HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Dupuis rejects offer

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 09:44 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Walsh is a POS!

Dupuis rejects offer

I mean, initially Dupuis wanted a 2 year agreement worth 2.4 million dollars. Wild finally countered with a nice 1 million for 1 year agreement. Dupuis rejected that offer.

WTF?

GOD!!!!

I'm going to beat Walsh over the head!

Old
10-04-2003, 09:53 AM
think-blue-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Yeah, really don't know what camp Dupuis is thinking here. If they are fussing over one year...well..what can you do. I wouldn't give in to him though. The counter offer was fine.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:54 AM
shveik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Dupuis rejects offer

I mean, initially Dupuis wanted a 2 year agreement worth 2.4 million dollars. Wild finally countered with a nice 1 million for 1 year agreement. Dupuis rejected that offer.

WTF?

GOD!!!!

I'm going to beat Walsh over the head!
Why not also beat Minnesota GM over the head for not offering him 1.2 mil a year like he wanted? I mean, the difference is so small, right?

Chill out.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:55 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
*sighs*

Wild are going to suck this year, thanks Walsh.

I don't see anything wrong, I mean so htey are off by 200,000 dollars. He can make that up easily with incentives.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:03 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
must be a coincidence that most of the holdouts this year are associated with walsh. i guess he doesnt deal with many 'serious' GM's, and spent the summer tanning in the bahamas while refusing to respond to the 'preposterous jokes' for offers all his clients got

Old
10-04-2003, 10:20 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shveik
Why not also beat Minnesota GM over the head for not offering him 1.2 mil a year like he wanted? I mean, the difference is so small, right?

Chill out.
Because the Wild are in the right mind. Walsh is playing a little mind game with, trying to overinflate their values.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:

Chill out.
man this sucks these guys are arguing over .2 mil and it seems so small, yet it would take a successful man 4 years to make .2 mil

anyways, i hope they dont get him or gab signed, oilers need all the help they can get.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:35 AM
shveik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Because the Wild are in the right mind. Walsh is playing a little mind game with, trying to overinflate their values.
Overinflate their values? I do not think Walsh can outdo that guy who used to have "Dupuis>>>>>>>>>>>>Ilya" in his avatar In fact you yourself are saying that Wild is going to suck this year without these guys. So they *are* important. How much exactly they are worth in terms of money is not up to us, since we aren't managing either Minnesota's money or these player's money.

AFAIK he is asking ~3mil/yr for Gaborik and ~2mil/yr for Havlat. I think the majority of the teams in the league would have paid this amount and said thank you. Except the few teams who are not very strong financially (like Wild, Sens and Pens). So IMO Walsh isn't being unreasonable, he has adjusted the money he is asking to the current frugal marketplace (compare this to Iginla asking 7 mil a year ago). Anyway, I do not see anything to crucify Walsh over.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:47 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Doesn't it seem like every year there's some agent who makes a name for himself? A few years ago Mark Gandler was the guy everybody was talking about after the Yashin and Kasparaitis situations. Last year Don Meehan was the guy, not so much because he did anything outrageous, but because he just happened to have the league's hottest clients of the moment. I'm sure other people can give examples where one agent has hogged the spotlight at a particular moment by having his highest-profile clients on the sidelines at one particular time.

Walsh has gone from an agent most people had never heard of to instant infamy. These deals will get done before too long, I'm sure, and Walsh is going to have made a name for himself as a tough-guy... the kind of guy that young players would want looking after their stuff.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Why dont they offer 1M$/1 yr with bonus money that can make it up to 1.5M$? Also, How much money is Gaborik looking for?

Old
10-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Why dont they offer 1M$/1 yr with bonus money that can make it up to 1.5M$? Also, How much money is Gaborik looking for?
3 mil/year

Old
10-04-2003, 11:07 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Doesn't it seem like every year there's some agent who makes a name for himself? A few years ago Mark Gandler was the guy everybody was talking about after the Yashin and Kasparaitis situations. Last year Don Meehan was the guy, not so much because he did anything outrageous, but because he just happened to have the league's hottest clients of the moment. I'm sure other people can give examples where one agent has hogged the spotlight at a particular moment by having his highest-profile clients on the sidelines at one particular time.

Walsh has gone from an agent most people had never heard of to instant infamy. These deals will get done before too long, I'm sure, and Walsh is going to have made a name for himself as a tough-guy... the kind of guy that young players would want looking after their stuff.
That depends largely on the outcomes of holdouts, might go exactly the opposite of what you suggested. At least I am hoping.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:18 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
3 mil/year
Where'd you hear that? Last I read, 4.5/year.

Old
10-04-2003, 12:01 PM
marcel

vCash:
hi i blind but i still can see what going on here can you guys?walsh got gabby ,fleury,dupuis and the one more that i can think of right at the moment.

minny offering 1 year deal to the rookie dupuis ,hoping they will take the offer .but with the cba next year we all know that salaries will come down espically for the rookies.walsh wants a 2 year deal and it make sense to him because 1.2 million this year might only be worth 700,000 in the new cba this will be the last year for the big rookie contracts (imho).now that a cut of 500,000 witch is not chump change, and we all know how these agents work right,commision!so if walsh get 10 percent which i think is low he 's losing out on 50,000 himself,and that's on one player.anyway just my take on this walsh guy,he knows this is the last year for bigger money and he's trying to squeeze every cent he can .

Old
10-04-2003, 12:07 PM
paul99

Quote:
Overinflate their values? I do not think Walsh can outdo that guy who used to have "Dupuis>>>>>>>>>>>>Ilya" in his avatar In fact you yourself are saying that Wild is going to suck this year without these guys. So they *are* important. How much exactly they are worth in terms of money is not up to us, since we aren't managing either Minnesota's money or these player's money.

AFAIK he is asking ~3mil/yr for Gaborik and ~2mil/yr for Havlat. I think the majority of the teams in the league would have paid this amount and said thank you. Except the few teams who are not very strong financially (like Wild, Sens and Pens). So IMO Walsh isn't being unreasonable, he has adjusted the money he is asking to the current frugal marketplace (compare this to Iginla asking 7 mil a year ago). Anyway, I do not see anything to crucify Walsh over.
...Except the few teams who are not very strong financially ... That is the best quote ( or best joke) I have read on HF yet.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:14 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel
hi i blind but i still can see what going on here can you guys?walsh got gabby ,fleury,dupuis and the one more that i can think of right at the moment.
Coming in loud and clear Marcel.

Havlat is the fourth guy you're thinking of.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:37 PM
guinness
those were the days

Walsh still wants these guys signed though, because he won't get his cut if they don't. The only deal I see being somewhat tricky is Fleury, Pittsburgh doesn't have much spending room to play around with, but the Wild have had a ton of sellouts and extra cash from the long playoff run and Ottawa got a new owner.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Blackshad

He didnt refused, his agent did!

Old
10-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Blackshad

I think He worth 1.5-1.8million a year right now

Old
10-04-2003, 04:39 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Dupuis 1.5 to 1.8? I would rather see him in a non Wild uniform then.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Tuomo Ruutu's Ego

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Dupuis worth 1.5 - 1.8 million? Sorry, he had one break out season. If I were Dupuis I would take a contract of about 800,000 this season with a team option for 1.5 next season, the clause being that he continues to play like he did last season and is not just a fluke.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:10 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Agreed, TRE...whole heartedly agree...

I mean he is a very, very solid player but he went undrafted and not recognized until last year. I think that he needs to prove that he can score 20 a year consistantly before getting more than 1.2 million. The thing is, though, fans are use to seeing huge contracts award to players like Dupuis who score 20 goals. I'm glad that the Wild, the Sens, and for a time, the Sabres trying to end ridiculous contracts to players that haven't even got 5 years under their belt and haven't shown consistancy.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Blackshad

48 points for 350 k ... what a joke
Zednik had like 2.5 millions last year with his bonus and he had 50 points..
I think 1.5 millions is fair for a guy like him.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Blackshad

Habs would sign him that price

Old
10-04-2003, 05:36 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Dupuis has only 2 years in the league, in a few years he'll certainly make more money but the Wild at the moment, are still a young team with a lot of investments they need to pay off and to continue to sign and keep some players.

I figure a 1-2 year contract at 800,000-1 million dollars loaded with incentives would be best. Then they go back to the table, figure out a new contract based around guys his age, what they making, this time fully sure that Dupuis is going to 1) hold up 2) be consistant 3) isn't going to be knocked out for a season with an injury.

Closed Thread