated the issues, no misleading language was used. They are still concerns no matter how anyone spins it.
I feel that your wording was slanted in against RoR in a mannor that would make it appear to a reader that there are issues with RoR that currently do not exist.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:29 PM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck61 View Post
You are living in a fantasy world if you think that would have happened in the past or if that would happen in the future.
an o'reilly under contract is worth a lot more than kane.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy92mack29 View Post
an o'reilly under contract is worth a lot more than kane.
I would agree. Mostly because I feel that there will be teams willing to pay RoR between 6-7m in cap per year and that will be less of a deterant than a player with personality issues.

Also adding that once a player publicly asks for a trade, any chance of getting a solid return is generally impossible.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Tuck61

[QUOTE=Meeqs;87975079]RoR has never had a single reported off ice issue. In fact his off ice behavior has cited by his teammates and coaches has been stated as exceptional.

While I think the assault on Kanes image is mostly media driven, instances such as taking photos with Stacks of money in Vegas, reports of being "not very coachable", teamates saying "He doesnt listen, if he wants to bring his girlfriend along on the road, he does so.", allegations against him skipping out on resturaunt bills in WPG, sustaining a concussion in a bar fight, and finally being very public with his desire to be traded are all cited incidents against his character.

While some big, and some small Kane certainly has more "off ice issues" than RoR. Enough to scare away teams from trading for him to this point.[

All allocations, beside the photo which is a big who give a damn in the long run. If you have links to proof of any of those other "rumours" post away, otherwise, we can discuss RORs history of letting down his teammates over selfishness, the fact he posted that tweet from his dad's account, his desire to play for anyone (even Calgary) over the Avs, his hatered for mackinnon, etc etc

Old
07-12-2014, 01:49 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
I would agree. Mostly because I feel that there will be teams willing to pay RoR between 6-7m in cap per year and that will be less of a deterant than a player with personality issues.

Also adding that once a player publicly asks for a trade, any chance of getting a solid return is generally impossible.
Yes but neither of these players have

Old
07-12-2014, 01:51 PM
SCP Guy

[QUOTE=Tuck61;87975403]
Quote:
RoR has never had a single reported off ice issue. In fact his off ice behavior has cited by his teammates and coaches has been stated as exceptional.

While some big, and some small Kane certainly has more "off ice issues" than RoR. Enough to scare away teams from trading for him to this point.[

All allocations, beside the photo which is a big who give a damn in the long run. If you have links to proof of any of those other "rumours" post away, otherwise, we can discuss RORs history of letting down his teammates over selfishness, the fact he posted that tweet from his dad's account, his desire to play for anyone (even Calgary) over the Avs, his hatered for mackinnon, etc etc
Well that's not fun....If I can't quote my girl friends sisters hair dressers gardeners cousins friend as a reliable source then how can I say anything about really bad about Kane?????

Old
07-12-2014, 01:53 PM
SCP Guy

Why isn't thin moved into the giant Kane trade thread?????

Mods?????

Old
07-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Jetabre
Processing Processes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Why isn't thin moved into the giant Kane trade thread?????

Mods?????
What about the big RoR thread?

Old
07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetabre View Post
What about the big RoR thread?

Perfect! I will keep the Kane thread shorter

Old
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
I feel that your wording was slanted in against RoR in a mannor that would make it appear to a reader that there are issues with RoR that currently do not exist.
I can't help people read into something I didn't say, that's their issue not mine.

Both player are young and full of potential. Both have some off ice issues at the moment, both could likely do well with a change of teams. Will a trade happen between the two teams I have no idea. I can say this nothing would ever happen unless there was an agreement on his contract.

Old
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1068
Feel free to continue discussion here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1707603

Closed Thread