HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedorost

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
Nedorost

Looks like he was farmed out to San Antonio -- did anyone hear or see how he played this preseason? Is he not healthy and this is maybe sort of a conditioning stint?

Old
10-04-2003, 10:46 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Looks like he was farmed out to San Antonio -- did anyone hear or see how he played this preseason? Is he not healthy and this is maybe sort of a conditioning stint?
he had offseason shulder surgery don't forget, so he's probably still rehabbing that.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:19 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Not only has Nederost had surgery last year on a knee that's was injured twice before BUT it was rumored on THIS board that he blew out his shoulder swimming. Ends up he needed surgery on both shoulders. The 2nd round pick and Peter Worrell are looking pretty darn good considering all the chicken littles who said we traded away our 'future'. I would think Svatos and McCormick proved to a further extent the intelligence of that move.

As for Sergie Soin for Tomas Slovak? Soin didn't get signed and is still overseas. He didn't got to camp and he's out of the picture so far. Slovak is getting AHL experience and is in position to make Skoula or McAllister expendable when needed.

The jury is still out with Brad Richardson for Parker and Skrastins, BUT it looks like Pierre had a fine off season and I dare say he worked over Nashville well enough they may never deal with us again.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
it looks like Pierre had a fine off season and I dare say he worked over Nashville well enough they may never deal with us again.
I think that is the situation Pierre is in with a lot of GM's. I heard him say a few times last year, that nobody wants to trade with him anymore, especially around the deadline. That might make it tough to aquire a quality number one goaltender for the playoffs if we need one. Who would want to help us out that much, since they might just be giving us the Cup as well. Kinda like that cartoon in The Hockey News a few issues ago. Where Holland and Lamoriello are debating wheter or not to approve Roy coming back to the Avs after we signed Kariya and Selane, and Lou says something like, should we give em the Cup?

Old
10-04-2003, 01:53 PM
nathan

That is certainly true.

As you may have noticed, PL has rarely traded with playoff-bound teams around the trade deadline, save LA, that scenario was a little different (since Blake had to go anyways).

Old
10-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

yeah, i was kind of frustrated with PLs moves since i live in Nashville and am a Predators fan. On one hand I felt like shooting myself on the foot, but on the other hand I was ecstatic. I think the soin for slovak deal was a trade that helped both teams tho *if nashville could sign soin* as NA was loaded with d-prospects while at the time we were thin.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
yeah, i was kind of frustrated with PLs moves since i live in Nashville and am a Predators fan.
What do you think of Skrastins? You probably saw him play a hell of a lot more than most of us here. Things I've been wondering about are, how much of an impact did he have with your team? Did he ever show anything more than just being steady? How's his foot speed, do you think he can keep up with Colorado's speedy fowards and defense on a regular basis? Does he have any offensive creativity at all?

Old
10-05-2003, 06:15 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Skrastins is a solid defensive defensmen. He doesn't pinch alot, and almost always has good position. He is excellent at shot-blocking, and will really help the Avs PK this year. He is good for 22 minutes a night, and although he is not extremely fast, he usually is in the right spot. +/- really do not do him justice, as he did play for the Predators in some of the toughest situations. He will be a real good addition to our lineup, and was well worth a mere 3rd round pick.

Closed Thread